Monster Hunter Rise

Our guy

Attached: FAiVegdVgA4j3Kl.jpg (915x514, 111.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eVTXPUF4Oz4
nexusmods.com/monsterhunterrise/mods/141
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Valstrax is shit

Yeah, alright. I like fighting him but I hate his design.

valstrax is still reasonably fun, but like many people have pointed out in these threads the ridiculous and intense tracking on his repeated moves gets incredibly grating after a while. the gutting of base evasion makes him feel just worse than his GU version because at least then you could last-ditch roll most of his sweeping moves. in this game you just have to go away with evade extender or counter them. add to that the combo knockdowns and he gets annoying.

He would be more /our/ guy if he would implement the Gun Sword from Lost Planet 2 as a new weapon class

I admire the autistic dedication but you have to stop
It's never going to happen

is there any reason to use the GS switch skill that changes your tackle into the sword guard?

never stop, LP2poster

Can you play monster hunter solo? Is it still a good game?

Yes and yes. Some prefer to hunt solo.

G rank valstrax is not a good fight because the double spin is wack

I don't own Rise. Did Capcom ruin him? All his hitboxes and animations were god tier in GU and it was easily the best fight in the entire game.

He's still good. No id a what these idiots are talking about. Even gets a mega laser.

Fpwp

he's still fun and true to his original design (hell most of his moves are the same with small updates) but there are a couple issues with the design. his crazy aggression is tempered by the fact that he just sits there and rests between almost every single move, so it gets boring to go your turn, my turn, your turn, my turn over and over.
I remember G rank valstrax being more fun than the HR version. to me the HR version felt faster while G rank had more gaps inbetween moves you could take advantage of.

bump

G rank would be fun but like I said the double spin is wack in the worst possible way, if you adept dodge the first one you are like one fucking frame from being able to dodge the second but nope it clips you

I remember abusing valor GS for g rank valstrax so that probably colors my opinion quite a bit. it is very stressful to fight either version of him with guild/striker.

>Hopes
More monster variety, it's strong in Rise and I hope that continues with Sunbreak. If end game ends up being "hunt elders lmao" again, I'll be sad.
Apex armours and weapons.
New interesting switch skills.
Malzeno spooky effect isn't just Gore's again.
Wyvern riding is reworked, and Rajang stops being a lazy asshole and actually invades.
Actually just fix some of the dumbass UI. I hate when a monster drops all it's focus on the hunters, just to attack some random monster on the other side of the area.
Agnaktor.
Monsters learn to eat your bugs, potentially leaving you with one bug until you pick up another.
Nerf impact crater MVs, buff the rest of hammers MVs
>Fears
New shitty mechanic.
Wyvern riding becomes even shittier.
Hunter upgrade let's you hold 4 wire bugs and 3 permanently.
Malzeno spooky effect is just Gore's again.

Attached: Konchu.gif (320x180, 165.31K)

>UI
Meant AI, I should sleep.

Omega filtered
>his turn my turn
that's the entire point of the game? i mean sure he has long openings but it's only high rank valstrax and having openings on a monster is a good thing. otherwise you end up with iceborne rajang where it becomes get in micro hits until he dies unless if you're playing longsword in which case foresight slash him to death
>Malzeno spooky effect isn't just Gore's again.
I actually hope it is similar to gore's frenzy. Otherwise it'll probably be pointless.

>Omega filtered

Attached: 1640891077202.png (586x607, 79.09K)

>>Omega filtered

Attached: soy-soyjak.gif (498x498, 1.72M)

>yfw Valstrax pulls a Voltekka

Attached: 1b8.gif (297x200, 476.62K)

Alright anons, post those kill screens. I know you all have a few gems in your screenshot folder, right?

Attached: 20220129200825_1.jpg (1920x1080, 610.03K)

I just think his wings are too big for his body and it looks dumb.

seriously do you do anything other than wait for MH threads

>just defeated Narwa for the 1st time
>now I need to reach HR 20 to continue the story and unlock more quests
now that I've reach this point in the game, I have one single question
where the fuck is the farm? did they remove it?

I hope he unfucks Itchy Nose's numerous retarded design choices when Sunbreak comes out.

don't you guys have submarines?

Attached: Do_you_guys_not_have_phones__-_BlizzCon_2018_Diablo_Immortal_reveal_0-21_screenshot.jpg (1920x1080, 132.73K)

Just explore the village you doofus. Impossible to miss the game's equivalent

Am I crazy, or is CB's shield bonus to guard fucking nothing now? Do I need to slot in guard 3?

>that's the entire point of the game?
the entire reason monster hunter distinguishes itself from other action games is because it BREAKS from this convention. good positioning means you can take advantage of enemy animations to queue up attacks and avoid things without actively dodging. magnamalo is an excellent example of this, there are very few of his attacks that require you to actually roll away and you can prepare for many of his animations by simply walking in the correct direction or standing and charging your next attack where he'll end up. that's not to say ALL attacks have to be like this, it's just that valstrax's insane tracking on the vast majority of his attacks means the fight is far more structured than any of the others in the game and less satisfying as a result.

Attached: yomogi_chibi_plush_1_.jpg (1000x1000, 83.4K)

most of them probably won't be unfucked
but temporal mantle and rocksteady mantle were nerfed in iceborne after being complained about endlessly
so i think that wirefalling will probably get nerfed in some way as well
it still exists, but yes I use guard 3 as well
don't run guard on savage axe, it's a waste of time use evade extender instead and the silkbind counter
>it's just that valstrax's insane tracking on the vast majority of his attacks means the fight is far more structured than any of the others in the game and less satisfying as a result
nigger it's not even as bad as apex arzuros's tracking... i think you're literally over exaggerating
I just fought rustrazor and his big piss cannon has more tracking than valstrax. it doesn't break the design convention at all

its jank as fuck to use nd takes way longer, but has a niche with the added offensive benefit. I'd say Rage Slash is p much required with how it fucks with your positioning

last part meant for

are you fucking serious? they put the farm with the argosy now? I always avoided it in the other games, I never thought they would put the most important feature next to the shittiest one

phew, did a whole lot of complaining but i did it

Attached: Screenshot 2022-01-29 203221.png (1433x877, 910.99K)

but the trips...

>rise logo plastered on
its shit

What are the best Palico setups? The last time I had to actually build a palico was FU.

I wrote a comprehensive list of problems with all of the blademaster weapons (atleast the ones that needed buffs, I didn't mention longsword since if they nerf it we might never hear the end of it)
hope they actually take the advice and not just throw it in the trash

>FU
yeah sure worldsperm

snitch is complex to program prease understandaru

Gathering
Knockout King and Status Attack Up perks
Healing Bubble, War Drum, Shock Trap/Tripper

What did you write in for SnS and Lance?

