Pokemon is dead

Pokemon is dead

Attached: 1622770244716.png (927x238, 35.99K)

I can't imagine why you would expect anything else to happen, the writing was on the wall, this game is going to at least perform as well as the main series entries.
People who don't even like the series are going to buy it just to see the new direction they're going in.

It's about time they shook it up a bit.

It's the best game Game Freak has made since before the 3DS. Is it particularly good? No. But it's a solid 6/10 which puts it above the mediocre-to-shit games they've made since going full 3D (and that includes non-Pokemon, Little Town Hero is awful).

If you enjoy a different formula, play that. Dumb faggot.

I love how snoys can't help seething about nintendo success

okay I will play that.

I hope they keep the trainer harm mechanic in future titles. Would certain make Pokemon more interesting.

Attached: PokeWorld.jpg (1102x620, 214.58K)

It's not, but my faith in humanity is.

Well it's actually a good thing. Think of it like this: if it sold badly, then all we would get forever and ever more would be remakes and main titles again and again.
At least now they have no excuse to try and do something different every now and then.

>pokemon game sells a lot
tell me something new

Harmoknight was decent. Credit where credit is due, I suppose.

Attached: Harmoknightlogo.jpg (333x298, 31.73K)

>breaking sales records
well of course, it's the greatest pokemon game ever

That did come to mind, but the gameplay is about as standard as it gets, abs for a rhythm game I've never over seen anybody praise the OST, which is kind of an indictment. You want a charming little rhythm game on 3DS with cute characters, you get Rhythm Thief.

You can catch a Gardevoir that is twice your size and have her follow you if anything pokemon is more alive than ever

Attached: 1643397276761.png (2000x2000, 3.35M)

Some people just want the games to be good

Duh. It's Pokemom but basically open world. It could suck and still sell a shitload

>everyone says pokemon needs an open-world game for over a decade
>finally gets one
>WTF WHY HOW COULD THIS BE WHY IS OT A SUCCESS

Who are you quoting?

The best thing by far is the seamless transition from battle to exploring and also how easy it is to choose what pokemon to send out. I found myself using way more pokemon just because I didn't have to go into the screen and change it all the time.

Literally any decently successful new game release "breaks sales records"
I don't get why I keep seeing these fucking headlines it's such a meaningless thing to say, even if they don't they just make up new records for it to break like "most digital preorders for a nintendo switch game that costs XYZ amount of money that has a blue store page" or some shit
I'm not even mad about pokemon I'm just really fucking fed up with this shitty fluff news I see every single day

Well they made the mind numbing gameplay at least tolerable, still not buying because 60$ for a gamecube looking game with no voice acting is stupid.

Long live Pokémon

>muh voice acting
Holy shit who cares

They finally made something that isn't the same rehashed game over and over again, I hope they continue with this path, who knows, maybe they will finally make a good game for once

>voice acting is the deal breaker, of all fucking things
Get your priorities straight.

Attached: 1640345310134.gif (112x112, 9.97K)

Not him, but voice acting when everything is 3D is kind of expected. Even the crappiest 3D jrpgs have partial voice acting.

I'd get it for a 2D game, but the whole pointbof 3D is to make the world feel more alive, and voice acting is a part of that.

The problem is that they rehashed BOTW and it's shitty empty maps

No, YOU'RE dead

Attached: FOK1OicFcIy_8w32.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

>capeshit
>star wars
>pokemon

how people keep eating this shit up is beyond me

Your post doesn't make sense when considering Kirby still doesn't have voice acting.

I think PLA is a good game.

Voice acting is annoying

Now take what you think is good and add that with Gamefreak actually being held to some standard

You didn't play either game so your opinion is worthless

easy 50 million sales