Honest Any Forumserdict?

Attached: SQ_NSwitch_PokemonLegendsArceus_DE_image500w.jpg (500x500, 78.8K)

It’s great

Best game freak Pokémon game in 10 years.
Which is sad because the last good game freak pokemon game was B2/W2 10 years ago.

6/10 they tried

finna try it out rn

A step in the right direction but still far from great.

It's really fucking good. I thought it'd be shit.

Kino/10

Which more than you can say about the last 3 generations.

I like it so far, but I'm not gonna pretend that my expectations are rock bottom for the series at this point.
It's refreshing to see them at least attempt to branch out, it's a promising way forward for the series. The mainline entries can stand separately from these kinds of games, it doesn't have to be one or the other.
Most importantly, it's good enough to sell a LOT of copies.

A messy and graphically ugly experiment, but somehow still a fun one. Also I'm still impressed they were willing to go so off-script for a series whose main criticism for years has been being too formulaic and being the exact same thing over and over and over. And that they didn't do paired versions, they could have easily gotten greedy and done Legends: Arceus -Diamond Clan version and Legends: Arceus - Pearl Clan version. They restrained themselves a little and I respect that.

7 out of 10

it's decent for a pokemon game. So of course pokefags will call it the best game ever, as usual.
keep this in mind when reading pokeshit reviews
>reviewers say it's great
it's just good, 7/10
>reviewers say it's good
it's mediocre, 4-6/10
>reviewers say it's bad or "a little" disappointing
it's a barely playable steaming pile of shit

That was my reaction 2 hours in but the novelty of a pokemon game in big maps wears off 10 hours in and by the end you want it to be over. The snow area (the last one) being barren and really fucking ugly visually doesn't help.

Attached: 1642635117483.jpg (1024x980, 65.36K)

Inarguably the best 3D Pokémon game
I don't necessarily want the mainline games to be exactly like it, it's a completely different kind of game, but they could take a lot of notes from how streamlined and seamless it's made a lot of fundamental features.

Attached: Akari art.jpg (700x1080, 205.07K)

Looks and plays like a gamecube game. 7/10

>Looks and plays like a gamecube game
I will now buy your game

Honestly it has that soul of a gamecube game

It's garbage. 2/10 for what can be expected on the Switch. However, this is Game Freak we're talking about so everyone gives them 5 pity points, boosting it to a 7. It is the best 3D Pokemon game they made, and that's just fucking sad.

The gameplay is mechanically sound but the implementation is lacking in areas and the aggressive draw distance/LOD accentuates how barren and uninteresting the maps already feel, undermining the exploration aspect.

Generally speaking the game look okay to good up to about 30 metres in front of you and then it quickly goes to shit. God forbid if you have any sort of elevation (and you'll be elevating a lot once you unlock gliding).

This entire game is what the wild area in SwSh should have been to begin with and I'll be seething if GF back peddles on it come gen 9.

The fact that Pikachu and Eevee had their cries reverted to the originals instead of the anime pandering shit is all people should need to hear

Attached: akari.png (2116x3959, 3.38M)

It's shit

Solid 8/10.

the busted graphics are the only issue dbh
why can't gamefreak figure out HD 3D? they're still trying to make DS games

Don't mind the graphics, lots of gameplay and maneuverability.
At keast a 7.5/10 yall

Attached: 1643527519245.png (904x298, 134.41K)

We havent had a pokemon game this good since BW2 like 10 fucking years ago

Great gameplay, poor quality everything else.
Why can't we have shit like this?
Everysingle pokemon just stands around or walks back and forth.

Attached: file.png (1787x1550, 3.81M)

It's pretty damn good for a free to play game.

Because THAT wasn't made by Game Freak or the Pokemon Company. THAT was made by Bandai Namco.
>Great Gameplay
It doesn't even have that. NPS had more interaction and intuitive gameplay than the schlock given in PLA.

the space-time distortion is chaotic but FUN! shit falls from the sky, strong pokemon are trying to murder YOU (not your pokemon), rare pokemon show up, and I already got a shiny
also does anyone else enjoy searching for lost satchels?