>he never had to look up which monsters to fight so his strike palico would learn Para Attack and Status attack up
>He never forgot to change palicos and accidentally went into an elder dragon fight with his trap palico
Sorry zoomer but I've actually gotten through most of FU. Only thing I haven't beaten is online mode.

i have way more hours in FU than you do.

it really is kind of subjective. I still like the valstrax fight, I've fought him dozens of times in rise despite my problems because he's still a lot of fun. I just think it's odd how so many returning fights ended up being great without similar issues.
also rustrazor you can literally just walk underneath his legs during piss cannons and be completely fine. all it does is punish people far away like boltreaver's lightsaber and rajang's thunderbeam in rise. that kind of move is a totally different niche

gathering palico is usually the best
power drum or summeown endemic life for the 3rd slot, shock trap or shock tripper for the 4th slot depending on the fight and weapon. your second slot doesn't matter much. your first 1st and 5th slots are always the same and based on what palico you use.
I don't think I wrote anything for sns as I actually like it in rise, but for lance I mentioned that spiral thrust was extremely spammable and that anchor rage was underappreciated because of the fact that if you run guard with it you deal less damage and that this effect should be removed to make it more viable with guard lancing. also i mentioned how insta block doesn't feel rewarding enough for how tight it's timing is and that either they should buff the damage on the double swipe or just outright buff the timing so that it's easier to time as I want to move use the move but it feels way worse to use than just guard lancing. it's a shame too because i actually like adept style.
i don't think we're talking about the same move but ok. usually when he does it i'm way too far away to get under him and he does a 180 degree turn.
and i think new valstrax is honestly better than high rank valstrax in GU. his high rank version is way too easy in that game.

as I want to use the move more but it feel worse than guard lancing*

they need to fix a lot of weapon stuff.
Some weapons like IG and SnS got fucked with one of their wirebug arts being basically worthless. They should add switch skills that help recapture playstyles people liked, like a new GS TCS replacement, like make it so you just get a really strong draw attack but no TCS or something, let bow get its Brave arc shots, let DB do the Frontier quick sharpen, let Lance do the Brave shield smash, etc etc. Add in some universal wirebug moves any weapon can slot in. Readd more of the GU shot types, like Heavy for bow. Fucking just bring back the GU Kinsect system ffs already, and dont tie the level to the goddamn weapon, and while we're add it make GL shot types work like that too. Just fucking make bows all one shot type per individual bow. Fix all the niche offensive skills like the draw skills (seriously if Crit Draw had the affinity reverted to World amounts, and Punish Draw wasn't RNG and gave damage increases better than AB and Resus they wouldnt suck), make level 4 decos just for elder dragon skills not the dumb two point bullshit.

no user you dont understand, none of what you say matters because no one actually plays monster hunter Riseā„¢ with anything but LS

I fully believe you have more hours in FU than you have brain cells.

>If end game ends up being "hunt elders lmao" again
The last game that wasn't true was fucking FU. Every MH has this problem, and to a lesser extent, the problem of Rath's also being so prevalent in the games as well. No, I don't want to fight 3 fucking Rath's and 3 fucking Ian's every fucking game, in every goddamn rank. They're boring as shit. No, I don't want to farm fucking elder's non-stop because their parts are used in making every single fucking thing.

Spread the good shit around ALL of the monsters. Good gems, charms, weapons, etc, should be made from ALL monster types, not just fucking ED's and endless fucking Rath/Ian bullshit.

And buff the shit out of armor sets. I remember in FU where you could use a TON of different sets because they all came with good skills AND tons of slots, so variety was through the roof. But now they've made basically any useful fucking skill 2 slots and honestly, they need to just...Stop adding all of these useless shit skills that NO ONE EVER TAKES FOR ANY FUCKING REASON, and focus on actually making all of the skills good and useful instead.

And shoot whatever dumb fucker keeps making fucking Earplug so hard to gem on, like holy fuck. Being roared out of everything 30 times a fucking fight (unless you play a counter heavy weapon like LS) is fucking annoying as shit, and it's impossible to gem fucking Earplug onto fucking anything because the shit wants 5 fucking 2 slots to be useful. Drop that shit down to 3 slots, and make it so 1 stops most monster roars, 2 stops the medium roars, and 3 stops the "ultra loud motherfucker" roars like Diablos/Tigrex/huge boss monster roars.

would you prefer "hunt rajang lmao"

>but for lance I mentioned that spiral thrust was extremely spammable and that anchor rage was underappreciated because of the fact that if you run guard with it you...
>monkey paw finger curls
Spiral Thrust now uses 2 wirebugs.
Thx capcom

Attached: 1641848338922.png (1217x712, 201.85K)

and that's why GU is godlike, because you spent all your time farming deviants

I've never taken a screenshot, so no.

nah I know what move you're talking about. he preps the opening in his shell and goes up/down, and it has 3 separate tracking openings. you can still walk next to him to avoid it without rolling, like I said it's to punish people who are trying to distance him.

All of what you type gets summarized into "They liked this feature" or "They hated that feature" before it gets translated and tallied and actually sent to Japan. Offering actual advice is working yourself into carpal tunnel earlier for absolutely no reason especially with surveys from a Japanese company.
No actual developer that matters on the game will read what you wrote because translating everyones walls of text would just take too long.

Deviants had their own issues (stupid fucking ticket shit), but otherwise yeah, that was much preferable, at least in theory, than endless ED/Rath shit.

The dev's need to get off their dragon fucking dildos and make better use of all of the fucking monsters they have. Retire Rath and his multicolor cunty variants for a few games, and use more exotic monster types.

Give us more snakes, bugs, crabs, apes, bears, dogs, whatever the fuck. Give us fucking variety. Dial back on the "durr elder dragon" shit which barely even matters because story is who gives a fuck and theres a ton of monsters that match ED's already who aren't ED's anyway so their status as "durr special" doesn't mean a fucking thing because SSJ apes and bomber jet wyverns exist.

>Fight Cephadrome
>He does the tail flip spins
>And the hipchecking
>And the "dive in sand and swim around like a piece of shit"
>And is accompanied by his entourage of groupies
I remember now why I hated him, he's fucking mini-Plesioth.

ask him why he made the allmother and the other shitty monster.

>the problem of Rath's also being so prevalent in the games as well
Good luck trying to force Capcom to change this, Raths have been in every game and they even push Rathalos in every crossover they make. (MGS peace walker, ff14, smash ultimat, etc...)
it's come to a point where you can easily say "Rathian and Rathalos will be in MH6" and you know you will be 200% right, same goes for Diablos

One day, I hope Diablos takes a break for a single generation. Just give Monoblos a little spotlight.

I legit prefer fighting ples than cephs. fuck those guys.

How long do you need to play switch axe before it starts to make sense? I feel like I have no idea what I should be doing in situation short of the monster being downed.

>throw sonic bomb
>cephadrome and his bastard children flop around uselessly giving you ample time to shit on them
Nothing more satisfying

Imagine fighting Chameleos in Peace Walker with his theme and everything

They're practically the series mascots. It'd be like leaving Ryu out of a Street Fighter game.

Diablos is another one who is in bed with Plesioth, fucker only can do hipcheck now

>Go to hunt Plesioth
>He's swimming in the water
>Wait 30 seconds
>He's still swimming in the water
>Throw a sonic bomb at him
>He recoils in pain
>And continues to swim in the water
>Throw another sonic bomb at him
>It has no effect
>NOW he gets out of the water
>Instant hipcheck

They made it less autistic this time around. You just need 3 slaves to pilot and you can keep tab and get your items from your house keeper in the prep hub and your home

Get rapid morph 3. Get that overhand switch skill. I use dualshock 3, so run up and hit Triangle (maybe Y for xbox?), morph, morph-morph for the hit and actual morph, Circle (A?), morph.
If it's a short opening i'll run in with Triangle, morph, and get a couple sword overheads in.
We can't block, and don't have a counter so you prob want a point in evade extender, and some evade window.

