Its a great game but a horrible MGS game

Its a great game but a horrible MGS game.

Attached: tpp.jpg (960x540, 73.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0uSJ45Iuvp0
youtu.be/98qKlPuvjI8
thinkinthinkin.wordpress.com/2020/10/05/cut-content-metal-gear-solid-2-sons-of-liberty/
youtu.be/xN0VAsJElX4
eteknix.com/kojima-calls-mgsv-ending-blank-space-wont-filled/
famitsu.com/news/201602/26099526.html?page=2
youtube.com/watch?v=TI4gO_o336k
youtu.be/t4e7ibdS7xU
youtu.be/hV4wY2rjAWY
youtu.be/houDtgBNPCA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if you want a glimpse into what a full length linear Ground Zeroes stealth game would have looked like, play tlou2.

Its the same 5 missions over and over in an empty sandbox.

i didnt like the twist at the end other than that it was great
i mean it wasnt bad but when i buy halo i wanna play master chief, not that i do halo more like gaylo

so MGS isnt supposed to be a stealth action game? cause its the best stealth action game of all time

You're a huge faggot but a horrible dick sucker.

Honestly in the first MGS you spend more time fighting bosses than doing stealth
The number of guards in the entire game is in the low double digits

Any Forums will tell you that this
youtu.be/0uSJ45Iuvp0
is a worse boss fight than this
youtu.be/98qKlPuvjI8

desu MGSV is the only one ive spent a large amount of time with

MGS2/3 controls were very offputting for me, the crocs halted my progress in MGS3

>MGS2/3 controls
How? I've only played 1 and 2 but 2 controls exactly how I'd want it to

i dunno, i didnt play it at release and it was just very cumbersome for me, ill probably give it another whirl one day

>bottom is a fun cat and mouse gun fight with one of the best characters in the series, top tier music, interesting codec calls and great atmosphere
>top is a boring fight with generic bullet sponge enemies, no personality or flavor

Attached: 1528102268735.jpg (325x231, 10.68K)

I don't know, it's got all the trademarks of a standard Metal Gear game.
>characters are crazily melodramatic
>it puts muh themes well above anything making any sense in the story
>themes are all highschool-tier and pretentious
>the tech levels do not remotely match the era the game is supposed to take place in
>stable of bad guys with quirks that big boss has to defeat
>sexy bitch with tragic backstory
>super serious real world political events mixed together side by side with retarded shit like xof = kisses and hugs and a big fuck you
>characters regularly say completely nutty shit that makes little sense at all but sound very dramatic
>has obligatory Kojima plot twists that were incredibly stupid and forced
>"you da prayer were big boss arr arong"

Attached: 8345784982.jpg (1200x799, 298.71K)

We are talking about gameplay sweetie

Talking about gameplay because that's literally all you MGSV fags have. Everything else about that game is recycled shit we've seen a thousand times in the series already. It's not even a finished game.
The absolute state of MGSV fans.

Believe it or not the most important thing in video games is gameplay

Attached: 1448384958892.jpg (850x400, 45.66K)

MGSV is one of the worst stealth games and one of the worst MG games in general, only faggots disagree

Shame that open world is so empty user. Hey, maybe you should go rescue that prisoner for the 80th time. Cool shit.

>GAMEPLAY IS ALL YOU HAVE
he said, on the videogames board

Vchads, we fucking won

i loved the part where the villain starting going on a rant when his plans started falling apart

Cope.
A good story elevates a good game into a great game. Most games that stand the test of time, do so because they have a fantastic story.
If you think story doesn't matter, then you're a fucking moron and you should stick to online shooters.

Not really, better level design than all MGS games. Especially 1 and 2.

Attached: E6_Px-LWQAUI_w2.jpg (1703x4096, 654.72K)

>S-story doesn't matter
he said, knowing his game didn't have a good story at all and wasn't even finished.
The absolute state of MGSV fans.

UFFFFF
/kiss

Virtually empty open world due to them having to release an unfinished product. Recycled quests you have to do over and over once again, because the game isn't finished.
Imagine defending an unfinished product as the best in the series.

>cat and mouse gameplay vs bullet sponges
So was that post retard.

