Do you think there is a real chance any of the big three drop off the console race in the next five years?

Do you think there is a real chance any of the big three drop off the console race in the next five years?

Attached: nintendo-switch-playstation-4-xbox-one-main-480x320.jpg (480x320, 9.2K)

No. The are all doing okay at the moment.

Welp, guess I lost 100$ in a bet. Fuck.

I doubt it.

Who cares. Your ""big"" three always used leftovers of technologies used on pc.

Attached: pcmr.jpg (1280x720, 40.52K)

The console war ended already boomer faggots, get over it. Sony became the dominant company, Microsoft became a netflix service and Nintendo moved to purely handheld gimmicks.

I'm worried about Sony. Restarting production of the PS4 is a bad sign. The PS5 just isn't moving the software like Sony hoped it would. They're in trouble, and no one is talking about it.

Sony. It's headed straight toward being a holding company that just deals in IPs. There's a real possibility that there won't be another Sony console after the PS5.

Nintendo already dropped out, they only make a handheld now

It won't surprise me if Sony exits, they just can't go toe to toe with Microsoft now that they're really throwing their weight around to capture the market.
Nintendo seems unlikely to exit, but I won't be surprised if there are some changes in their strategy like a major partnership to strengthen their position against Microsoft.

The wildcard is Microsoft themselves, who seem to be prepping a shift away from the old console model of selling hardware and games in stores, and towards a model where people simply pay for a subscription service.

A handheld what?

I think he's just Italian

You arent relevant here fat ass.

Peasant cope

Financial ruin and dropping out of the console war would be merciful at this point. Playstation as we knew it already died. The massive library is gone, the variety is gone, the exclusives are gone, the japanese dev support is gone. What is left is an expensive xbox ft movie games, anti consumer practices, and woke shit.

Disney will buy Snoy in 2023 and sell off SIE to Microsoft. You heard it here first.

Sony might become the default third place in the future.

Its our thread. It is a console thread. You poked your head in because you wanted attention.

Xbox maybe

Possibly.
xbox will never drop out now that they made those acquisitions
nintendo would have to pull another wii u without pulling another switch afterwards. unlikely given the success of their handhelds
Sony is unlikely, they're very competitive to keep their top spot in the industry but who knows. they've made some blunders recently

Microsoft stuck around this long literally just to say that theyre part of the console gaming industry. Despite supposedly losing money every gen. They dont seem to care.

No one is dropping this gen. Nintendo is going through an admittedly, absolutely unearned renaissance (the fuckin wii was better). Sony will may struggle for the first half but i expect a rebound halfway through ala the ps3 (not a comparison i like making because i actually like the ps3, but its sony they always win even now). It also pretty much takes two bad gens to kill a console brand