Who exactly is this FOR?

Who exactly is this FOR?

Attached: 1643513009181.jpg (1703x711, 70.27K)

For me :)

people with big pepis

For people that want to play their Steam library in bed and while watching YouTube.

Steamies who wanna burn even more money to play their unoptimized console ports

Muh dick balls gland part of brain that needs it

People who travel a lot? I don't really get it myself, I have emulators on my phone if I need to game away from home

People who want to play their steam games portably but have never heard of a laptop before

Idiots. Enjoy having most games work like shit or not work at all because Valve didn't want to fucking pay for a Windows license so they went with a shit hack of Windows (Wine/proton) inside a fucking dying OS (Linux) that has gone from decent to a complete garbage dump over the last 5+ years.

Zoomers raised on tablets literally can't use a keyboard, I've seen them try. You thought that newer generations were going to be at least as tech savvy as you were, but it's going in the opposite direction, it's like watching a grandma try to browse the web back in 1999.

Me

Attached: 1643119043518.jpg (1564x1147, 223.84K)

retards with money

For mass and the consolefags, who are tooo retarded to use PC.

What does the Steam button doo?

Lol this is so sad.

Me

How do you even press " 1 "?

You can map whatever keys you want to whatever inputs you want with magic nerds call software

SO you're saying I could map..a portion of..that trackpad, so that when I mash the top of it, it acts as a "1" key?

That may be the saddest way to VTM:B I have ever heard?

Basically its a smaller dedicated gaming laptop. People can use it like a switch and bring their games on the go with the comfort of a controller and with much less bulk than a laptop. Of course, there will be many games that wont work well without a keyboard, but on the flipside since it is much more closely related to a computer than a traditional gaming system, it's operating system can be switched out to windows. This not only brings a much larger library of content to bare, but also enables it to be a mobile xbox xcloud. AKA if you install windows on it, it could be the optimal device to stream Halo.

people want acess to the best game store and platform portabley

You sound like a salesman. This thing is running Linux, so stop acting like it's all just gonna work out of the box. Even games you wouldn't even CONSIDER having problems don't work properly at all, case in point:

VTM:Bloodlines barely works on Linux. Enjoy your memory leaks, crashes and corrupted saves.

Paper release paper console

Gateway drug for console tards to join the master race.

i dont see the appeal of playing AAA PC games on a handheld. rather just play bloons td6 on my phone.

proton definitely has problems, and when a game doesn't work it's an absolute pain in the ass to troubleshoot but it's come a long way and tons of games literally do "just werk" OOTB. I just wanna play FFXIV on it.

When a console game crashes, it's a big deal and a notable event that the world goes crazy over if it's not optimised properly. On Linux, it's Tuesday.

consolebabs have NO idea what they're getting into, but I will enjoy the salt, and the half price deck on ebay.

I agree literally anyone that hasn't used linux before, including windowsbabs are going to be disappointed with proton but
>and the half price deck on ebay.
you are fucking delusional lmao

I have steam on my main PC, and I know for a fact that steam doesn't cope well with being on more than one machine. I have no interest in fumbling around on my phone for steam activation codes every fucking time I want to switch between my PC and a deck.

>consolebabs
There are no consolebabs getting the deck. The only ones who got preorders are PCfags who use steam at least semi-regularly to begin with.

Nah. Once little Jimmy realises he can't play RDR2 on ultra, and that can't play half his games without researching how (which he isn't going to do), they'll show up cheap on ebay. hell, I could probably get one "for parts" and fix it, when some dummy tries putting a non-standard nvme in it.

little jimmy isn't buying it, the only ones who got preorders were already not consolefags to begin with and had actively used steam in the past because it was a requirement in order to even be able to preorder

>little jimmy isn't buying it, the only ones who got preorders were already not consolefags to begin with
Little Jimmy spends all day on steam playing the same shitty online game all day. Of COURSE he preordered one as soon as he could with daddy's card. One of them main promo shots for this thing is a kid playing it in the back of mommy's car.

Not me

Attached: product_ID_2232102_showcase.jpg (1512x2016, 337.88K)

Attached: 1625083465524.jpg (396x382, 37.07K)

Portable Kingdom Heart 2. That is all I wanted for the last 15 years or so. Nintendo could have had it, but Square is retarded and think a cloud version is acceptable.

Attached: Steam-Deck-Valve.jpg (1012x616, 67.46K)

what the fuck are you talking about

>Portable Kingdom Heart 2. That is all I wanted for the last 15 years or so.
Do you know what AetherSX2 is? Your phone can probably do this now

Not using windows is the best part about it though. Who the fuck likes windows.

Attached: 61.jpg (1310x833, 37.88K)

You map it however you like.
> That may be the saddest way to VTM:B I have ever heard?
What do you mean heard, you retard. You just came up with this yourself and now you call it “the saddest way”. Why do you insult yourself?