Attached: monsterhunter swaxe.gif (335x251, 37.36K)

I just want to be able to attack the monster and not have to ride it. Like damn that shit ruins the flow so bad and riding the monster is just a complete waste of time

This scat dragon make user seething

Attached: MHRise-Almudron_Render_001.png (1920x1241, 3.1M)

you guys are right, i had forgotten the pain. Fuck plesioth more than ceph.

Is 4U easy to emulate these days? I remember there being a problem with turning off the 3D.

Worse is when a random who loves it joins your hunt.
>monster stunned, random hops on
>runs it across the map to fight some other fucking monster to hop on that one too

GIVE ME YOUR GOLD ORB YOU FUCKER

The attack to auto mount is annoying. I know since I am a Pierce spammer.

I remember it being fine on citra but sometimes it would have weird temporary slowdown which might've just been my PC or resource allocation. I don't remember ever having to do anything with the 3D setting

PC room where?

>his crazy aggression is tempered by the fact that he just sits there and rests between almost every single move, so it gets boring to go your turn, my turn, your turn, my turn over and over.
You just described old monhun, how's that a bad thing?

forgot to mention i use that wirebug dash a lot that puts you in axe mode to insta-charge that shit and get close to the monster quick.
And your sword circle, circle combo where he does the spin slash is good for filling your meter quick.

Thanks, I'll build some armor specifically for that then. I was trying to learn it at a basic level first, but maybe I'm movement gimped that way.

>being a charge blade user in the current year
youtube.com/watch?v=eVTXPUF4Oz4
this shit sucks

Attached: cb.png (556x482, 673.84K)

The hitbox for diablos' hipcheck only goes from its head to its legs so if you're on the tail you won't ever take damage.
t. always on the tail

Yeah hes probably the worst monster in the series. Id rather fight 3 cephadrome and a dreadking at the same time in volcanic hollow area 8 then have to deal with the scat fetish dragon jumping across the map 50 times in a row

>SAED/phial hitboxes fucked
>Can't swap freely between spinning axe and sword after activating it and have to hold the button for some reason for extra hits
Somehow I still delude myself into thinking I'm enjoying it

Using Canary it works like a charm for me, I think the issue with the 3D setting being on was fixed at least a year or two ago, but you can just turn it off in the settings either way.

that's only true for monsters like bloodbath which are so ridiculously dangerous that you HAVE to wait for them to stop doing shit before you can start attacking them. if you look at monsters like grimclaw from the same game, he has tons of easy GS charge openings because his moves don't have aggressive tracking and can be juked by walking to one direction.
Go fight valstrax in GU again. he doesn't rest after every single move. he only taunts after specific ones like the frontflip. his other moves provide you with at least some room to wiggle, evade, and prep attacks.
love fighting him with switch axe and GS. didn't understand the hate until I tried to hunt him with sns--literally never able to set anything up and it took twice the time. people who hate him need to switch to longer weapons and they'll see how easy he is

well i use cutting weapons so i don't want to be on the tail

Attached: Gokek.gif (236x213, 26.72K)

I'm soloing 4UG, 2 so far.
Is this fucking Chameleos Bonus Quest supposed to be such a pain in the ass? I'd feel bad if I dropped it til G3

Thanks anons I'll check it out

Attached: clownsuit.png (668x601, 1.1M)

Damn the apex event monsters hit hard and my shit is maxed
The raths are easy enough but gigantic ass Mizu doing 80-100% on shit that's chip damage in the normal fight is a bit much

i'll run a few hunts for an hour or so. I'll go make a room if you're still around

Actually, I misremembered; the 3D effect you can turn off in the form of making the 3D slider on a real 3DS non-functioning, but it is still on in the form of AA which might screw it up.
You should be able to find some one-liner action replay codes on gbatemp that actually turns off the 3D, without them I think it still works these days but it might be heavier on your CPU.
I hope it works out for you, 4U is definitively up there among my favorites.

Attached: B6DF3030-7D73-4DBD-AE51-6A6059318F59.png (800x600, 470.27K)

The village quest took me over 15 minutes with sns.

keep it up user. don't people stop you from being you

>Only thing I haven't beaten is online mode
so the only thing you've touched is the village which is a tutorial for the real game anyway

i keep saying that this guy would be cooler if the head turned to be fake and the tails was the real head and it was based on the centepede

Attached: img_desertcentipede_mr_large.jpg (594x358, 114.81K)

>Room ID: LAEfrGJaQQXGPGEA
if you still wanted to do some hunts for a bit. Down to hunt anything if you're farming something. Anyone's welcome. Just no gunners plz. I'm tired of seeing them in every hunt.

Attached: monsterhunter lets go!.gif (234x201, 51.77K)

Be there in a few

Yes, I know it's the mascot, but it needs to retire for a bit. Even fucking Disney doesn't throw Mickey into goddamn everything non-stop.

Okay I'll definitely check that out. What about the HD mods somebody made? Is it worth bothering with?

He has the same problem as Plesi in that it feels like the devs scaled his model up way too much. He'd be a much more tolerable fight if he was the average size of a Mizutsune.

Why are all asians incels?

PLEASE JOIN US.

What quests are you doing?

whiter than you pablo

>dualshock 3
man, crazy to think that was something i spent thousands of hours using. after using ds4, i cant imagine ever using the ds3 due to how tiny it really is.

>do literally 0 damage
>other 3 hunters are shitting out hundreds of damage
>Bazel just REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES on me only
lol

>>>Omega filtered

Attached: 1621130988644.jpg (785x731, 100.76K)

Literally just do the sidequests to collect the rare account items and it's super simple to keep track of. Get three level 35+ animal slaves, spend kamura points to determine how many items they bring back, collect items after every hunt and reset bargaining skills once they run out. Better than the shit they had in MonHun Tri at least.

round robin

Its better in world since you have complete access to your subs at the hub instead of being fuckville where you have to leave your hub

Wtf is a round robin?

Talk to the housekeeper retard

You do know you can control everything in the buddy plaza from your palico in the house or the palico in the hub prep area, right? The only time you have to leave the hub is when some fucker in the village has a new quest for you to do/turn in or when you need to check the cohoot nest for items in Buddy Plaza.

Attached: 1635276161749.gif (220x220, 9K)

I mean than than in

Turns.

I really don't get this, LP2 gunsword is nothing special. it's literally just lightbowgun except you have basic sword melee

Seconding this.

Haven't played rise, did they ruin my boy?

Not at all. He got filtered.

Awful take

I am getting filtered by the final village quest due to the arena size. Tips? Or just upgrade my armor before trying again?

Lance should get Clutch Claw Counter as part of it's core moveset for Sunbreak and every future monster hunter game as long as they continue to be made

Attached: LanceCCounter.webm (800x450, 2.87M)

No, fuck off.