Every one of these looks like shit

the game is litterally shit compared to others titles on Switch. Probably it can be good on GameCube, today it is unaccettable. And it is not even an opeworld, i have no words how a big disappointment is this game to me.
The core gameplay sucks ass, and you spend 3/4 of your times launching balls to wild Pokemons. It's litterally Pokémon Snap without soul and with no railroad.
The world has no art direction at all, and everything seems soulless, bland and fake as shit, it is never immersive.
I really can't understand how people can accept this pile of shit in 2022

>Because THAT wasn't made by Game Freak or the Pokemon Company. THAT was made by Bandai Namco.
The give them the reigns for the graphics next title. Or in fact, all of them.

Still early in the game but currently feels 7/10. Production value is worse than Sword and Shield/ Lets go Eevee and Pikachu. But exploration and gameplay has better direction compared to Sword and Shield/Let's go. The fact I can actually enter into areas 5-10 levels higher than me is the right step in the direction. Also main hub and music is fairly comfy.

Honestly had Gamefreak integrated Legends Arceus into the recent remakes it would have been actually kino.

Attached: 1636324878624.png (332x382, 164.28K)

the map looks huge, but then you realize it takes 2 seconds dashing on the reindeer thing to travel through half of it

>Production value is worse than Sword and Shield/ Lets go Eevee and Pikachu
You're fucking blind if you think the Wild Area looks (nevermind runs) even half as good as this game

Absolutely
I never minded pikachu because his voice actress is the same around the world but hearing eevee go "EEV-OI" or idk what the she says in japanese always felt weeb as fuck.

Having the original cries back feels so good, almost as good as when we got the original gen 1 hyper beam & psychic SFX back.

too many shills, not buying it.

It's fun but I still can't have sex with the pokemon so 7/10.

and still better animations and visuals than legends

I kept the game running while I was doing stuff in my phone and man the music is pretty nice

Well new snap is on rails and the only gameplay is press x to take picture so of course they put all their time and resources into graphics. I'm not excusing gamefreaks bullshit just stating the obvious.

what the fuck are you talking about?

pokemon is a billion dollar franchise, even regular million dollar franchises can do shit better than both snap and legends arceus.

Literally me for rn for the past hour

>he doesn't know
>he didn't play it a week ago
lmao

Uh huh sure thing buddy not sure why you are replying to me as if I don't know that. Reading is hard.

>Somebody who obviously never played it
NPS had a LOT more than just smashing X to take pictures. There were a lot of conditionals that needed effort to do (though enough for a child, so minimal). Route splits, special shots, extras littered throughout; it was a VERY robust game for what it offered. AND, given that they both work the same way (hub to start and get quests in, enter a separate hub to do so) there is ZERO excuse for Game Freak.

>Why can't we have shit like this?
because the fucking switch sucks ass, that's why

Please shut the fuck up you stupid faggot.

user, those are screenshots from a Switch game. What are you talking about?

Seethe harder, troon.

I said production value user i.e. graphics, resolution, model quality, texture work. The fact pokemon 3d models like bidoof's will go from high poly to low poly the moment you are more than three steps away during battle is very telling.

It can easily be better, we know this cause Monster Hunter Stories 2 just did it.

Kill yourself retard.

on rails screenshot taker

The world is so boring and generic. Why didn't game freak ask Monolith Soft to work on this like with BOTW?

He means emulating it

Kill yourself retard.

Probably because Monolith Soft is work on BOTW2 and their own Xeno game. There's only so much they can do at once.

Can't hear you around the froth. Goodness knows it's not from Gook girth.

Kill yourself retard.

It's pokemon of course it's dogshit

If you're going to say stuff like that, then what did Gamefreak put all their resources into?