MGS2 has more cut content than MGSV
thinkinthinkin.wordpress.com/2020/10/05/cut-content-metal-gear-solid-2-sons-of-liberty/

honestly flawed masterpieces are one of the highest forms of art. if one aspect is so good that it trumps all of the flaws surrounding it, making you look past those flaws, it usually is better than something that is less ambitious but more well rounded

Cut content doesn't mean a game was incomplete, almost every game has scrapped content whether due its quality or some other reason. MGS2 has an actual ending compared to V.

What would be 'an actual ending' to V
Hard Mode; try not to describe something that just sounds like retarded fanservice

it's a good game but bad *blank* game

Attached: 1631934547132.jpg (570x587, 24.02K)

Then MGSV is not incomplete since it has an actual ending as well
youtu.be/xN0VAsJElX4

Attached: 851a5a9ed4b945982403484c41f687ff.jpg (640x350, 28.25K)

Showing Solid Snake getting ready to infiltrate Outer Heaven

Wanna give hard mode a try?

So fanservice?
This ending already shows Venom getting ready to fight Solid Snake

>showing actual events in the series is fanservice

I guess Kojima should have had your email or something so you could tell him how to make a game

1 - you can already play through the events in MG1
2 - it does show the event, but you're complaining that it's shown from the perspective of Venom and not Solid Snake. You just want to open your mouth like a soiboy and scream I RECOGNIZE THAT!

What a cope.
The end of the game rewards you by showing you a compilation cutscene after the "big reveal" of the shit they couldn't complete.
You're talking like it was intentional when even the devs admit it wasn't.

The mgsv ending is already retarded fanservice with the "you are big boss hurr durr" bullshit.
But thats not the main problem, the problem is that its sprung on you after doing random ass repeat missions with no build up, also that its just the tutorial level with 2 different cutscenes at the end.

Attached: 1493088923054.jpg (238x357, 29.19K)

Nice sandbox and gameplay but it's an unfinished product. It's a tech demo, shit game.

That would have been kino

Attached: 75423856741.jpg (385x216, 30.64K)

>even the devs admit it wasn't.
Source me up.

The opposite happened
eteknix.com/kojima-calls-mgsv-ending-blank-space-wont-filled/
famitsu.com/news/201602/26099526.html?page=2

Get a look at the game files some time. They cut an entire arc of the story, took what was at the time finished, and shoved it into that ending cutscene.

Yes yes, Kojima says he intended it, it's a part of his genius kek. But the dev leakers say otherwise, and so do the extracted game files.

I'll take Kojimas word over some rumors from Any Forums

Oh how unfortunate, it seems you misunderstood me. I was specifically hoping for a source where "the devs admit it wasn't" [finished] just like you said right there.

You do have a source for that don't you? You wouldn't just make stuff up would you user?

MGSV has garbage gameplay and an ok but unfinished story. Nobody who knows shit about game design will agree MGSV is actually a good game.

t. 14 y.o kid who 'knows shit' about game design

What do you guys think about Ground Zeroes? I find myself coming back to it every so often since I really like Camp Omega and how compact it feels.

great but overrated

>all these tools and abilities
>dont need 99% of them to take out every enemy in the game
missed opportunity

youtube.com/watch?v=TI4gO_o336k

>pretends the blatantly unfinished game is totally finished >
>even though act 2 consists of like 5 missions
>even though the bulk of the game consists of you doing missions you've already done, over and over again
>even though you only see the metal gear boss fight with Liquid via a cutscene
>even though there's a huge and obvious lack of content in the game
You cope so hard user. You know as well as I do that this game is a fucking incomplete mess.

I'll take leakers over the guy who constantly strokes his own ego and doesn't admit fault

Except he does.

Attached: ECxUJ9vUUAA4gHN.jpg (1200x820, 271.24K)

Even MGS1 is a better game. Keep coping though.

Only faggots agree, there fixed that for you

He doesn't admit fault one bit in that quote, retard.

Hmm, strange, I can't see a source anywhere here. I tried copy and pasting each line into my address bar but I got no results. Where is that source you were talking about user? I'd like to have it so I can epically own those dumb MGSV fans

POST IT NIGGER, PLEASE

Yes he does. He said that some of his fans were disappointed with his approach to MGSV and he wanted to return to more traditional storytelling.

