Lvl 28 RDM here

lvl 28 RDM here
I'm on my first playthrough and I started out in Windurst. Now I'm on Mission 2-3, asking me to visit San D'Oria and Bastok. I still haven't been to either of them or Jeuno yet. Which should I go to first and why? I'm in Selbina right now trying to settle on a direction to go.

Attached: Nanaa_Mihgo[1].jpg (381x538, 36.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XI_stats#Basic_Stats
bg-wiki.com/ffxi/The_Doorman
bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Dexterity
ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Fanged_One
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

post butt

I can't find any good pics but you can have this. Now please help me.

Attached: Mhe_Quryobhi[1].jpg (200x400, 36.55K)

Jeuno is in the middle of all 3. Heading to jeuno IS heading towards the other two. If you have a mount, head out. Make sure to touch every home point you see.

>"If you have a mount"
>haven't been to Jeuno yet

sandoria first. getting to the dragon in bastok is much easier and only requires sneak

I forgot to add: remember that finishing ROV is your utmost priority. Everything should be done in order to further your progress in ROV. the benefits it brings are literally too good to pass up.

Can I fuck you in-game

Ngl I forgot about the chocobo quest being required even for shit like the crab. This user is right. Jeuno. Mount quest.

Yeah, I've heard about all the great benefits but unfortunately I'm autistic enough about the story that I'm saving RoV for last so that it doesn't get fucked up.

That's not me, it's an NPC. I want her and her two cronies to tie me to a chair and rape me.

RoV changes slightly depending on where you are in the story, because of the status of a certain character

you can't win this one, user.

I've read that but I've also read that some parts spoil other parts of the previous storylines, which I definitely want to avoid.

hmm. I don't know about that. the RoV missions are gated by where you are in all of the missions. SE tries really, really hard to keep the lore straight in game.

man I'd play with you user ngl but I'm so burned out from final fantasy after finishing endwalker and ff7r recently. Hope you have fun

Just a warning off the back of this post though, you WILL need to party up with other players to defeat the dragon+demon, trusts won't summon in the arena.

Another 11 thread. Is this a resurgence?

Or is there a good private server I am missing out on?

Attached: lolxremakeokimin.jpg (500x313, 28.78K)

I think they changed that at some point and trusts are summonable now. A the very least it's uncapped, so worst case he levels to 33 and powers through it with phalanx

No, the main SE servers are great and working.

Attached: Nm01.jpg (340x138, 15.57K)

>private server
>good
not on my overly autistic watch

just wowtroons looking for a new home

wowfags would never consider FFXI

you say that like they haven't nuked the ffxiv servers last year

Fuck that armor design is kino

I was in yesterdays thread. I've been looking for the old notebook with my Playonline info since then.

Attached: PhotoFunia-d9008dd.jpg (700x524, 108.1K)

they didn't get nuked so I don't know what you're on about

lol they even suspended sales of the game and all friend codes I shilled have 120+ days of subscription now. Wow used to be a containment game for these retards now they are free to destroy the remaining mmos. GW1 has also a massive amount of new players these days

Not OP but also new player, is there a guide out there to work out how damage works, a 'stats for dummies' thing? The 1-119 quickstart guide doesn't seem to go into any detail. Guides to jobs don't really explain anything other than giving specific builds and stuff, every time I've seen people discussing the combat it's just a swarm of unfamiliar terms and assuming you know how things work already.
It's definitely not something I'm going to understand how it works by myself, I've purely been choosing weapons based on what I like with almost no consideration to stats.

wow players won't survive FFXI, but they might get a brain playing GW1

what do you want to know?

damage in FFXI is... complicated... to say the least. there are pages that explain it in excruciating detail on BG wiki if that's what you're after.

Pretty hot..

imagine being this autistic lol

they probably want to perform better, unlike you, a permanent shitter. get the fuck outta here

>they
schizo too huh

>singular they isn't real
45 IQ post

your drugs, retard

Attached: 1643520751522.png (480x401, 439.71K)

imagine being THIS autistic ayylmao

you're on Any Forums crying about autism. have you considered you're even more autistic than who you accuse?

Are there any pages that explain the basics in not excruciating detail? I don't know how much I should actually know at this stage.
For comparison I played through XIV all the way just putting in the gear appropriate to my level, even to the point of doing EXes and Savage, I couldn't even tell you what most of the stats actually do.
If anything I have the opposite issue, I'm not autistic enough - any time people talk about stats my eyes glaze over. I just want to know if it's something I actually have to understand or if I can just no-brain it.
Like, apparently some weapons are bad to dual wield?