Aww. Look, everyone! I broke It. It's crying behind the screen. Isn't it adorable?

advertising on Any Forums

Kill yourself retard.

if you don't like PLA you are an old and gay tryhard

Remember that GF is technically not an "in-house" Nintendo developer.
Also I'd be kinda mad if Monolith wasted their time trying to get GFs shit in order, they have better things to do

Attached: 1636647814298.jpg (1024x1024, 106.03K)

Yeah SwSh has much better production values when instead of making the far-away thing go at low framerate to save resources it makes the whole game tank to 10fps while still looking like shit
Everyone knows Pokémon games aren't known for stunning visuals but Legends is easily the best looking 3D game and it's not even close. Even simple details like characters having actual expressions and movement not being locked to a grid make a huge difference.

If you do like it you are a cocksucking faggot. Get on your knees, bitch.

feet/10

Those last 2 were added to the franchise almost a decade ago. You can't keep giving credit to the newest shit game.

game is like any other Pokémon game, the catching and battling carries it immensely
>graphics
>world is empty, not much to explore besides catching Pokémon
>frenzied battles are trash
>too much fucking dialogue
>Pokédex research only exists to pad out the game

Akari is pretty fuckable, 8/10

>Those last 2 were added to the franchise almost a decade ago
The expression work in the Gen 7 games is famously terrible, your character is a stone faced freak. Gen 8 is marginally better but they're still just textures on a flat face.
Gen 6, 7 and 8 are all still grid-based even though they allow you (mostly) free movement during gameplay. Everything locks to the grid during cutscenes and animations do robotic 90 degree turns and it looks like complete shit.

Its okay

Attached: 1629514034637.png (1869x1212, 2.37M)

Eh / 10

Game is awesome. The technical aspects of the graphics are really fucking bad and I've noticed that if Pokemon stand in water they turn into heavily pixelated jelly (some kind of filter issue?) but everything else is great, especially if you think of this as a platform to build upon in future titles, though I have my doubts that Gamefreak will see it that way.

But you want to act like this one is good? It's still doesn't compare to consoles from 2 decades ago.

>the retard got banned
top kek I know you are reading this

Attached: 1635719843803.jpg (900x1000, 317.16K)

Based
Fuck that sperg

Nobody was talking about other consoles and I don't feel the need to compare an anime game for kids to a photorealistic murder simulator for mature gamers like myself because I'm not an insecure retard.
The point of argument was saying that this game somehow looks worse than LGPE or SwSh which is obviously a fucking idiotic statement.

Good game.
>Shit story
>pathetic visuals
>no voice acting but still 10 minute long cutscenes
>too many useless crafting ingredients and recipes
>no online battling
>fetch quests out the ass
But the exploration and combat are top notch. The seamless battle transitions do wonders for the pacing, and the Pokémon variety is nice. I love the new forms like Typhlosion being a ghost type now. I love the challenge. Love to see shinies on the map again. Love how learned moves can be swapped at will, and how evolutions are a menu option now. As far as the gameplay is concerned, I’m stunned that gamefreak made something fun to play. Just a shame that it still looks like a budget game, but hey, baby steps. I had zero expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

it's a fun game with some flaws/10

Attached: 1624820870608.jpg (314x342, 30.97K)

>fun
KYS

it's shit

I'm 10 hours in. It's extremely boring and repetitive and I'm done forcing myself to play it. Maybe for 15 bucks it'd be worth it but meh

Garbage with some wasted ideas

Best Pokemon game in a while.
Masuda is a mistake.

Its on the Nintendo Switch therefore its good.

>big improvement on catching mechanics
>improvement on wild battles mostly through alpha Pokemon
>very few trainer battles
>strategy still not needed
>no multilayer battling
>world is pretty boring
>distortions are pretty good
>less Pokemon than GS probably to sell dlc later
>Pokedex checklist is an interesting idea but mostly unrewarding here

It definitely looks worse than LGPE, but that feels like a choice

You're definitely insecure with that first sentence, there are hundreds of games that look far better without having to be photo realistic.

no it's not you idort

What exploration? And people have been screaming "baby steps" for a decade.

I'll get it when its $30 or less

So you'll never get it unless you pirate it.

SPBP

I pirated it a week ago don't tell nintendo.

