Just started this game, any tips?

just started this game, any tips?

Attached: Arcanum_cover_copy.jpg (248x300, 41.3K)

Everytime you open the game, make sure to press Alt+F4.

Don't do a guns build, whatever you go for just trust in melee
For reference guns in-universe are as powerful as IRL (this is literally referenced in historical events through the game) but a regular revolver does... 2-9 damage. And the average human enemy has multiple dozens of hitpoints, at low level. Guns are only decent late game
Also cool it with the antignomitism.

make sure you install the community patch, and the high res mod.

>just started this game, any tips?
Craft grenades.

Yes. Don't trust the gnomes.

Guns are shit and magic is rigged so on a first playthrough probably do magic

when you get to tarant you can go in the sewers and farm some xp if you want that
if you want to use magic, learn spells early to increase your magical aptitude because that increases your magic damage

The best automaton is totally useless compared to the best magic summon. But having ten automatons following you around was amazingly badass

Gnomes are jews, don't trust them.

Honestly, 1 time I took GUNS and LIGHTNING and put them together to make A FUCKING TESLA COIL GUN and I highly suggest it.

it helps that the only thing limiting how many automatons you have is your funding
they last infinitely and consume no resources other than what's needed to create them

it doesn't matter how little you trust them, you can't do anything about it

as people are saying

based retard mode: full melee chad, the game is borderline impossible in real time except melee which allows you to literally just click on anything and delete it automatically, assuming you pick some background that gives you a ton of strength

cheat mode: magic, specialize in harm and you are almost as powerful (actually more powerful) than melee but can't real time because too much precise timing involved, need turn based

dante must die mode: guns, literally like picking throw in fallout 1 as your main combat skill, this is basically a trap build unless you know the game like the back of your hand

archer is okay but kinda mid tier if you don't know what you're doing, as for tech or magic in general magic is overall more immediately powerful but tech has some broken stuff too like grenades as people are saying

Go full magic if you want an easy first playthrough.

also throwing is ironically a good build in this game because the primary throwing weapons are all stuff like boomerangs and circular blade thingies that return to your hand so no resources required, but the trainers for it are obscure so again you kinda need to know the game well or look up what the hell to do

>can't do anything about it
>except make the half-orcs to try and unionize
>except start-up a bloody riot in tarant
>except kill every gnome you see, then bring their soul back for eternal suffering
Gnomish hands wrote this post

SEQUEL NEVER EVER
THANKS DADDY MICROSOFT

yes, you can't do anything about the gnomes
killing npcs isn't good advice for a first playthrough
unions are gnomish plots

>killing gnomes isn't a good idea for a first run
>unions are le bad
Post height

>gnomes are so powerful they basically run the Industrial Council and support legalized slavery
>somehow the workers unionizing and sticking it to them is a gnomish plot

Attached: enclaveguy.png (400x266, 146.76K)

I mean, what else are you supposed to do about arguably the strongest and most influential race in Arcanum?
What you try to do to them they can do 10x better to you back

evil gnomes bragging about their slavery agenda ITT

Kill every gnome you meet even if they're an important story NPC.

My last playthrough I made my character scoundrel with pistol (Persuation, Steal, Gambling, Pick lock, Pick Pocket and Firearms). It was fun.
Tho I agree, I played this game before, so I knew most of the mechanics. Also I played with Firearms mod and follower mod.
Also used this portrait.

Attached: 3072699-shdd_fight.jpg (1920x1080, 1.08M)

>Also I played with Firearms mod and follower mod.
What are those? I'd love to just have a mod that changes firearm damage so I can go for a real full tech run without being gimped

Kill every living organism in the world so that you can stop gnomes and gnomish activities of gnomish origin?

It rebalances firearms so they won't suck, without overpowering them (Harm spell still most OP).
And companion mod allows you to level up your followers by yourself. Which I liked the most.