I'm sorry user, I just can't find a corporate quote of them openly shitting on their own product. Imagine that. Guess you'll either have to take the leakers at their word, or the company who doesn't want to make their product look bad that they're trying to sell to you.
Imagine ever believing the corporate party line over obvious evidence to the contrary. You're such a retarded drone user.

Well it's better than MGS4.

He doesn't say he was wrong to do so, he strokes himself off about his genius and then says he'll give his other fans more of what they'd like in the next game. Never does he say it was a mistake to do.

We're talking about games user, not movies.

>even though act 2 consists of like 5 missions
the only mistake Kojima made was calling it chapter 2, should have just called it an epilogue and not give people high expectations
>even though the bulk of the game consists of you doing missions you've already done, over and over again
this is false
>even though you only see the metal gear boss fight with Liquid via a cutscene
You already fight Sally once. Yeah KOTF would be great but you just have to do without it.
>even though there's a huge and obvious lack of content in the game
Hard disagree. MGSV easily has the most content out of all MGS games.

>Talking about gameplay because that's literally all you MGSV fags have

Attached: 1525202081518.gif (320x240, 3.73M)

>textbook cope-posting

Kojima could drop on his knees and admit all of his games are dogshit yet you still wouldn't be satisfied.

>I'm sorry user, I just can't find a corporate quote of them openly shitting on their own product. Imagine that
Ohhhh shit... so does that mean this fucking nigger right here lied then? Wait, he might not be lying, maybe he's just a fucking RETARD that likes to pull HORSESHIT clean out of his fucking arse to try and make his dogshit arguments sound more convincing? Either way, I think any sensible person would agree that it would be a complete fucking waste of time talking to such a person.

Kojima could drop on his knees and admit that all of his games are dogshit and you'd still defend MGSV

Yes, because I have my own opinion.

MGSV sucks and is incomplete. You spent hundreds of hours playing in an incomplete mess of a game that wasn't even that good, loser.

Attached: 1642481896530.gif (285x225, 2.64M)

same, and my opinion is that you have awful taste for loving a shitty, incomplete game.

Well ok, it's better than piece walker?
And if you removed the movies from mgs1 and 2, it's better than those. But alas, you can't.

>you spent hundreds of hours enjoying something
vs
>you spent hundreds of hours seething about people enjoying it

>story doesn't matter
>world-building doesn't matter
>finishing development on a game doesn't matter
user can run around in 60fps, fluidly, so it's 10/10 for him

Why should anyone listen to you? You're clearly deceitful and/or retarded. You're not interested in having an honest discussion here. You're a fucking retarded lying faggot lol.

Talk about seething. You can't accept that other people think your shit game is bad. It's actually the majority opinion, too. Must be so shitty for you.

>gameplay doesn't matter

Attached: 1634409752177.gif (272x276, 2.47M)

Not lying, I just don't have a quote from literal Konami of Kojima himself admitting it, and they never would do that, because it makes them look bad. You're a retard for actually believing the corporate stock answer in the first place.

MGSV is objectively good

It's Silent Hill 4 of MGS series
So, the best one

Attached: voselv4l12e51.jpg (640x640, 68.38K)

MGS V is a great game right up until the façade falls and you realise you're just infiltrating the same 5 tents in a desert, using the same tactics and items, and the enemies are braindead.
Could take you a while to realise it, but I think for most people it was during chapter 2. Then comes the cope or the realisation.

>dude the game sucks the devs themselves said the game sucks stop liking the game it sucks
where did the devs say this
>lmaoooo wow dude you actually expect me to give you a single example of where they expressed the idea that I said they expressed earlier? They would never do that you idiot!
You say you're not a liar, so you're a retard then, right?

No
youtu.be/t4e7ibdS7xU

Objectively unfinished, maybe. Definitely not good though.
Imagine in order to get the ending of the original metal gear solid, you had to redo all those other missions you just did already. Such terrible game design to fill out a game with not remotely enough content. You like a shitty incomplete game user.

I'm not the one who loves the incomplete game and tries to pretend it isn't.

>you're just infiltrating the same 5 tents in a desert, using the same tactics and items
are you farming resources or something? what is wrong with you?