I don't have a hacked Switch and my pc can't run it

Check the catalog.

Pokken & New Snap btfo Arceus

Sucks to be a retard.

>Console gen 3 graphics
>But pokemon open world so everyone will buy it
Still better than sun & moon or remake number 12
At least they tried something new, i just wish they gave the devs more than 10 dollars and 4 months to develop the game.

Okay Lol

>He actually BOUGHT the game instead of downloading it for free.

Attached: 1643159531753.jpg (828x752, 58.53K)

Attached: 20220130_084639.png (1280x1551, 2.08M)

Gameplay fun, world and journey is mediocre / bad. Exploration is largely unrewarding. The music is bland and tries too hard to be BoTW.
In fact a lot of the game's components feel straight up lifted from BoTW in the most barebones way possible, instead of the small seed dudes you find by doing puzzles and such in BoTW you can find purple wisps, except these wisps just appear in the overworld and requires nothing other than being found. Exploration will at best net you a resource node that you can find anywhere else in the world.
For a game that marketed itself as "explore the Hisui region" there's very little reason to actually explore.
6/10, buy it on sale

I'm so tired of the "BW2 is good" meme.

pokemon swsh, but if its only the wild area multiple times and they removed a bunch of content from the game. I can understand why some people may like it, but anybody who would want the pokemon game to become better would hate it.

Better than any Pokemon game in the last what, 10 years?
That doesn't say much tho, it seems fun, but spending a fucking hour on a tutorial with long ass dialogue accompanied by that boring repetitive soundtrack ground any small excitement I had. Why do I have to learn how to capture Pokemon not once but TWICE? honestly retarded.
It's just really barebones and ugly, and the pokedex feels like just padding
Haven't finished it yet because after the tutorial i was already tired of it, but i'll play more. Until now I'm having a pretty mediocre experience, like 4/10 in terms of game. As a pokemon game tho this is like a 6

I was honestly impressed with a lot of things the game managed
>Seamless battles
>Your pokemon finds a good place to stand including on sloped surfaces
>You can run around while battling
>Every move has a unique hitbox that'll knock you down
And yet it doesn't break, the first is a big enough bitch to get right but you moving is so unnecessary and could so easily break. I think that is why people are willing to forgive the graphical shortcomings. It is the best monster collection game in the pokemon series, even if it is missing so many features that would make the game more fulfilling.

They could also reconfigure some things so people get the concept better. The catch 100 bidoofs thing isn't a goal, it is bonus points for something you do while fucking about. I caught a load trying to get a alpha eevee to spawn as it was the quickest way to clear the spawn point. Without it the game would be more grindy as you'd earn less research points. The idea that you have to actually use/fight a pokemon a few times to see it do stuff is great. You actually research them for once. It is a concept you could really build on.

I've really wanted to play a modern Pokemon game but I just can't justify spending 60 quid on something like this where the world and environment design is 10 years behind other open world games. The fans deserve better. Although they still continue to buy shoddy Pokemon games so maybe they do deserve more shoddy Pokemon games.

How does it run on emulators?
Can I play with a 2700 and a GT 1030?

mediocre game that recrives praises from manchildren because "pokemon"
if this were any other franchise it would be ridiculed and laughed at

??
Is it not?

>plenty of friends recently played it
>not even 5 hours recorded
kek

feel free to point me to another monster collection RPG game I can play that has over 200 well designed monsters.

I don't know, do you like doing nothing but clicking A on shitty trainers and running in circles in tall grass for 20+ hours? There's no difficulty, shitty story, and no exploration so I don't know what the fuck about the game is supposed to be good.

we would get a main series game with as much effort as this if the manchildren didn't bootlick the franchise like the pathetic slaves they are

out of all the games you could have pulled the 'no difficulty' card on, you chose the one game in the series to actually have a (poorly implemented) hard mode.