>counter that is guaranteed to do damage with long parry window
preposterous, things like that is only for real weapons like Long sword

to be fair you can still take damage while you're on the monster, you just have hyper armour (and damage reduction i think).

Got myself killed from full health from countering an Uragaan that wouldn't stop rolling once.

>things like that is only for real weapons like Long sword
well said

Attached: LongSword.jpg (1359x1065, 222.58K)

FPBP. Remember when Elder Dragons used to be something grounded like fire chimera and chameleon dragon? Now, we have Robot Rocket Digimon Dragon from PSO2 or God Eater. Fuck Portable Team for shitting on the design philosophy of the early MH games.

Attached: static-assets-upload2920393307836835251.png (1920x1509, 3.6M)

yes and with weapons that rely on parry or block like Lance solo is more fun

I just hope they don't pull another clutch claw

>chimera
Teostra is a manticore you dumb smelly man.

>Remember when Elder Dragons used to be something grounded like fire chimera and chameleon dragon?
Or literally cthulu
A Unicorn
Or a full metal dragon that can rust

valstrax is just shooting #DragonEnergy out of wings instead of its mouth, its not any weirder than yama tsukami

I hate them

Attached: 1631719731503.png (450x336, 198.83K)

Please Buff Gunlance

Some YouTuber has one of those "Things you need to know about Monster Hunter Rise" videos where he says whenever you get a mount you should run to another monster, fight them, then slam into them then do the same with the other monster for the extra drops. I'm guessing they watched that.

to be fair that advice is for single player

How? Yama Tsukami is just a couple gas bags covered in moss.His entire fight was just punching gas bags to make him stop floating, and then dodging him sucking in air. He doesn't even have an element. Thunderbugs living in the moss do the only status damage.
They basically split his gimmicks between Zinogre and Paolumu.
The only thing actually weird about him is being an octopus-like thing which made him stand out against Kushala skeletons.

Ah okay, I couldn't remember if he specified.

It was a fun fight, just a little easy but hey, it's a switch game

based LS user dabbing on everyone

Nothing wrong with Yama, he's just a big bloated octopus dragon. The same goes to Kirin, he's just a thunder qilin. As for Kushala, his body is just encased in metallic carapace. Meanwhile, Valstrax:
>can shoot explosive from wings
>can blast rocket propulsion from wings
>wings can be freely rotated and transformed into lances
>can travel at mach speed
>receives the title, "Argent Comet", might as well as call it the Coldsteel Comet
Fuck this shonenshit animefaggotry. Inb4 Rajang. Risetoddlers and GUtrannies need to fucking neck themselves for fellating this God Eater reject.

Attached: 1643004965898.jpg (457x610, 42.11K)

SA actually

I WANT YOU TO BURN TO DEATH

>a giant lighter than air cephalopod with teeth that resembles a floating island and has a symbiotic relationship with elemental bugs living inside of it
>a super fast zoomy dragon
If you think Yama is in the normal ballpark then you've basically already allowed in every other odd thing like Nakarkos, who is well above Valstrax's level of odd.

>20% shelling buff
>ground splitter no longer goes away after sheathing and/or lasts longer
>faster access to guard edge after wide sweep
>slight raw scaling on wyrmstake
there's a start

>Captcha: HAV0K

So what's the verdict on switchaxe? I've been having a lot of fun with it.
Also how do I do that one move where I grapple on to the monster and just drive my switchaxe into it? I've only been able to pull it off a couple times and each time it feels random.

His theme sucks ass. And his crimson glow is comically highly saturated. Just make it your typical flame burst and tone down the red and he'd be much better.
Fight is pretty decent though.

>>can shoot explosive from wings
>>can blast rocket propulsion from wings
>>wings can be freely rotated and transformed into lances
>>can travel at mach speed
>>receives the title, "Argent Comet", might as well as call it the Coldsteel Comet
Yes?
How is that any less believable than a floating octopus island with a mouth do large that it would have to have absolutely no internal organs for it to make sense?
Except for the wing rotation, which isn't even odd in and of itself, it's just applied dragon breath.

Attached: EPaQLxAWAAEDtsO.jpg (1000x563, 119.34K)

The fact that you think a hot air balloon that lives with bugs is weirder than an F16 with three dimensional thrust vectoring that can shoot comets out of its engines and use its wings like stinger missiles says more about your idea of normal than anything else.

>posting Yama Kurai
I knew you were a disingenuous faggot.

Is it the wing mechanic that's bothering you? There are interlocking gears in nature, that's hardly that bizarre.

Bow is somehow one of the strongest melee weapons, only beaten by LS and GS autism.

Are you being retarded on purpose or is this you admitting you have no argument?
Kurai has the least amount of differences of all the origin species monsters with it being limited to trees on its head and orange skin.

It is more efficient in a materials per hunt sense but it's just annoying to everyone who has to leg it across half the map and not everyone will appreciate that lull in fighting for so long. The running, the constant tumbling and lesser damage dealt to a mounted monster all make it less fun for the other 3 players.
It's not exactly the wrong thing to do but it does feel like it's kind of at the expense of everyone elses fun.

I only do that if a Rajang is nearby. Hyper beam spam is fun as fuck and deals a fuckload of damage.

It's significantly stranger user.
There's nowhere on Yama's body to store the amount of gases needed to float like that.

What am I supposed to be working towards if I already have the armor and weapon I'm happy with?

ideal skill setup combination of charms+decos+armour
>i already have that
then you're done

The fact that you posted Kurai and tried to pass it off as Tsukami, while also saying a fucking fighter jet dragon that literally has JSDF F2 recordings used as its sound effects is normal says everything about the disingenuous nature of your "argument."

Talismans for that or other setups you might use in the future. Enough parts to build weapons in trees that might be expanded in Sunbreak. Zenny if you still need it to be prepared for Sunbreak and upgrading new armor.
Having fun playing videogames.
If all that it's probably safe to take a break if it isn't fun anymore.

SeeYou have no argument other than being anal about meaningless shit.

No monster hunter director will be ourguy until he puts underwater back in

Don't care, still playing hunting horn.

You completely disregard arguments and just say it isn't one.

>spoiler
Use elemental discharge when you've filled the phial with sword mode

user, just give it up.
Yama is by far the weirder monster of the two.

It's like you want Lance to be the only good weapon again, except instead of actually making lance better you just make every other weapon dogshit unplayable.

It's almost like you don't have an argument that hasn't already been addressed.
I mean all you're doing is screaming
>JET BAD JET BAD
While defending a monster that has an even weirder anatomy and mechanics

>His theme sucks ass
now THIS is shit taste

>jet dragon that literally has JSDF F2 recordings
Barroth litterally play a train whistle when he charges you
Does he have a place in monhun ?

Attached: 708px-Excuse_Me_Guard.png (708x599, 459.98K)

Valstrax and his armor remind me of this guy

Attached: HD-wallpaper-berserker-lancelot-anime-dark-knight-fate-fate-zero-perro-rabioso-ransurotto-servant.jpg (800x1600, 183.27K)

good hunty and good night my niggas

Attached: 1642708797661.jpg (767x1024, 71.6K)

Imagine fighting Nakarkos underwater

Attached: the terror.jpg (1080x1061, 186.8K)

gg, was fun.