Holy fuck you've got nothing left have you? I'll leave you to it then. Try to avoid getting BTFO so hard again today I fear what it might do to your delicate ego

Attached: 1626652420376.jpg (994x1280, 338.19K)

95% of the outposts could be copy and pasted and I would not see any differences with what we have now. All the missions that do not involve OKB Zero (that has a practically scripted "sneaking" path through anyway) the oil station thing, the mansion or that fort might as well be the same exact place.
Pro tip: you don't need to bring anything other than magazines to get a perfect stealth.

It's a fun sandbox but that's about it. It is by far the best MGS game though, the franchise is a 3/10 on average and MGSV is like 6/10.

>repeats company line
>I win
okay user

Attached: 1479332400568.jpg (300x300, 16.44K)

Funny you picked MGS1 because that game had backtracking to pad out the game length
You also don't have to redo the missions in MGSV, but it's not a problem because they replayable + added difficulty. You can do side-ops instead to progress.

Never said it doesn't matter, I just value a good story over gameplay. I can tolerate some janky shit if the story is damn good. A well written story can elevate a good game into a great one, that's remembered for generations.

I wish you would repeat the company line that you claim you heard, but I guess you just made it up lmao

>you can rescue the same 5 prisoners over and over instead of playing the same story missions over and over
okay cool.
Also you only literally walk back in the map in MGS1, you don't have to redo all of the missions you did already, like you have to in MGSV.

>Implying MGSV won't be remembered for generations
Literally the MGS2 of our time youtu.be/hV4wY2rjAWY

Nah I just don't have it user. Sometimes that shit happens. Doesn't make me wrong though. You ignore the objective reality that the game is padded and unfinished, though. You claim they intended it to be that empty and repetitive and that shit is hilarious. You can literally see clips of what they couldn't get finished in time at the end of the game.

Or you can do different objectives? It's a sandbox game. Either you replay the missions with more difficulty or fuck around and do whatever you want. Sounds like good game design to me.

I literally completed it again this week, you're a lying faggot

Attached: METAL GEAR SOLID V THE PHANTOM PAIN_6.png (1280x720, 1.17M)

I can practically see you typing into the youtube search engine
>Metal Gear Solid V is a masterpiece
kek I can find people saying exactly the opposite on there too. It means nothing. Btw, most people happily admit that it's pretty empty, has melodramatic writing, and isn't finished. Only legit fanboys try to say otherwise.
youtu.be/houDtgBNPCA

I've played plenty of sandbox games before, and I've never run into one until MGSV that makes you repeat shit you've already done.

Your vid is from 2015, the one I posted is from 2020. I wonder who had more time to reflect on the game and come to a more objective and informed conclusion.

>u-ur lying
yeah ok.

It's so easy to tell when some fucktard only played a couple of hours of this, and never got to the part where you have to repeat the same fucking missions on the same fucking empty levels over and over and over again, while grinding in real time for some dumbass upgrade.
Good game my ass, you just never bothered finishing it, you vapid whore.

oh the irony

It's a great MGS game but a shit game. Like all MGS games

It matters, and level and mission design are part of it. The retards who unabashedly praise this thing never got past the first few hours. They never got to experience how truly copypasted the experience is throughout most of the game. And they even had the gall to sell the demo for 40 bucks.

I imagine that image is a slam dunk in that fart between your ears, but it shows how carefully designed each area in that game was. Also it's lovely how you picked the most primitive 3D game for your comparison, as if you're unsure of the bullshit you're defending.

>Nah I just don't have it user
That's funny because I recall a statement by kojima himself where he said he planned the story of V out after he made MGS2. My source? Ah jeez dude, don't got it on me right now, you understand right?

Oh what's that, you question the legitimacy of my claim? LOL FUCK YOU FAGGOT MGSV IS THE BEST AND YOU'RE A FUCKING DUMB FAGGOT NIGGER FOR NOT LIKING IT

That statement is untrue, and it's still a more complete game than 5.

He'd have to have finished the entire thing instead of just watching some of it on youtube.

It's a fun 2 hours that cost $40 at launch and set extremely high expectations that they never delivered. Terrible fucking value.

In the sense that the only idiots defending it never got to the point where you have to replay the game with modifiers, maybe. Except SH 4 had the decency of only making you replay it once to reach the ending.

You can do better than that, I think.

>objectively

Why is Any Forums full of twittertrannies in denial hiding behind buzzwords. Holy shit, this pure contrarianism is same as tw*tter, go kill yourself