Attached: 1492637617060.jpg (259x293, 52.97K)

I understand the incentive to use the Pokemon, but you'd fight most of the Pokemon in previous games too through trainer battles anyway. Also, the purpose of research points is kind of arbitrary in this game. I think the research idea is good, but it I could use more methods to gather research points as well as more interesting rewards which affect gameplay without gating progress.

No point as you will immediately discredit them because they aren't "good" to you. You faggots are all the same.

Switch doesn't have enough memory.

It's interesting. It's really satisfying to have catching, battling and raising Pokémon be this streamlined. The issue is the world itself isn't that interesting to explore, not because of technical limitations. The game could look amazing, the problem is it feels like each area only has ten copypasted environment assets spread across a wide area. There's no caves, trainers, gym battles, or anything to do other than what goes on with the wild Pokémon. The mainline games still feel like more "complete" games than this, but saying that it's going to be difficult to go back after PLA. Bad graphics aside, PLA is what "modern" Pokémon ought to be like, and I hope this kind of gameplay is brought into the mainline games. 7/10.

The hard mode is not actually hard. PLA is harder.

Average. It looks and play like a Unity indie game

It sucks
I never played the game BTW

the hard mode makes the game easier. You would know this if you actually played it, but Unovafags don't actually play their own games so that's to be expected.

All it has really done is streamline the game by making encounters avoidable, catching quicker by being able to do without starting a fight (also the balls only shake once so you don’t have to wait 20 seconds every time you attempt it), removed abilities so every second fight isn’t bogged down by some annoying text you only needed to see once (“speed boost increased Yanma’s speed!”), severely reduced trainer battles so no obnoxious pre and post battle dialogue (“I like shorts!”). The open world is kinda superfluous - people can say “you can explore and see so much!” but all you’ll find is new mons (not necessarily a bad thing), a ghost orb (generic open world game collectible) or minerals (not interesting at all).
All in all the game is basically something we should have got on like Wii, but in comparison to the mainline games, its godsend

It's an interesting deviation from the norm and it's pretty fun for a while, but it constantly feels like something is missing. It's like the battling is an afterthought in this game, and catching the same Pokémon over and over grows boring quickly. Like you're not encouraged to "build a team" this time, but to fill out the Pokédex which involves catching and raising multiple of the same species, and even if you do decide to stick with one team, the Pokémon you stick with still feel more soulless than ever before since literally everything you do gives experience and you pretty much never have to use most of your team in battle.

based beyond belief

>no caves
Dude have you even left the second area?

I like it.
Best part is the new combat that isn't just a fade to combat, it happens "real-time", which I enjoy.

It's new age Digimon World but with pokemon instead and turn-based.

Probably the biggest humiliation Any Forums has suffered for some time. After months of schizos shiposting everyday, they got completely BTFO by reality.

85/100

feels like a completionists paradise
also feels like there is little reason to stick with a team when i can just catch a big dick lvl 30 alpha pokemon

>very few trainer battles
that's one of my main complaint.
like i'm building a cool pokémon team but all i do with it is fight wild pokémons, i can't flex on 5 years old kids who want to fight me in every town.

>months of schizos shiposting everyday
user, I think you're obsessing over made up people in your head

In really hope all the guardians can be rematched with better teams, and there’s something resembling an elite four, but probably getting my hopes up

i mean it makes sense in the setting that not everybody has a bunch of pokémons to fight you, but they shoehorned time-travel just so you can have a fucking smartphone, why not make traine battle work in some way?

I'm convinced that people praising this turd either don't play games outside of pokemon and bing bing wahoo or just straight up shitposting.

Both

Some dude in a basement could have made a better pokemon game, Japan is incompetent and behind the west by a decade

im not a fan of pokemon, didnt grew up with it, mostly play jrpg since psone days, will i enjoy Arcreus?

No

definitely not

Best pokemon game since gen4

>but to fill out the Pokédex which involves catching and raising multiple of the same species
Stop getting all your opinions from threads. You only have to ever catch and raise one. Doing more is just extra points, that you could easily get by just catching/evolving one of each mon.

>you pretty much never have to use most of your team in battle.
Apart from to fill out used x moves, used y style or in some cases you move to meet evolution conditions.