Once again, you're just disregarding everything said because you've never had a good faith argument to begin with.
You just reduce everything to
>lol you're saying jet bad

Imagine almudron underwater

>imagine almudron
no thanks nigger

100% agree. I loved that move.

>we are now at the point where people ask what round robin is

well Lancelot was a pretty cool jet pilot

His theme, as well as most of Rise's unique monster themes, objectively SUCKS ASS.
And I have the best taste in music. My jamming and karaoke buddies said so.

The best it's ever been. The new skills and power phial getting fucked adds a lot of depth. And unlike some other weapons that've become more fun in Rise, swaxe still deals plenty of damage.

>My jamming and karaoke buddies said so.
They were sparing your feelings.

Yeah that was good. We should do Any Forums lobbies more often.

Attached: monsterpunter.jpg (464x293, 22.46K)

Thanks for the sensible chuckle

>Valstrax "roars after every attack"
>Filtered
Not him but I refuse to believe anyone can get filtered by this. I've never fought him before Rise but this stupid shit made him stupidly easy, even Teo is harder even when I've fought him way more times.

>he can still hit the whole area underwater
>but now you can't just zip yourself all the way to space with two button presses
I like Almudron, but that sounds kinda scary.

Plus he comes with a giant enemy crab weakspot that knocks him down + deals fixed 1k+ damage.

fuck i missed it
hope to join a Any Forums lobby one of these days, did every quest so now i'm just grinding mats and HR in preparation for sunbreak, getting tired of playing with silent randoms

Fuck you chink.
I want MHFU gameplay again.

Robot jet dragon isn't natural and will never be. You GUbabbies need to stop trying to pass him as in line with the monster designs in the series so far. Imagine watching Lord of the Ring and Smaug is a Mecha Dragon Mark 2.0, that would be fucking retarded.

Attached: 1639112345988.png (1600x900, 1.19M)

This is the one thing that made fighting Barioth, Narcaguca and Tigrex bearable for me. I can't deal with those assholes with any other weapons.

Is that when he charges in his chest or is it something totally different?

Because he blows the steam from the orifices from his head? Nothing weird about that and seems plausible to me. Don't even try to equate that with jet fighter dragon.

Attached: 1642757576263.jpg (600x827, 56.48K)

Yep, chunking the chest hard enough explodes for big damage and knocks him over. He's weak as fuck when he gets up too.

Oh, that's nice to know. I should try this out, I've been just bashing his face in since he just sticks it out so much for free.

did you at LEAST cause a stir over Brachydios being an exploding Bad Dragon? He's fine obviously but your consistency is questionable, based on your prior post I think you're just too into aircraft or something and are picking the idea apart needlessly

Shit Dragon is such a fucking unfun monster. What the fuck

>natural
>plausible

Attached: 1541395401916.png (469x443, 202.14K)

NTA, but i hate pre-iceborne Brachy's tail

Lord of the rings has magic and warlocks why are you comparing it with MH?

>Robot jet dragon isn't natural and will never be
90% of monsters will never be natural, that's why they're monsters you utter dipshit.

Not that user, but when I first saw a screenshot of Brachy I thought he looked dumb and out of place. I wasn't sure what the fuck were Capcom thinking when designing him. Then I fought him in 3U and now he's my favorite monster and I trust Capcom to go wild with their designs.

do people forget about the spider that can build Zoids to fight?

This but with Astalos for me
Best Rath clone by a mile

I had a pretty similar experience with him and Zinogre being the flagships, my skepticism was immediately cured upon fighting them

>play emergency arzuros for the first time
>almost get instakilled by a single swipe
finally, a good fucking hunt

I feel like Brachy is an early prototype of 5th gen monster behavior.

There's a lot of unbelievable things in MH. For some reason one user is just triggered by Val in particular despite being fairly tame among elders.

My biggest fear for Malzeno is that Malzeno's bleed gimmick will just be Vaal Hazak 2.0. Malzeno will inflict deadly bleed, a more dangerous version of normal bleed, and if you're bleeding he'll be able to drain your blood to strengthen his own attacks, maybe doing things like adding blood claws onto his swipes for longer reach. Basically, just have him inflict a status and then passively drain your HP while you're near him to power up his own attacks, passive HP drain is always an annoying gimmick to fight against.

we failed that quest so fast in the Any Forums room tonight. laughed pretty hard since I wasn't the one getting dabbed to death

You mean 4th gen right?

I think pre-world Brachy kinda bad because how clean and rather smooth his design was(excluding the slime) and Raging Brachy is ugly as sin.
I can't even see his color properly other than yellow at the first time.

I hope that once we get to Elgado in Sunbreak, I can give the Queen the sex with my Gunlance.

>Malzeno will inflict deadly bleed, a more dangerous version of normal bleed
But they removed bleed in Rise.

>I can't even see his color properly other than yellow at the first time
I think you may be colorblind.

Are there even any monsters that can inflict it in the game?

Passive HP drain won't be added back unless health augs come back in some form, and with Valstrax existing I highly doubt they'd add it back since it'd become invincibility. Either they nerf the fuck out of it and it works too well with Valstrax for invulnerability, or it remains strong and everyone gets to be unkillable.

The ideal Malzeno gimmick for me would be a blood raged mode that makes him faster/bigger attacks, but increases his hitzones significantly, and he enters the mode based on damage dealt hunters or damage taken.

what's a good gunlance build and what buttons do i press to play it competently?
t. lancefag getting tired of spamming spiral thrust, i made a budget bazel GL blast build but it seems even more braindead because i'm just doing poke shell, poke shell, poke shell, reload and repeat

They can always add it back in, the flagship is a vampire after all.

Narga's projectiles caused it in world, but I think that's it.

Narga if you count that since they only added it in Iceborne's variation
Shogun Ceanataur's going to be in and they gave him bleed in Gen

>The ideal Malzeno gimmick for me would be a blood raged mode that makes him faster/bigger attacks, but increases his hitzones significantly
i'm sorry but this is such a boring as fuck "gimmick" that so many monsters have on enrage. malzeno will have something more interesting for sure

This is why I hate secondary faggots like you who look at Valstrax and think, "So, MonHun's monsters have always been like this, eh?" Despite the series' fantastical settings, the games before Gen always tried to be grounded and stayed within the realm of suspension of disbelief when it came to monster designs. Just because it's fantasy doesn't mean you can suddenly introduce Mecha Godzilla or Mega Zord the Robotic Rampager into the fucking game, you fucking dumb zoomer.

Attached: 1643184040557.jpg (566x579, 61.72K)

>Herro Friendu, I am Mitsubishi Suzuki Honda, director of rideo game. I hope you rike it!
Azns will always be funny

Rathian GL with artillery, load shells and sharpness decos. Burst fire for the win. Bazelgeuse coil and legs and then just mix with whatever other armor for better slots or skills you like.

I didn't really notice anything too weird about fighting him as a SA user. He felt kind of cool and I had more fun fighting him than the other elder dragons. Of course I've only played World and Rise, so I don't know what he's "supposed" to be like, I just thought a fucking jet dragon was cool.

