FFXIV

Why do FFXIV players lie about rotations in the game being complex or interesting? I was told rotations in this game were better than WoW but so far out of the 4 jobs I've played at 90, none of them are.

Attached: 1643244881317.png (1278x1036, 1.31M)

This is either bait or you're admitting to being a retard of the greatest magnitude. I prefer to think the latter given Any Forums these days

This thread is going to be shit post screenshots from EW you liked

Attached: 1CFCD6B3-F87A-4603-98E2-3F96DBEC3ADC.jpg (3840x2160, 739.55K)

It's not bait, FFXIV players really do think that.

>Why do FFXIV players lie about
They lie about everything.
>rotations and classes are complex
Every class I played were easy
>story is good
ARR-HW were great, SB was okay, but ShB/EW are total shounen shit
>ARR is a filter
It's the only good looking part of the game
>soundtrack is awesome
Soken is hack. Field tracks have small loops, and the only good soundtrack are remixes of Uematsu.

Attached: 1630179713948.jpg (236x236, 7.71K)

Oh there is a another thread up you guys have have this shitty one

Attached: C03D3DB9-2F45-45A2-92AC-2C79603118B0.jpg (400x400, 67.3K)

Attached: 1614750870329.png (601x644, 899.42K)

Attached: 2021-12-04_11-36-24-403_Alive 4.0.1 Fantasy.png (1920x1080, 2.74M)

actually it was the wow players saying that

>MMORPG
>complex

Attached: 1626986633358.jpg (500x500, 42.1K)

Just started playing for FF14 the first time yesterday, what should I realistically be doing right now? I'm not trying to dump hours, just trying to get straight to story content and high level

also any resources would be appreciated since I've been playing blind outside of knowing which endgame class i want to be (summoner)

Attached: 1476142_10152668719358837_2096518307935087398_n.jpg (540x720, 93.1K)

They're different than WoW, better or not is kind of subjective. A lot of WoW gameplay is just furiously mashing your buttons or rotation which is pretty unfun. FFXIV Rotations are pretty boring in that there is no variety to it, there is an optimal rotation and way to do damage and its the same everytime and you do it for nearly every encounter. WoW talents among other borrowed power systems, change this dynamically but then make the game a nightmare to balance.
I dunno WoW has been a terrible game for a long time and FFXIV is good but really overrated and I hate JRPG's so the story is really fucking gay to me and its all literally anyone talks about with the game when I could not care less about the story or lore.

Attached: 1637086012244.png (510x359, 354.29K)

if you wanted a complex fighting system you'd play a fighting game, hell even smash bros is way more complex than 99% of braindead modern mmo's.

No one says that anymore because the past two expansions have dumbed the rotations down to WoW level.

The rotations really were that complex in Stormblood, for many of the jobs. The Summoner rotation for instance was absolutely monstrous, hence the "two minute long opener" meme. It involved stuff like casting spells with one pet while in the process of summoning another one (pets had their own hotbar that was independent from your own hotbars and cooldowns, so you could cast from both your character and your pet at the same time), micromanaging buffs depending on the party composition, heavy MP managementoh and you had to move your pet out of mechanics manually as well because pets had HP.

the game is very easy to play no matter what you do

because it's designed as a normie console MMO designed for people who don't actually like the human aspect of MMORPG combat.
the biggest reason we really play it is because every other MMO is shitting the bed so fucking hard and XIV is the only one with a development team who anyone feels they can trust to not buttfuck the game deliberately because california told them to, and that's actually really important to online games

Most players are used to console games that have two attack buttons, maybe 4 or 5, so the idea of having 30 buttons to push on your playstation controller feels like a lot of complexity, when in reality you're just reciting a very slow pattern that was pre-decided years ago by the balance team. XIV has a super high skill floor, but a very low skill cieling.
For argument's sake, compare it to WoW where things are much less streamlined. You have classes like shaman where you are able to perform the damage portion of your class with probably about 10-15 keybinds, but if you want to be a good player then you need 30+ keybinds because so much of the toolkit are actual tools that have situational use that you, the player, are trusted with using at the right time. Or you could play MM huntard and literally push 3 buttons. WoW has a generally low skill floor, but a high cieling.

XIV is a very sterile game, but a lot of people enjoy that. The fact that there's no XIV content that is actually constrained by skill attracts people who just want to throw themselves at a game with a bunch of friends. Which, ironically, was what made WoW so immensely popular in the early days before everything became about tryharding.

Attached: 1374796030634.jpg (600x595, 63.82K)

You can't go wrong if you just follow the story while picking up quests with a + on the symbol. Those are the quests that unlock content. Ideally try to do any major sidestories that arise from + quests alongside the main story, or you may miss out on tie-ins from those sidestories later in the main story.

FFXIV is only "difficult" because the classes are needlessly complex and the raids are bloated with mechanics. WoW difficulty is more genuine since it's based on gear checks, while FFXIV difficulty is artificial since it's gatekeeped by skill.

Oh, it’s the same guy who’s been spamming anti- FF14 threads for weeks. Wanna know how I can tell all these posts are yours?

the rotations are all the same
"uptime" is most important thing, obviously, aka prioritize GCD. Then you do things that proc other things and you fit them in between GCD. It takes a couple dungeons runs to figure out the basics and then if you're high functioning then you get some further ideas to be tested on dummies. Or just take reddit's word as gospel and call it "meta", either way is acceptable. It's the exact same as WoW ever was and neither game has ever been hard

It just has more buttons to press, but you always press them in the same order every single time.

read ARR+Heavensward+StormBlood is a very different game compared to shadowbringers+endwalker. The entire way they designed raid fights was way different, half the fight was pure gameplay and the other half was mechanics. Compared to now when they threw gameplay out of the window and only do boss mechanics. These days a bad dps prolly does 400 less dps compared to a good one. Back in heavensward/stormblood the difference would be 1-5k.
Healers had a dps stance and their aoe healing would generate more aggro then tanks, you needed the perfect scale between healing and dps and lets not forget the mp management.
Tanks had dps stance and tank stance, there the tank stance would decrease your damage with 20% and increase your defense with 20%. You would pull with tank stance and switch to dps stance after a rotation and you would live on the edge of losing aggro to healers or the highest dps while doing perfect tank cooldows to actually survive the increased 20% damage taken for being in dps stance.

If you want the best experience, do every single thing in order. Don't advance from one area until you've done everything in it, don't advance from one expansion to the next until there is nothing left to do etc. It's better than going back later to try to clear it out. Read everything and take your time. You can take breaks to socialize, it's not like WoW where you feel the need to be max level, it literally doesn't matter