Lol no
The only reason people like Arceus is because it's different and a step forward from the same old pokemon formula

its just the lets go pikachu but more flesh-out and will selll millions no matter what Any Forums says

>walk into lounge room
>little sister is playing arceus
>"hey user, look at the pokemon I just caught. Jealous?"
Nah, not really, heh. Having fun?
>"the graphics are TERRIBLE. It looks like a Wii game! It's pretty fun, though"
Really?
>sister shrugs "...kinda"

i'm hard.
how hot is your sister?

Then you woke up in pool of your own piss

>Pokken & New Snap
Two dead games that sold like shit and no one bothers to talk about anymore.

thanks i dont really think its worth my $50, ill just stick to fapping to pokegirls then

Attached: file.png (850x1202, 617.67K)

based

So far I'm having much more fun than I was expecting, but I'm still in early game, so it remains to be seen if this will keep up for the entire runtime. I'm happy they didn't explain too much about the gameplay changes, it's fun to find out about them myself. Being able to swap movesets on the fly is fucking great

XY and SuMo were good too.
They were steps forward (first 3D mainline game and more organic world with no grid, respectively) for the traditional Pokemon formula while PLA is a huge step forward in a different direction.

I like the new waifu.

Attached: Legends_Arceus_Cyllene.png (499x1280, 307.68K)

>I-It doesn't need to have over 300 pokemon!!!
>I-It doesn't need to have proper gameplay!!!!!
balance!!!!
>I-It doesn't need to have minigames!!!!!
>I-It doesn't need to have a real post-game!!!!!
>I-It doesn't need to have gameplay outside of catching pokemon!!!!!
>I-It doesn't need to have lore consistency!!!!!
>I-It doesn't need to have good designs!!!!
>I-It doesn't need to have real fan favorite mons!!!
>I-It doesn't need to have all of those cut moves!!!
>I-It doesn't need to have trainers!!!!
>I-It doesn't need to have an online!!!!!
>I-It doesn't need to have a multi-player experience!!!!!
>I-It doesn't need to have a good story!!!
>I-It doesn't need to have a short tutorial!!!!
>I-It doesn't need to have multiple towns!!!!!
>I-It doesn't need to have points of interest!!!!
>I-It doesn't need to have followmons!!!!
>I-It doesn't need to have seasons!!!!!
>I-It doesn't need to have varied locations!!!!

Attached: 1643475756187.png (303x405, 150.61K)

She's very pretty. Yesterday I was in the kitchen making a cuppa tea when I heard her call out to me with an alarmed tone in her voice
>"user, can you come here?! Quickly!"
>jog into the lounge room "what's wrong? What happened?"
>sister is lying on the couch making a pained face with her arm outstretched towards the tv
>"can you get my switch for meeeeee?"
She's very cute. Anyway, pokemon sucks chodes. Is kirby going to be any good?

where is her eyebrow??

you ever got any sexual or ecchi interaction with her??

We're white, so no

you can tell they borrowed code from BOTW

>The world is so boring and generic.
Literally how
World fun to explore and find new zones

Bro you gotta understand. They're a small indie company of 10 people they can't do that.

best pokemon game released in over a decade. very comfy. I wish it had more trainer battles but they dont really fit lore wise so I can understand why there isn't many. They finally made good animations for all of the mon. The sidequests are quite good too i think thats a massive thing pokemon has been missing it was probably the only rpg without side quests. The wild catching is nice i like sneaking around and luring pokemon with berries then catching them. I hope they bring a bunch of the new mechancis over to the next gen.
just pirate it retard

Attached: swinub scent.webm (492x386, 1.55M)

Fun enough, and actually tries to do something different with pokemon for once. But dear God, I cannot overstate how butt fucking ugly this game is. It would maybe be excusable if it ran at 60 FPS, but it struggles to maintain 20 and there's constant pop-in, terrible LOD scaling, disgusting textures--literally every aspect of the game looks terrible.