Attached: 1549975227298.png (159x161, 20.71K)

I haven't needed to look up pages like that, I don't know if they exist. I'll take a quick look

the short jist of it is you want to hit 1k TP asap, which means you want to have enough accuracy to hit 95% acc (the cap is 95%). You'll need 26% haste stated in text on your gear, and as much store TP, double/triple/quad attack as possible.

there's a point where you hit diminishing returns on store TP but that's a 5 second look at TP gain.

as for dual wield, are you going to play a job that dual wields?

it gets... complicated.

your main/sub, dual wield+ amount, etc all factor in to what weapons you should/shouldn't offhand due to how dual wield works

tl;dr: the primary function of TP gain is determined by your total delay of both hands, and Dual Wield reduces your total delay, meaning some weapons with too little delay are bad for jobs with high base dual wield.

Stats are drastically important. You can get away with a lot more leeway these days than you used to, but just for reference: Back in the day, if you showed up without +1 gear and the extra points of whatever it was giving you, you were borderline griefing your party. Things die much faster now, and you get far more exp for doing it, but stats are still king. Now, that said, on a weapon the single most important stat is DMG. This game isn't like most where your weapon damage is something added on top of everything else, the DMG number is the start of the math. But, like the other user said, after that things get extremely complicated, with side-channel considerations out the ass. And really, before even that the absolute most important stat of all is your level. There's a huge damage/accuracy function going on that compares your level and the level of the target, and then curves things sharply one way or another depending on the size and direction of the gap.

If you follow the wiki walkthrough, they'll tell you if you're at a spoiler mission. But I get it, it's probably weird to read some of them and have the characters act like they know who the hell you are.

just be glad they removed Alpha from the WS damage equation, fucking garbage ass paradoxical modifier that did almost nothing for no justifiable reason

Where in the game does it tell you this stuff, is there a page I'm missing? Weapon descriptions give me "DMG 4, DELAY 219" and I don't know if that's good or bad but those are at least numbers I can compare. The status page gives me an attack number. How do you learn this stuff?
Or is it going to be hopelessly complicated and I'm never going to understand, and I should just copy a build guide off the web? If stats are important then I'm probably not going to do well on my own, stats and math were never my strong points.

Attached: 1619359874417.gif (343x498, 3.24M)

You mean like this? finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XI_stats#Basic_Stats

While you can do a lot with stats, each job will still have a pretty obvious stat path. Thiefs want DEX and AGI majority, Bards want CHR, etc.

it doesn't tell you anywhere. everything we know was reverse engineered via observation. I'm not even joking.

and yes, the guide writers for X job on ffxiah or bgwiki know better than 99% of the playerbase.

Frankly I wouldn't bother following equipment guides much until you hit 99. You're going to be sprinting through these levels so long as you pop exp rings and get on during bonus campaigns.

Unlimit BLU.

Attached: Unlimited.webm (774x446, 1.87M)

if you're as new as youre making it sound, you basically don't need to care yet. Keep relevant weapons skilled, but you can literally otherwise be naked thanks to trusts

my recommendation would be to slap on accuracy/haste gear and bother with nothing else until level 99

Bros, all the youtube dipshits claiming there may actually be some kind of xi remake are full of shit right? The mobile game tanking had to be the final nail in that coffin.

an FFXI remake would be an absolute disaster. the old players would reviewbomb the shit out of the new stuff because it wouldn't match nostalgia, and the game would have to be a casualized wow clone with no soul.

It just can't be done, and SE would be dumb as fuck to try it.

>While you can do a lot with stats, each job will still have a pretty obvious stat path. Thiefs want DEX and AGI majority, Bards want CHR, etc.
Some of those don't seem obvious to me, though. What stats does a dancer need? What about a WAR/DNC hybrid? Does it need different stats to DNC/WAR? Wouldn't it depend on what weapons I was using? How do I know what weapons I SHOULD be using without just looking it up? Warrior is apparently the "master of weapons" does that mean I can just use any?
It might help to set out my stall so to speak, explain my knowledge level - XIV is the only Final Fantasy game I've played more than a handful of hours of, and I have next to no traditional JRPG knowledge. I don't know how traditional FF classes or really RPG classes work, my main JRPG experience is Dragon's Dogma.
Okay, so ignore stats up to level 99 and then just follow a guide? That kind of sucks a lot of the fun out of it but sure, I can do that.
Won't I suffer for not knowing how any of this works once I'm there though? Like, once I'm at cap will I be okay just following a rotation guide or something?