DO NOT TRUST THE GNOMES
IF YOU SEE A GNOME, KNOW THAT IT MEANS TO KILL YOU
THIS IS TRUE OF ALL OF THEM
ALL
OF
THEM

Why do people bitch about firearms so much? First automatic weapon is pretty good in real time mode and then you get Elephant gun that is very nice. Additionally, you can craft a truckload of grenades that make most fights trivial.

UH, ALL THE GNOMES OR GNIGGERS AS I LIKE TO CALL THEM, GET OFF THIS INDUSTRIAL COUNCIL BECAUSE IT'S FOR HUMANS ONLY, UNDERSTAND? CAUSE IF YOU DON'T I WILL MAKE HALF OGRES EXTINCT AGAIN!!!

Because it it weakest of combat skills and ammo cost money. So if you are not combining thief skill, than you will suffer.

this user knows

You can grab ammo components out of garbage bins and buy some in tech shops then craft more ammo than you will ever need.

Ok but where do I find them?
I assume the follower mod is from FilthyJack, is the firearm mod "Otto Krupp's"?

Enemies have way much HP, compare to damage you make with firearms. Making bullets yourself surely will help you a bit, but it is nowhere close of how much you will need to have them.
Trust me, I played where my MC used firearms and I know what I am saying.

Doesn't the recipe need to be bought and have a INT requirement though? I remember finding it at the gun shoppe in Tarant but I couldn't use it.

I did a grenade build and as powerful as it was I did eventually tire of the repeat garbage bin and shop visits. That was my only complaint. Not enough to stop me from playing mind you.

True, but I like my games being challenging. With dog from Ashbery and elephant gun I never ran into troubles anyway.

Yeah you need recipe.

one of the best crpg's if you dont let it filter you through all the bugs. use the community patch

Don't remember the names but I got them in terra-arcanum site.

You can beat the vast majority of the game, minus some end of the game end game content with throwing and stun grenades.

There's a lot to unpack, it's actually difficult to get the game without the fan fix patch now, most downloads come with it. So barring that just do w/e you want. If you find real time combat annoying you can switch to turn based which is honestly way better.

Get either the dog or spare weapons before you head to the black mountain, as there's rock golem enemies that are annoying as fudge, who can also almost 1 shot most appropriately leveled characters. (But that's a spell that they don't spam)

Harm + Summon Ogres are the only spells you need. Hasten is godlike too. Spellcasters are the best first character build as they have low item and skillpoint requirements.
Get the fan patch.
The first time you enter Ashbury, you're on a time limit. There is a dog companion you have to save before a gnome kills it. It's a strong companion, but it's also a cute dog!
Your Charisma determines the number of followers you can have. 1-7 CH = 1 follower 8-11 CH = 2 followers
12-15 CH = 3 followers 16-19 CH = 4 followers 20 CH = 5 followers. Useful to know if you want to bring friends.

If you want to be a melee guy maxing dex doubles your action points, so does hasten. maxing str also doubles it's effect. max dex+str, hasten, dodge, and melee lets you basically play the game in real time with nothing to worry about.

The key to enjoying Arcanum is to simply enjoy it for what it is and not rush yourself through it. It's best point is the atmosphere, allow yourself to be immersed and you'll have a good time.
Have fun.

be wary of "them".
yuh this fr fr no cap

Don't get raped. No, seriously, I've heard that it's possible, but the few times I've played I've never seen a hint of it, so If it can happen it's got very specific prerequisites. I've also never successfully romanced the Elf either.

Attached: 1575263725769.jpg (1280x752, 267.18K)

>Don't get raped
Worst advice ITT

Go to Madam Lil's in Tarant and request something exotic and you can fuck a sheep

Was going to play this game soonish, can you play the entire game in turn-based, and is the turn-based mode like OG Fallouts?

Yes.

Nice

Attached: .jpg (2500x1723, 419.36K)

fpbp. Arcanum is overrated shit.

The Black Mountain Mines is absolute cancer.

fuck off with your monkey paw. we see how great it turned out for fallout or baldurs gate.