Attached: 1444442626841.gif (163x153, 452.41K)

why do they never bring him back

Pussy shit, heres how you actually fix fucking gunlance.

>shelling now scales with raw, no more "shelling level" bullshit
>untyped damage, none of this "fire damage" bullshit
>shelling now costs only as much sharpness as a regular poke
>you now get to choose which shelling type you want on a lance, can switch it at equipment chest
>long type is gone, only have normal and wide, normal is...normal, wide is better wyvernfire damage and shorter cooldown on it, for your choice of unloading big burst gameplay or stabboom with occasionally big reward explosion gameplay
>new elemental shells that do element damage, as well as status shells that do status
>shield now has a landmine on it and can be used for an explosive counter move that blows you away from the attack with full invulnerability if successful, downside is it has a recharge time like wyvern fire, but has massive ko/trip value on a monster
>wyvern fire is now one big hit, and also scales off raw
>rocket boost is now a standard move, no wirebug shit or meters or anything, and can end it in a full burst, a stab, a wyvern fire, or a wyrm stake
>big swings come out 1.5x as fast
>artillery is now gone, but only because the scaling on gunlance's raw is now good enough that it's like you always have artillery anyway
>this is also added to CB and SWAX because fuck artillery just being this forced thing on a bunch of weapons, just make shit scale and stop bloating the fucking skill pools you stupid fucking 11's, two nukes clearly were not enough

There, Gunlance now is not dog shit and is a viable weapon people will want to try.

It's common for a reason, overemphasis on gimmicky shit ruins monster fights, see Narwa's ballista bullshit, Vaal Hazaak AIDS, or old Fatalis everythings a shitzone so you spam LBBs.

Why do you think everyone enjoys Goss Harag so much?

Slam-burst. Use silkbinds to slam faster, then burst. Get used to the slam combo, burst out of it. Wiredash and burst in the air. Blast dash into the monster's face and do instant slam-bursts. Optionally: stake if there's an opening.
The optimal (as far as fun goes) playstyle involves no poking whatsoever, instead you shell nonstop.
Bazel GL is kinda trash though. Rathian, Kush, Rampage and Howlitzer (budget variant, but it works) is what you want. And don't forget Artillery and Load Shells.

No I mean an early prototype for 5th gen monster behaviour. He moved like 5th gen monsters do. Less openings, more spastic, more tracking, etc

Been playing around with the diablos swaxe + bludgeoner, its an absolute riot for the sheer unga bunga value.
Any other cool swaxes to check out? Think I'm gonna work on putting together some elemental sets.

I blame Ingle Isle because it can be obnoxiously bright

>shield has a landmine on it

this is totally beside the point
why would a flagship elder's gimmick be something that a good 50% of all the monsters already have

>Try out some new weapons
>Go with Pierce LBG to see how stupid it is
>Get into hunt
>Completely shit out damage and kill the monster in a few minutes
What the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: 1560367044463.jpg (1024x634, 36.57K)

Yes, because this is Monster Hunter, the game where you can get slapped 40ft into lava, land on your head, and get up just fine while your kitty cat with a twig tussels with a 40 ton rampaging jet engine voltekka shooting metal dragon. Realism has no place here.

Skills that are tailored to certain weapon types are good. There should be way more unique armour skills that are only good for a few weapons, not less.

He has a really cool design and is a fairly easy fight

which weapon will make me feel most like an EDF fencer?

Attached: 1487979906520.jpg (800x799, 369.32K)

SOILED IT

Attached: 1608151592695.png (320x320, 2.84K)

Because variants of it exist in flagships already? Nerg and Magnamalo both have it.

>rocket boost is now a standard move
It kind of already is? It's just a switch skill, doesn't use any wirebugs. They just hard capped it to 3 in a row because balance I guess.

>bloated skill pools are good!
Nah, fuck that shit. Plus it'll open up room for GL (and other shield blasty weapons like CB) to actually slot some fucking Guard in there and make the shield more than a fucking decoration.

Oh that's easy.
Gunlance.

I wonder how this would work for a gimmick
>Malzeno is based off vampires
>Also called the Duke Dragon
>So Malzeno's gimmick is the monsters he attacks during a turf war are infected by his blood and become an underling
>They basically act as a frenzied monster, ignoring Malzeno and exclusively targeting the player
>The fight is 2v1 until the player does enough damage to the other monster, then it's knocked out of it, becomes ridable, and runs away afterwards

>and other shield blasty weapons like CB
I will never ever fucking forgive them for removing impact damage from guardpoints with a charged shield. Nothing better than KO'ing a monster by guardpointing its charge. But oh no, this was clearly too powerful and we hate fun so we got rid of that.

I would love this but I can't see that happening with the way Rise is

nerg's dynamic hitzones aren't tied to his enrage, they're a completely different gimmick
magnamalo's is also significantly different because they're localized zones like astalos that aren't dependent upon enrage
both monsters also have ultra attacks that happen if you don't knock out their hitzones
what you said is literally no different from a normal nargacuga enraging and getting a more sensitive head
now this could work if they tune it right

The skill pool being "bloated" doesn't mean anything. There is no downside to having a lot of skills, especially if a larger proportion of them are actually good. I would prefer it if nearly every weapon in the game didn't wear exactly the same shit in every game.

still fun

Rapid Morph level 3 and Evade Extender level 2/3 are the default required skills to have fun.
Now that you have that, use the wirebug dash skill with the B button to dash a bit and get free sword meter.
B > B > Morph > Morph > B > B is the go-to combo when you have an opportunity. And if you're fighting an asshole monster that won't stop moving then you can do the very handy dandy and super complicated combo of Morph > Morph > Morph > Morph since these hits with Rapid Morph will allow you to be mobile.
Use ZSD when you have a good moment for it or if you just know you're not going to die. It's fine against a lot of the monsters, but the later stronger monsters can kill you while you use it. You just have to practice and figure out on your own when you know you can get away with it. When you blow away from the monster, using the Soaring Wyvern Strike wirebug skill will let you get back in. Use that to avoid the the downtime of your recovery after using ZSD. Alternatively, don't use Soaring Wyvern Strike if you know going back in will get you fucking killed.

Also practice axe mode. It seems useless at first but it's actually excellent at hitting monster's chins, and using the backwards fade slash with the axe lets you get out of trouble or break monster parts easily. Also I have no idea how to use Switch Axe.

Attached: cryin' pumpkin in the alley.gif (320x180, 895.21K)

>DUKE Dragon
>western influenced
I think we've been going in the wrong direction all along

>The skill pool being "bloated" doesn't mean anything
It means theres an abundance of useless skills or skills you'd want to use, except they're never worth sacrificing damage for or because other skills are too essential for a weapon to "function" properly.

love this guy, one of my fav mons from rise. just bring a fire wep retards lmao.

Attached: 5eec30f4b18e0e6489dfe6a8ff98bcb4.jpg (354x285, 28.64K)

And skills that improve the weapon's functionality are better than skills that improve the weapon's stats. Improving the weapon's stats is what weapon upgrades are for.