Attached: 1571712104122.jpg (1176x662, 120.18K)

>What stats does a dancer need? What about a WAR/DNC hybrid? Does it need different stats to DNC/WAR?
most of the time you only give a fuck about differences on main job, sub rarely matters. that's because you use the weapon your main job is good at

so for WAR it will be Great Axe/Great Sword, which wants STR/VIT depending on the weapon skill you're using (regular melee hits for ALL weapons on ALL jobs deal more damage based on STR)

for DNC, you'll be using dagger, where the vast majority are DEX modified.

>That kind of sucks a lot of the fun out of it but sure, I can do that.
It's better than farming Rare/EX gear for weeks from NMs then just throwing it all away at 99 anyway.

also, there is no "rotation" in XI. your character has agency and acting/reacting matters, instead of mashing a rotation. you'll probably get a glimpse of that leveling.

cont...

I think there is one thing in FFXI that you probably don't understand yet since it's not really a thing in.. well... any game

You will have different TP gain sets and different weapon skill sets, as you can change them *mid combat* with a press of a macro.

You will want to maximize your TP gain with a TP gear set, then when you use your big dick weaponskill, swap into the +big dick STR/Attack etc equip set to deal big dick damage.

A job like Warrior only cares about unga bunga, so there's very little optimizing there relative to jobs like... red mage... where god damn everything they do has a unique set just about.

Later you will want to think about a "hybrid" gear set where you have some damage reduction% baked in so you don't instadie to ilvl dumbfuck idiot enemies designed by monkeys.

ilvl is sort of jank, and broke a lot of FFXI's core design imo but it's still a good game overall

Not gonna lie, I can't remember the last time I used great sword on my WAR. Feels like nowadays it's all about Gaxe/Sword/Mace/Polearm. You want to have sources of slashing/blunt/piercing damage and these weapons provide.

At level 50 you'll get your quest for your jobs artifact armor set, which will often have the sort of stats and other bonuses you want. I say often because the WAR AF has some dubious choices like Shield Skill +10 when you really shouldn't be using shield. Generally speaking you will want STR on Warrior, with VIT as a secondary focus if tanking or weapon skill modifiers, but that's an entirely different topic you don't really need to worry about until endgame. You don't need to stack DEX on a job that doesn't predominantly rely on it for an accuracy boost because equipment that explicitly gives Accuracy + is worth like 2 DEX per point if I recall correctly. Which is another thing you will need to remember, those sorts of stat bonuses are usually superior to stat boosts when you have the option. +2 STR is less useful for you than +6 Attack. +10 Accuracy is better than +10 DEX.

I haven't used WAR for real since abyssea so I just don't know. I also quit just before Odyssey, so you might know more than me on that front. I'll be back someday, probably for emp+3

>Accuracy + is worth like 2 DEX per point if I recall correctly.
due to barance, i think 2 DEX = 1.75 ACC on 2h and 1.5 on 1H or something incredibly stupid? I know it got changed recently, well, recently in FFXI terms

>most of the time you only give a fuck about differences on main job, sub rarely matters. that's because you use the weapon your main job is good at
But how do I know that or find it out? I mean, you just told me which is good, thank you, but if I want to learn something else how do I figure it out if the game doesn't tell me and the only time it matters is at end-game? Am I not going to hit roadblocks mid way where I go into a boss at level 50 or something and I get one shot or I need to party up and then someone calls me a retard because I'm using an axe with a mace and not a mace with an axe, or the wrong kind of axe?
That's another point, are there supposed to be job quests or something? I'm on level 30 with my warrior and thief, but I've not had to interact with any NPCs about the jobs. When I hit 50 does the game tell me to do the quest? Will it be obvious who I need to speak to?
>Which is another thing you will need to remember, those sorts of stat bonuses are usually superior to stat boosts when you have the option. +2 STR is less useful for you than +6 Attack. +10 Accuracy is better than +10 DEX.
>>Accuracy + is worth like 2 DEX per point if I recall correctly.
>due to barance, i think 2 DEX = 1.75 ACC on 2h and 1.5 on 1H or something incredibly stupid? I know it got changed recently, well, recently in FFXI terms
I don't know what any of this means.

>but if I want to learn something else how do I figure it out if the game doesn't tell me and the only time it matters is at end-game?
in no particular order:
random question thread on FFXIAH, ask your linkshell mates if you get a linkshell, bg wiki

In the general situation, you're going to use weapons that have A- to A+ rank in skill for the job you're playing.

>Am I not going to hit roadblocks mid way where I go into a boss at level 50
funny you say that because Limit Breaks (aka Genkais) to increase your level cap start at 50.
the game isn't super punishing until level 99, and trusts will get you all the way to 99 with zero issue.