It's meh, SwSh was better. But I'm still waiting for them to include all pokemon. The current de facto pokemon game that has the most pokemon in it is USUM right now. Funny how they can fit all those in a 3ds game but can't in a switch game. Also the game should've had outlines like the 3ds games, it would've looked a bit better.

to me it feels mind blowing how much better the game is than previous games. if you genuinely like sword and shield you have officially the worst taste imaginable, like it's almost a sin to like that game. it's like being a genuine fan of the matrix sequels.

>SwSh was better
Lol, lmao even.

>you have officially the worst taste imaginable,
No, that's people who defend gen5

It's mediocre, yet somehow it's better than Sw/Sh.

I've been watching a few people play it since I usually wait for 3rd party pokegen support in order to put what mons I want in the game and it's just looking more and more like a game I wouldn't be interested in playing. Maybe if it were better polished but to me it's just a BotW reskinned with pokemon.

>Gen 5 is le bad
Based BW making people seethe for almost 12 years now.

Its pretty fun. My only complaint is that the dialogs can't be fast-forwarded through. The story is lame and I just want to play the actual game, which is great.

people would still be complaining about graphics even if it looked like this. Look at those ground textures.

Same energy

Attached: 1643428313796.webm (238x310, 1.13M)

I like it. Playing on YuZu tho as i don't own switch, graphics are REALLY bad but still, im having loads of fun

>ugly ass graphics (which should be the main focus in an open world game)
>grating lack of voice acting in a story focused game with lots of pointless cutscenes
>the story is awful as always
>shitty forgettable soundtrack
>tons of worthless fetch quests
>missing staple mechanics for no real reason (abilities, held items) which hurt the otherwise decent battle system
Anything higher than an 6/10 would be generous. I had more fun exploring maps in Monster Hunter Rise which is not even open world exploration game.

It’s still miles ahead of anything GameFreak ever put out
Pokefags would 100% lap that shit up

This is the opinion of someone that started playing with Yellow and stopped at XY.
Just unlocked Basculegion after 14 hours.
It's a fun game, but it has too many tutorials. The plot the game being filling the first pokedex it nice, but after a few hours you miss the lack of trainer battles, gyms and traveling from city to city.
Technically is vomit inducing, it has to be the worst looking AAA game in 20 years. The worst thing is not having a decent artstyle to cover it like Okami did for example. Okami had really poor models and was really simple looking, but the amazing artstyle completely made the game.
Also the music is fucking horrid. One of the redeeming things about Pokemon usually is the music and the pokegirls design, lets be honest, but this time they dropped the ball really hard trying to be BoTW with "subtle" ambient music.
Basically, the core of the game is good, but lacks too much stuff that made previous games actual Pokemon games, and the overall presentation really hinders the experience.
I hope the next game expands the formula and mixes it with classic Pokemon, but GF really should get extra help from other Nintendo studios (like Monolith helped with BoTW) since they are a bunch of incompetent retards.

Attached: PLA.jpg (1280x720, 238.31K)

Thought it was a good start.

why is rapidash fucking huge?

>not split into 2 versions to scam retards out of money
>Japan hates it
It’s gonna sell like shit so youre never getting a follow up

Alpha variants are bigger.

too much dialogue

so far I've found it fun but it's very frustrating seeing how one step forward two steps back gamefreak always is
Abilities are gone completely in it, which makes the pokemon back to their gen 1/2 level of complexity as units, they're just movelists and stat numbers again.

>GF really should get extra help from other Nintendo studios
Hopefully in gen 9, since they're in the new Nintendo building with HAL and other Nintendo studios (EPD Tokyo, PTD Tokyo, 1-Up Studio), but since this is Pokémon and GF we're talking about there shouldn't be any expectations at all

Can I make Dawn goth in this game?

This is my only compliant so far

It’s… amazing. GF really outdid themselves this time. Seriously go buy this game

>242 Pokemon
No national dex no buy

National index is gone. Why would you want it? New game, new Pokémon

Too repetitive
No replay value
5/10
I lasted 2 1/2 hours