>worldbabby calling others secondaries
Hilarious.
>the games before Gen always tried to be grounded
Yeah I don't think I need to rehash the Yama Tsukami conversation you bailed on with the other guys because you couldn't think of an actual argument

What Gunlance are worth using in Rise?
Are any of the 3 types of shells cucked or am I making 3 GL for the 3 playstyles?

Every single game ranged weapons are broken as fuck. The MH team doesn't know how to balance weapon types for shit.

Who knows but he really needs to come back.

Cool story bro, I bet you totally run Guard 5 and max Guard Up on every weapon with a shield, and totally don't add a single damage boosting skill before those are added on, because it totally improves a weapons functionality, right?

That's what I was aiming for. Right now two monsters in the same zone is strictly positive for the player, the monsters stops fighting them, they get to heal and sharpen, then they get a bunch of free DPS from a wyvern ride and the other monster will immediately leave so they don't need to deal with them. This way they still get the heal and sharpen, but they need to work for that wyvern ride and actually deal with multiple monsters outside of the arena.

Lots of people talk about how they want a monster that messes with wirebugs, but I think a monster that turns invasions around would be good as well.

>Less openings, more spastic, more tracking, etc
That's the exact opposite of fifth gen monsters.

>Lots of people talk about how they want a monster that messes with wirebugs
Honestly, that should've been rakna's thing. She's a spider, what else would be better for messing with other bugs? Imagine if when you tried to wirebug around her, she just snagged you into a grapple, or she could lay webs that would stick you into the air where she could flamethrower you or something.

Rampage Gunlance is one of the best Gunlances, especially if you like Long Shelling.

Out of the three, Wide Shelling suffers this time around.

the guy literally used magic and warlocks as an example of "grounded"

he wasnt even in GU
its really sad
they should rework his moveset if they dont think he will work in modern games but the design is still cool

If we are requesting Monsters, I want Nakarkos to return.

Attached: MHGen-Nakarkos_Render_003.png (1017x592, 797.72K)

I run marathon runner 3, constitution 5 and evade extender 2 on all my dual blade setups. Debate me.

I hope expansion salvages it
i expected it to last at least till elden ring but im already done with this game, what a shallow garbage

Attached: file.png (296x97, 39.91K)

Barioth will tear through just about everything that isn't ice-flavoured. I think you can make Narwa work too, but upgrading the serpents' armor for Stormsoul is such a nightmarish money sink that I'll have to get back to you.
Hard mode: Kush. Great damage, Kush soul works well with swaxe, looks amazing. Power phials are gonna be a hassle until you get used to amping them though.

Wide doesn't have much of a purpose. Rampage is the clear winner, but any of the lvl 5 shelling ones work fine too.

same, good taste

Long shells became the "Do whatever the fuck you want" gunlance. A long fullburst does the same damage as a normal shell one, but long also has a much stronger wyvernfire and wyrmstake.
Wide a shit.

>Rise is already this good and the expansion isn't even out yet
400 hours on Switch, 200 on PC. That's already more than I got out of Generations and I played it twice too (X + Gen).

Attached: 1632516193879.jpg (1010x3020, 403.87K)

In rise that seems completely unnecessary considering how strong archdemon flight attacks both damage and repositioning wise. Stamina doesn't matter whatsoever for dual blades anymore now that you can just do a few archdemon flights for zero stam and big damage and then reactivate feral midair.

Unless of course you're not using demon flight in which case lol lmao

I wonder if Sunbreak is gonna be a pump and dump like base Rise was or if they're going to actually add new shit to it like in World.

They're going to actually add new shit to it like Rise.

I much prefer a "pump and dump" to this kind of dripfeed. I'm going to be done with the game AT MOST after two months, I'm not going to come back for your one single monster of 15 minutes of gameplay. If I'm coming back it's because I feel like bonking monsters in general.

Attached: 1643394553168.png (1540x982, 651.94K)

The only new thing they've added to Rise after 3.0 was the USJ armour, that's it. Cosmetics aren't new shit.

No, World did it objectively better. I put probably more than 300 more hours than I otherwise would have in World because there was something new to work towards every time I went on. Unless you're one of those spergs who have a hate boner against doing anything meta it's unquestionably better.

Will pc get sunbreak this year?

He can't come back because of lore reasons you retard.

We're either getting a simultaneous release or a month or two delay at most.

Do event monster have more HP?
Their quest feels longer.

>normal nargacuga enraging and getting a more sensitive head
Never knew that. Neat.

nope
sunbreak was canceled due to lackluster sales on PC

>muh Yama
>prob muh Rajang too
Sure can't wait for an Elder Dragon piloting a Guren Lagann mecha in the next Anime Hunter xXx. I'm sure the Portable Team is glad to have Risetoddlers like you sucking off their OC Donut Steel so much.

Attached: 1567511212397.jpg (400x268, 60.73K)

I should specify that I mean more so how Iceborne did it than base World.

>Elder Dragon piloting a Guren Lagann mecha
but we already got a neopteron piloting a mech back in GU

Where the fuck is ATs in that image?

Attached: 1608625987387.jpg (600x800, 47.68K)

What are good endgame switchaxes? I use the rampage one almost entirely because it let's me fashion. I did bludgeoner grand chaos but it feels a bit weaker than my rampage one.

Anything else I should look into? Was considering val's axe with his set.

>I can't move!
what do you do? are you a good samaritan who gives them a poke or are you a heartless bastard?

I either use Tigrex or Rampage.

dont worry bro i gotchu
>revs up wyvern fire

I poke them, of course. To no effect, because flinch free now disables teamwork. What the fuck were they thinking?

>he doesn't know

unironically the only thing you could do if person has flinch free

>play lance
>run flinch free because of longsword tards
>still get people trying fruitlessly to poke me out of stun even though i disabled the auto-callout

Attached: 1426023905478.jpg (800x609, 54.13K)

Upswing them into another attack.

retard

Attached: file.png (512x512, 523.46K)

All Apex should've been Emergency Apex levels of hard.

I hope Emergencies are a good indicator of what's to come in Sunbreak.

How are your rampages set up? I think I have:
>Attack Boost
>non-element boost
>paralysis vial
I'm wondering if i should swap attack boost for sharpness tho

Play an MMO.

i try and give them a poke but it never works anymore

Same place as super apexes, super narwa, super ibushi, super all-mother

>World did it objectively better.
No, no it didn't. They slowly and randomly drip fed content over the course of a year and that content consisted of five monsters and layered armor events they rotated out and it didn't take very long to complete the small amount of content they added so after a day you were left with nothing to do until the next random update.

In other words, there was nothing new to work towards most of the time.

What the fuck is wrong with Ichinose? I hate this nigga like you wouldn't believe.

Why the fuck would you include ATs? They're literally the same monster with a stat buff or in the case of nerg outright worse.

I use sharpness 1 with a single point of handicraft for white and 3 levels of PP, non elemental boost and exhaust but the last one can be whatever.

I played base World for a long time. Between the investigation and 16 man lobbies, there is more longevity in World than Rise. I am currently HR87 and I pretty much have my SnS set due to getting lucky with a WE talisman. I don't see myself playing past HR100 unless I want to try a new weapon.

