He fell for the hippodrome meme

>he fell for the hippodrome meme

Attached: B22AD858-36A0-414B-A8B8-29C8B818A989.jpg (235x214, 8.42K)

>hippodrome takes no skill it's just "turn left"

Never ever.

If Colosseum was so good why didn't they make a Colosseum 2? Checkmate Colossal Fags

Refering to slaves being forced to fight for their lives until they are killed as 'Games' is kinda evil.

Right here friend

Attached: 1631858991669.png (600x900, 468.72K)

WarioWare vs Forza Motorsport

With Roman graffiti shitposting being a thing, I wonder if there was a hippodrome/colleseum rivalry back in ancient rome.

For me, it's the Murmillo.

Attached: file.png (700x700, 470.72K)

>tfw sold my Game Cube before I could even buy this game
Not that I had money to buy these expensive Nintendo games in the first place, that's one of the reasons I sold my console.

>saving a thumbnail

Attached: 74a91f361d9dd58db351f002cc79dcfd.jpg (595x576, 48.25K)

>he's a Christian

Attached: 1642647040611.jpg (589x574, 39.09K)

> XD

what's so funny faggot??

Racers
>top of the world
>breaking speed records daily
>celebrities beyond compare
>so rich their grandchildren's grandchildren will still have fortunes
>cause riots whenever they win or lose

Gladiators
>bottom of the pit
>dying almost fucking daily
>more often than not slaves
>have to "earn" their release and live like regular men, at best
>couldn't excite an audience to save a life

A big chunk of the slaves were scandinavians believing in norse mythology.

fuckin scissorfags lel

colosseumpoors only play barbarian battle because it's free to watch and the smells are disgusting
by paying my Hippodrome Live subscription I get stable seats with a good view of the chariots

Cope

Attached: 1627765641348.png (595x576, 386.11K)

>naval warfare
wot

>Gladiator Combat
Multiplat
>Naval Warfare
Gimmickshit
>Man vs Beast
LOLBEARWINS every single game
>Barbarian Battle
Gladiator Combat with a fresh coat of paint
>Hunting Simulator
Botched port. Do not watch
>Martyrs
Casualized garbage that appeals to the lowest common denominator
>Martyrs 2: The Revenge
Shameless rehash

Colosseum has nogaems

DEX chad Retiarius reporting in

The graphics are shit, there isn't even any water, just two teams on lumps of wood trying to push each other off
Copeaceums will never learn

add;
>Gets to fuck every nobles horny wife because they will probably be dead next day
I still not buying this %100 but makes sense give how fucked up Rome was

>throws his faggy net at enemy
>misses
>his whole gimmick is gone and he's now stuck without any defense

Retiarius net needs a nerf. Make it a tiny net at least.

Rome was so cool why haven't we brought it back yet?

>hippie makes baseless statement
Naval battle is probably one of the best games of all time. Kino of the highest order

Attached: unfiltered ludo.png (735x507, 828.27K)

>because they will probably be dead next day
That's the actual bullshit, while gladiators were mostly slaves, they were rarely killed and the good ones could actually retire from fighting. Rich nobles had their own fighters and they wouldn't want to waste them.

>In 52 AD Claudius gave what was possibly the most "epic" of these on a natural body of water, Fucine Lake, to celebrate the completion of drainage work and tunneling on the site. It included one hundred ships and 19,000 combatants,[1] all of whom were prisoners who had been condemned to death. Suetonius' account, written many years after the event, has them salute the emperor with the phrase "morituri te salutant" ("those who are about to die salute you"). There is no evidence that this form of address was used on any occasion other than this single naumachia.
>The naumachia was thus a bloodier show than gladiatorial combat, which consisted of smaller engagements and where the combat did not necessarily end with the death of the losers. More exactly, the appearance of naumachia is closely tied and only slightly earlier than that other spectacle, "group combat", which did not pit single combatants against one another, but rather used two small armies. There again, the combatants were frequently those sentenced to death and lacked the specialized training of true gladiators. Caesar, creator of the naumachia, simply had to transpose the same principle to another environment.
Caesar is my favorite game developer. Followed by PlayerUnknown Guy

Attached: La_naumaquia-Ulpiano_Checa.jpg (3653x2563, 1.4M)

>trident outranges everyone else
>retiarius wins because no one can even get close without getting stabbed
polearmbros we just keep winning. we're the most successful fighters in history

Which modern day race has the most Roman genes in them?

The net is not to trap someone is to make them block it and then get stabbed with the trident. There is little the rest can do against that.

>implying that would make any difference

Attached: tiny net.gif (280x161, 894.86K)

Uhm these games are problematic and we need to cancel them...

the insanity of this doesn't get mentioned enough. That's an absurd amount of water, even if it was only a few feet deep. imagine the sheer absurdity of draining it

and how ridiculous that motherfucker leaked.

Did they actually give some prisoners bows in arena combat? What if someone said "Fuck it!" and fired into the stands?

I get that this is just art, but isn't it trying to depict something that may have actually happened?

>year of our Lord MMXXII
>coliseethers STILL can't play chariot race

Attached: 1642772331972.jpg (390x470, 42.85K)

why would you try to loose your arrows into the audience when there is a guy with a gladius running straight at you?

then they would be executed immediately. I mean anyone could've thrown their swords or axes into the crowd if they wanted to.

the actual dangerous prisoners weren't given anything like bows or really the ability to hurt the audience. most gladiators were willing to be there.

Only violent savages go to the Hippodrome
>On January 13, 532, an angry crowd arrived at the Hippodrome for the races.The Hippodrome was next to the palace complex, so Justinian could preside over the races from the safety of his box in the palace. From the start, the crowd hurled insults at Justinian. By the end of the day, at race 22, the partisan chants had changed from "Blue" or "Green" to a unified Nίκα ("Nika", meaning "Win!", "Victory!" or "Conquer!"), and the crowds broke out and began to assault the palace. For the next five days, the palace was under siege. Fires started during the tumult destroyed much of the city, including the city's foremost church, the Hagia Sophia.

strategic slave fighting was the best game ever

based
I like Secutor too.
Scissor is useless
Spears are good but they can't deal with large shields.