>You map it however you like.
Aside from the "controller" parts, how many inputs will you even HAVE on the steam deck? Looks like 2 trackpads, and maybe 2/4 buttons on the back?

>VTMB in bed while it's pouring rain outside at night
Actually sounds kinda nice

Attached: 1642402752539.jpg (900x1165, 83.92K)

Questions for deckchads

>Why is 16:10 better than 16:9?
>Are these measurements accurate or bs?

Seems like based on footage we've seen the oled should have a screen that's a fair bigger so.. is this actually right?

Attached: deckvsoledscreensize.png (1955x918, 632.71K)

1. Unless you have a Fold 3 you lose screen real estate
2. Playing shit on a phone with chink controllers is soulless as fuck desu.

4 back buttons and touchpads. It is already more than what any controller has. And with steam you can map much more actions with chording. For example I hate weapon wheels and put my guns on R2+x/y/a/b/same buttons but with double tap.

>4 back buttons and touchpads. It is already more than what any controller has
why the HELL would I want this? Reminds me of those Mad Katz abortion third party pads with inputs EVERYWHERE. ugh

>all I wanted for 15 years was to play KH2 portably
>but I also want all this other stuff too, and it has to be made in a country I like

Imagine making a SINGLE PICTURE and still not even being able to keep to the lore..

>why the HELL would I want this?
Because modern gamepads severely lack buttons? Most modern games suffer from having a ton on actions on uncomfortable combinations. Like dark souls kicks and jumps. Or like having lie down and sit on the same button, but with long press. Also back buttons are great because you can do things without moving your finger from camera. Face buttons shouldn't be used for any common actions.

.Because modern gamepads severely lack buttons?
just because they don't have them doesn't mean they lack them. They don't have too many or too few. They have precisely as many as they need.

If they have enough then explain to me kicks and jumps in dark souls. Explain terrible wheel weapon and item menus with slow mo. Explain the fucking claw grip. Explain why a game with gun swapping as a core mechanic doesn't have dedicated buttons for every gun (doom eternal).

>explain to me...
they're attempts to make certain actions with a pad "contextual". Weapon wheels were successful, and pretty common now. And they work pretty well, I am not sure what the problem is. I won't explain dark souls because it's jank. They could have every input in the world and still fuck it up.
>Explain why a game with gun swapping as a core mechanic doesn't have dedicated buttons for every gun (doom eternal).
They used to just let you carry whatever the fuck you wanted, too. now they limit weapons, though I am not sure if doom eternal does, because I don't play shit.

>modded vtmb on the go

Don't threaten me with a good time

Was looking for you here, glad i found ya

>that'll be 649.00 plus tip
"no"

You found us all.

Attached: formeits.jpg (1742x661, 139.72K)

Using analog sticks for aiming is successful too, doesn't mean it is not a shitty design. Have you played pray 2017 on a gamepad? You have to pause every second to use any item or ability, or switch weapon.
>And they work pretty well, I am not sure what the problem is
Because you real time game becomes turn based simply because controllers don't have enough buttons. Games like pray or doom eternal are 10 times better on m&kb for that reason.
>I won't explain dark souls because it's jank. They could have every input in the world and still fuck it up.
No, souls controls are generally pretty good, there is a reason why so many games copied it. Elden ring, too, suffers for lack of buttons on gamepads, Y button has like 5 actions on it now.
>They used to just let you carry whatever the fuck you wanted, too. now they limit weapons
I wonder why...
>I am not sure if doom eternal does, because I don't play shit.
It does because it is a good game. But again, unplayable on gamepads cause they don't have buttons.

>But again, unplayable on gamepads cause they don't have buttons
pretty sure that doom eternal is available on PS and xbox?

It would be good for traveling, but I don't really see the need for one when you can have a PC or a console at home.

It is available, but it is like 5 times harder and plays way slower. A rare shooter that was designed for pc first plays terrible on controllers.

i travel a little bit for work and i won't be taking it on any of my trips. i have a PC and older consoles

It's called "consume product, then get excited for next product". Nobody really needs this, but they're told they want it.

Well, I don't.

user, it's worse than that. We're dealing with linux troons. They literally see "Lord Gaben" as a messiah, and they are buying one of these to literally fund the steam monopoly.

??????

>play in public transport after a graveyard shift
>see Jeanette
>get boner
>goth girl sees it and invites you to her place
>sucks you dry

Pixel density matters

>Why is 16:10 better than 16:9?
Because it's a superior ratio for screen real estate, especially on the desktop when you drop into regular Linux
>Are these measurements accurate or bs?
I don't see any measurements, if you mean the aspect ratio bars on there, not really 16:9 is a bit shorter than it shown, niptrash with locked aspect ratios have worse letterboxing than that on a 16:10 display

You think you’re so smart but you probably work some shitty job at target

What a witty and original take!

