Let's talk about something here. The concept of "immersion" in videogames. Now is it just me...

Let's talk about something here. The concept of "immersion" in videogames. Now is it just me, or is this sort of a faggy thing to care about? I always hear it brought up as a poor justification to back up dumb opinions. I am not trying to be provocative, just something I've noticed. If you "immerse" yourself in videogames, you are probably a zoomer or autismal.

Attached: CBBFA343-524E-4418-AF09-A38E760C17ED.jpg (746x914, 76.38K)

You can immerse yourself playing tetris.

this fat fuck is stronger than 99.999% of all men on Earth

You must be 18 before posting.

Correct, now tell that to the immersiontrannies

Never forget the association with the consumption of escapist entertainment and the desire to escape your own sex. This is why mmos are filled to the brim with troons. They are the biggest MUH IMMERSION MUH SENSE OF ADVENTURE fags around

immersing yourself in vidya just means you're enjoying it, if you're playing a game with a storyline and you don't care about it then your insect brain basically wasted your money

YOU HAVE TO LIVE IT

Attached: 1637436744157.jpg (900x900, 134K)

Based Grizzly poster.

YOU HAVE TO LIVE IT

I play freecell about a half an hour a day while I digest my breakfast, drink my coffee, and wait for my morning shit to work its way loose. I don't know how the fuck I am supposed to immerse myself in it but I enjoy it and didn't pay a dime.

is this body type achievable natty?

Yes, but you might be too old by now to achieve that.

i see two types of immersion, one good and one kind of lame
I like the immersion that gets you in the zone, always thinking and strategizing what you need to do next, what you're using and what you're saving and waiting for the right opportunity for a move
I don't like the kind of immersion other people argue for where they want to BECOME their character, like any kind of reminder that they're in a video game is unacceptable, they want delve into a second life essentially and take the world in logical and immersive stride
Call it me being wired differently or autistic, i just can't get that second kind of immersion

immersion is when you are taking the game situation seriously and using your instincts to react to it instead of meta info or "lmao who cares, lol"

>Now is it just me, or is this sort of a faggy thing to care about?

You would know OP, being the expert in faggotry that you are.

I see immersion as something that's useful to transport you to the world that the game establishes and if somethin in it say something that has you realize that the world isn't authentic to it's setting, then it's immersion breaking

Anyone who says they can't immerse themselves in games is most likely someone who identifies themselves as a "mainly PC gamer".

Immersion is gay as fuxk, but so are video games. If I’m on my 20th character on an MMO, I might do something different story wise just to be immersed differently

if a game gives me a boner I consider it fully immersive.

This much is good.

As in anachronism? Because I agree, that is never good. But I always take it as retarded in and of itself; eg flashing neon skins and other kiddie shit in a period shooter

YOU HAVE TO LIVE IT