Wow, this series has changed. Before, it was a pretty good action game with cool soundtrack and neat bosses...

Wow, this series has changed. Before, it was a pretty good action game with cool soundtrack and neat bosses. Now it's a tales of spin-off where you and your characters just wail on bullet sponge bosses. Look at that shit, you can't even hear anything over everyone hitting the boss and shouting shit.

youtu.be/V08ckXLs-6c?t=7319

What the FUCK happened to Ys?

Attached: egs-ysixmonstrumnox-nihonfalcom-g1a-00-1920x1080-05f251c79964.jpg (1920x1080, 362.1K)

It was never good desu. IX is definitely the best one gameplaywise and even that shit feels so extremely boring and soulless.
They need to step up their game a bit. IX was a good first step but it's not enough

It was never really THAT good honestly. Even at its peak the series was just like pretty decent. Now it's just generic weebshit anime hack and slash #552382

Filtered.

It's fun.

>Series that spans like 20 fucking games
>it was never THAT good
Is this what Final Fantasy tards have to put up with every thread

So what? Call of duty has a million fucking games too. Is that a masterpiece series as well? Ys is overrated as fuck.

>pretty good action game
More like action game where you get killed in 3 hits

My first experience with Ys was Memories of Celceta which I really liked. There’s something that I like about finding new towns, talking to the inhabitants in each new setting, using new vendors to buy better gear, etc. Ys 8 is fun with the combat, but the island setting isn’t quite the same as exploring already pre-established towns. Is Ys 9 any good?

It really feels like Falcom aren't willing to experiment anymore. The old games all tried to at least mix things up a bit and attempt different mechanics, even if it occasionally ended up with garbage like Wanderers or mediocrity like Kefin. Since Seven it really feels like they're not willing to move from the party style comfort zone and instead trying new things they just keep attempting to add stuff back from the 6 engine games, like the jumping in Dana and the Burst mechanic in Nox (and I suppose the movement options in Nox is as well). It's long overdue for them to shake the systems up again but they're probably not going to do it because it'll alienate all the new fans who got into the series with the new games. It's a damn shame but no devs are willing to take risks anymore because it's not worth it.

Fuck you

Well IX has one big town and a bunch of mini town zones and a bunch of dungeons. It might be more your thing than Dana, at any rate.

Apparently Falcom say the next one is going to be completely different. They could replace it with something as bad or worse than party gameplay, but using a new system likely to be bad is still better chances than using an old system that will be bad

That'd be nice but I'll believe it when I see it, same with the Kefin remake that's long overdue.
Also make a new Popful Mail for fuck's sake.

Miss me yet?

Attached: 1636877965712.gif (320x180, 1.15M)

why? popful mail is just a generic platformer
>DUDE AM I SMART FOR KNOWING ABOUT A GAME FROM 30 YEARS AGO
how they about they do something entirely new instead of just milking their 30 year old ips

I miss than dumb tile erasing motherfucker. That damn mine bat, on the other hand, I'll never miss. Fuck that thing.

>DUDE AM I SMART FOR KNOWING ABOUT A GAME FROM 30 YEARS AGO
Holy fuck off with projecting your bitch ass assumptions, it was a fun game with charming and colorful characters and each version had different attempts to work on similar systems, the original even tried to incorporate the old Ys bump sytem into a sidescrolling platformer.
>how they about they do something entirely new instead of just milking their 30 year old ips
Nigger this is fucking Falcom, you're expectations are even more unrealistic than mine.

Is the combat in the same vein as MoC and Dana?

Yeah, same deal with a few more bells and whistles.

yeah i hated 9. the pinnacle of the current ys format is 8. it's obvious the gamplay needs a facelift. I would like to see it take after devil may cry rather than this tired and shallow party system.

its a fucking generic platformer, it was fine in 1990 but "durrr they should make a new one" is just you being a retarded and wanting to show off becase you what the name is.

Stop projecting you fucking faggot, just because you didn't play it didn't mean no one else did. The characters and setting have the kind of charm that is worth Falcom bringing back with new systems and gameplay. This is as retarded as hoping for a new Ys and someone citing the old games as just a generic Zelda clone and therefore not worth it. Just fuck off already.

Every Ys had it's flaws but I still enjoyed all of them.

dont rly understand how people can dislike certain ys games but not dislike the whole series.
obviously one will have favourites but despite gameplay changes the style of game and style of gameplay is the same from game to game

I guarantee 90% of the newfag underage rerards shitting on ys itt would love it if all the character were giant jiggly titted samefaced anime bimbos

Why bother talking about something you obviously haven't played?

The only Ys games that exist are I, II, Felghana and Origin. The rest are trash.

stunning and brave
Whats next, SMT 1 is the only good one too
Wow this guys opinioms are awesome, if only he could find a girlfriend, he could make the master race!

I'm the opposite of you. I loved the island setting and slowly having your comfy base grow. Getting to the top of the mountain was very satisfying aswell, nothing really captured the same feeling in 9 as it did in 8 for me.

played 1 2 7 origins 3 remake 7 4 remake 8 in that order
only missing 9 and 5 and originals of 3 and 4.
but do tell me how i haven't played the games lmao

I'm pretty sure the sameface anime bimbos taking up gameplay space is part of the reason party Ys has gotten stale and boring. I really don't care for any of the party members anymore, they've gotten too generic over time with only Dana being a real standout.

Attached: 1621077751762.gif (255x192, 761.63K)

Based Popful mail chad

Attached: skf4n1.png (1382x1200, 2.46M)

I'm surprised you'd give I and II a pass but not Dawn. Just saying.