>that fat fuck at valve developed what?!?

Attached: BDA898C9-D140-4A81-AC8F-FEB30C9D0419.jpg (573x849, 390.6K)

Are you actually retarded? user literally explained to you why the back buttons are great in the post you replied to and now you’re acting like they’re useless

Leave your basement holy shit

retards with money
here's one of them

It doesn't have to be witty or original if it's true.

the 720p crowd, I'm on a 5 year old GTX1050 and I thought about getting it, not convinced yet.
Maybe if it can run Cyberpunk

The teal part is the Switch oled screen, supposedly.

O O P S
>doesn't play fullscreen
>sometimes crashes when you save
>breaks on the home menu
>memory leaks
>it worked for 5 hours once I worked at it in the command line!

.P L A T I N U M

Attached: 2022-01-30 09.51.21 www.protondb.com 349418d04203.png (1083x953, 477.45K)

The most technical program zooms know how to use it powerpoint and google docs

This. Loonies are acting like this is some massive push for greater freedom, all while eating up DRM and invasive anti-cheat shit

Why are you making shit up user? Those are tinker reports and it's okay to need a CS phd to get those running. If you want to rant just post some games that just don't work at all.

Attached: marvin mittens.png (1365x300, 390.28K)

>Why are you making shit up user?
Yeah, you got me. All those reports are mine. I made them months ago just for this moment. Curses.

On the hardware side it defensively is a push to greater freedom when all other hardware comes with locked bootloaders by default these days, no drivers unless you use whatever was preinstalled and a bunch of other anti-consoomer crap. If you hate valve so much just think of the steam dick of shipping without any OS at all.

Attached: 1639262289907.png (265x314, 52.04K)

>On the hardware side it defensively is a push to greater freedom when all other hardware comes with locked bootloaders by default these days
the filesystem on the deck is immutable by default, user.

The only handheld I ever owned and will ever own is a Game Boy
But why are tendies so mad that Steam is getting a handheld with a giant library?

That doesn't mean that you can wipe the entire disk, repartition it and install TempleOS on it.

PC fats jealous of the Switch, basically.

Is there any windows PC you can't do that on? Or android phone? Why is this special all of a sudden?

This. I never saw any GPD or Aya Neo or OneXplayer threads where they gloated about playing breath of the wild

Nobody's visiting your cunting channel, retard.

I have switch, it is just collecting dust since I don't want to buy games a second time and most of them don't have crossplay. Won't be a problem with steam deck.

With windows PCs you often run into the problem of non existing drivers, especially with laptops. For android you first have to unlock the bootloader to wipe the phone, which often depends on the vendor to be so kind to send you the needed key. Also with phones often the camera doesn't work very well with custom roms and shit because again drivers.

>With windows PCs you often run into the problem of non existing drivers, especially with laptops
gonna be the same for the deck, actually. The screen drivers don't exist on windows so the screen defaults to portrait. And hardware mouse drivers are missing.

Attached: 74q8uh76waa81.png (564x390, 82.47K)

The faggot writes himself that all those things are easily fixable, except maybe for the sleep mode because bingdows.

Attached: 268-2681133_linux-logo-png-linux-vs-windows-gif-clipart.jpg (840x1017, 259.82K)

You Loonie Troons can't be reasoned with at all, can you?

What the fuck was her problem? Twitter didn't exist yet.

Attached: 1555008023386.png (1152x648, 1.27M)

for m-
wait shit

Attached: 1643540038543.png (582x134, 24.02K)

>What the fuck was her problem?
like all communists, she had big, unflinching ideas about how society ought to be run, but her methods and her outlook and her capability was was so small that it made her laughably naive in comparison to other characters.

Is there a parallel to Anarchs vs Camarilla? I mean if we're going to argue politics on Any Forums it may as well be vidya related. Which system is better?

Anarchs aren't really a system so much as the absence of one. Which is weird, because they have princes and do control places as Anarch Free States, so they're basically crazed laissez faire liberals who treat places as autonomous zones.

Probably the Camarilla are better than that, being as they have some semblance of higher order to them. Not sure about the Sabbat, but I think they end up being the "evil" camarilla, just run by different secret societies. Giovanni and Lasombra instead of Ventrue and Tremere.

basically, anyone in this world is better off ignoring literally everyone if they can help it because all the vampires are pricks.

>Any Forums
I mean...uh.....
Sony are Anarchs, Nintendo are Camarilla, Sabbat is xbox and PC master race are mages

jeannette on the go!

Me. its made for me. Give it to me.

if 100% Orange Juice was on Switch I wouldn't have to buy a steamdeck