>When I hit 50 does the game tell me to do the quest? Will it be obvious who I need to speak to?
no, no. you were supposed to learn of these via players back in the day, you know, back when MMOs were MMOs and not theme parks. All jobs have a level 40 weapon quest, and variosu different quests, coffer key location to get level 52-60 AF armor. see bg-wiki.com/ffxi/The_Doorman for WAR's quest chain.

>I don't know what any of this means
we don't have to, because the wiki does.
bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Dexterity

Weapons are very easy to deal with. You go to the auction house every few levels and scope out what the weapon with the highest DMG is you can get, and use that one if you have the means to get it. Bigger DMG will always trump anything else you can get in these lower levels unless you're on a support job like WHM.

As someone else who just started FFXI and has spent days trying to penetrate the inaccessibility, reading this post was fucking hilarious.

I started playing back before we knew basically anything. No parsers, damage formulas were in infancy, most latent effects were unknown due to no JP guides being released yet.

People all had wild ideas about how STR/Attack worked by using dumb analogies with STR being the size of the cup of water and Attack filling it... which was wrong

i learned all these things "naturally" over the course of years, so I can imagine it being a daunting task to literal new players

Mithras > Miqp'tes

Attached: naja skyblueseed.jpg (474x593, 223.81K)

true facts

>no, no. you were supposed to learn of these via players back in the day, you know, back when MMOs were MMOs and not theme parks.
I can see why that went out of fashion when you can just google that kind of thing instead and not have to interact with other people

>What stats does a dancer need?
DNC and /DNC can heal itself and others using Waltz and Waltz uses your CHR and the targets VIT to determine potency
you are too new but eventually you could collect gear with VIT and CHR as part of a macro to quickly equip before the Waltz and then after switch back to your normal combat gear
>how do i prepare myself for endgame if none of these stats matter before then
you dont
there should be a phase where you start collecting easy to obtain gear and finding out what makes your job powerful and building on that

Don’t listen to this guy. Save your gil and trade in the ridiculous sparks you get from RoE instead.

Solo players outside of BST were basically dead on arrival due to FFXI's core design being you need to play with other players unless you dramatically outlevel the content

MMOs back then were actually trying to present a world as a real one, so quest markers etc were not needed. If you pay attention when you do certain quests, such as the chocobo quest for example, you'll learn that Brutus is a beastmaster, and he's actually the guy who gives you BST related quests for AF. I don't think NPCs indicate they know what level you are beyond that you've "gotten stronger", or "gotten better" at being X job

I am sure back at JP release for level 55/60 cap, there were patch notes indicating that AF was released with a vague "go find it", but for NA we basically got fuck all and only word of mouth and what little trash on alla was posted. Note that when NA released the level cap was already 75, or perhaps 70? I can't remember as it took me a while to get to 75 anyway...

user I definitely wouldn't tell you to finish RoV like the others, but I do highly recommend doing it up until the point where you unlock the ability to use a full trust party (so you + 5 trusts). That is relatively early into the questline if I remember correctly.
That said, I don't really remember how far I managed to get with the smaller party. You don't necessarily have to do the RoV thing right away, just see how you can manage with the smaller party, but keep that in mind.

Attached: 1609414191810.jpg (600x540, 76.24K)

>there should be a phase where you start collecting easy to obtain gear and finding out what makes your job powerful and building on that
And when is that? When I just hit 99?
>i learned all these things "naturally" over the course of years, so I can imagine it being a daunting task to literal new players
I think that's part of my issue - I wouldn't mind learning stuff if it was a single player game where fucking up only affects me, but if I'm going to have to do stuff with other people then I worry about fucking up and being called a retard because I'm not playing optimally. It's probably an unfair assumption but I feel like the players of this are going to be bigger dicks than you'd usually encounter.

>MMOs back then were actually trying to present a world as a real one, so quest markers etc were not needed. If you pay attention when you do certain quests, such as the chocobo quest for example, you'll learn that Brutus is a beastmaster, and he's actually the guy who gives you BST related quests for AF. I don't think NPCs indicate they know what level you are beyond that you've "gotten stronger", or "gotten better" at being X job
Sure, but I'd say it doesn't do a good job. There's a difference between a game not leading you by the nose, and one that gives you no help or info whatsoever. Even Morrowind gives you a quest journal.

>Bigger DMG will always trump anything else you can get in these lower levels
Archer's knife DW says hello. Good luck leveling ranged combat skills with no accuracy.

How do I unlock ranger?

ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Fanged_One

How do I learn and use Sleep, I need to sleep the dragon to beat Windurst 2-3.

RNG is probably the easiest unlockable job to get, you talk to a chick in windy, then you go watch a tiger die, then you return and bam, you're a RNG now.