I hope it is and they're forced to add new stuff for GS don't involve facetanking.

No, dumb false equivalence.

See Rise is better than base World but Iceborne does it better and the new shit is actually substantial.

Nah, ichinose was thinking about weapon balance. CB basically made KO weapons obsolete since it child KO better and cut tails.

Didn't they each have a new move? Or was that only added in IB?

ATs have one or two tweaked moves actually, still not enough of a difference to be classified as a different monster and Capcom agrees.

Give the worldsperm a break user. Just because shit's all he's eaten, he doesn't know what's actually good. Worldsperm are all masochists who were tricked into liking having everything be FOMO shit

Because they have new gear.

They have, some of AT was also reworked

They did what? even gunlance counter has impact damage (which surprised me) but not CB? what the fuck

And now SnS KO's better than the dedicated KO weapon so what is your point?

LS basically made all melee weapons obsolete what are you even talking about. It is stupid the LS is the best defensive weapon in a game where weapon has a large fucking shield.

My problem with talismans is it's too fucking easy to get what you want but if you want one that's even the slightest bit better it's mathematically impossible even if you were to play non stop. They made getting what most people are using too easy and anything better literally fucking impossible. They really fucked up with the probability there.

>Between the investigation and 16 man lobbies, there is more longevity in World than Rise.
Which explains a lot actually. Its not that there's more to do but rather that you like thinking you're doing something.

shut the fuck up retard, itchynose apologist go suck some cocks faggot

please god don't let sunbreak bring more rampage bullshit, please let the japs learn their lesson that everybody hates this stupid shit

Attached: 1479185201412.jpg (410x410, 26.75K)

So why is hammer so shit then if balance was so important?

his nose is permanently itchy

KT's siege despite being a chore, was really fun if you found a good lobby. The MP in Rise is really fucking trash.

>Give the worldsperm a break user
Sorry but no. I can tolerate world now but prior to iceborne it was the worst game in the series.

I play with friends and we think rampage is okay. It's not like you have to do a shitton of them either, considering how many tickets you get each time.

I want hitstop back

I like Rampage. I think it just needs more failure conditions. A faint limit at the very least.

>KT's siege despite being a chore, was really fun if you found a good lobby
See what I mean. KT isn't a good fight in any capacity but you still like it because despite being piss easy it gave you the illusion of doing something.

>dumb fucking strawman
I like Rise better than World moron. Just that if Rise did the drip fed new Monsters and armours that World did, it would be better and I'd play it more than I do now. I literally haven't picked up Rise once since I finished my 300 hours, now you can say that's enough but why couldn't it be more?

You already get terrible score/rewards if you faint 3 times or more.

Hammer bros how do I stop accidentally hitting wings and shit when going for the head, I feel so retarded

it's not offensively terrible, just way too braindead easy, it's just sit on emplacements until a counter signal happens, get off emplacement and whack the monsters until the counter signal runs out, rinse and repeat for the entire rampage
i'm mostly just annoyed that i was forced to play it to unlock the apex hunts

I like that you were playing with other people when there are good lobbies. I literally mentioned the reason, why the fuck do you keep saying it gave me the illusion of doing something?

Give yourself an extra step of distance.

I'm playing world for the first time - whats the deal with investigations? are they just so I can go out and farm specific monsters?

>playing hammer while in a group of 4
>monster keeps spastically turning 180 degrees to face someone else every time I get near the head
reeeeeeee

Yeah because Rampage is such a well crafted and thought out mechanic. The KT seige blows rampages the fuck out and rampages are like a sizable chunk of Rise's entire gameplay unlike KT where it's just one monster that you don't even have to do.

Yep, they removed and nerfed a bunch of shit about CB and in turn gave us a braindead counter for instant phials or a slightly better SAED to compensate for the fact they fucked over regular SAED. I spent like 60 hours coping thinking I was playing CB wrong, but nope they fucking pissed all over it, so I just gave up on it.

Yes, it's basically free quest with modifier

Yeah. You get more rewards than usual and they sometimes come up with fucky conditions, like no carting or Deviljho as an extra target monster.

Either
>stop doing dripfeed between Base and G game
or
>stop doing G games, make all of it content updates to the base game
Simple as. The current model of World / Rise is exploitative FOMO garbage made to abuse NEET dopamine addicts who get no sense of accomplishment from anywhere else.

Attached: 1643383535789.png (1440x792, 593.69K)

Investigation added a bit of flavor to otherwise repetitive hunting.
Different rewards
Different # of players
Different time given
Different # of carts allowed
Different maps

Monster Hunter SRPG spin off when?

That's basically Apex Mizu
If you dare wirefall after being hit there's a 90% chance you jump into an exploding bubble that finishes you off

>why the fuck do you keep saying it gave me the illusion of doing something?
ESL huh?
Maybe if you reread the posts carefully you see why.

They also drop decorations as quest rewards if you do tempered ones so they'll be the main thing that you spend your time doing if you want to have any build.

>rampages are like a sizeable chunk of Rise's entire gameplay
I think I did like 3 rampages in my 100 hours of playing, and if I need defender tickets I have other means.

He's trying to phase out gathering and the grounded aesthetic of 1st-3rd gen so I want to kill him

There is no illusion of doing something. I was having fun playing the game which is kinda of the point of playing the game unless you want to get meta and debate if play games is an illusion or something

That's all? And you people praise this as "content." Literally a 15 minute modjob.

How about, no. That's such a fucking moronic argument considering the base game and G ranks have been made by separate teams in both World's and Rise's case so there's literally zero reason why they can't do both.

I wish they'd bring him back already
Glavenus is fine after they toned down the twinkle toes sidesteps after every move, but Mizu can fuck off

Yes. Because it gave variety to a some what sameish end game.

KT is literally base World's entire end-game.

>To no effect, because flinch free now disables teamwork. What the fuck were they thinking?
Jesus christ I was thinking this might be the case but said no way, it has to just be a weird bug happening.
What the fuck?

get used to using the level 2 snipe to swoop in and bonk quickly, I had trouble with this a few games ago when I started playing with more people

>Yeah because Rampage is such a well crafted and thought out mechanic
This Isn't Rise vs World user even then rampage are scarce throughout the game.
I'd also go with them over the slog that is Kulve.

Oh, so you're one of those retards that pretends MH is an action game and completely ignore the fact that it's an rpg. Why do you think your opinion matters again?

>THE BACKGROUND IS DIFFERENT AND NOW I HAVE 30 MINUTES TO KILL THE MONSTER THAT I USUALLY KILL IN 10 MINUTES!! CONTEEENT!!

Yes. Variety is still variety. What the fuck are you crying about? I don't get it. You like features being removed from your game?

I hope it's just some kind of oversight in the code and they'll fix it in Sunbreak, but who knows.

>Step a little into cave for the first time
>oh wow it's a bit dark with only my bug to light the way, did they finally bring back Tri's spooky dark caves?
>go in further and the whole thing is magically lit up
fucking gay, why even have a light source at all

Attached: 2022_01_29_041559.jpg (1365x768, 211.62K)

Attached: 1428144490396.jpg (480x480, 22.9K)

AKA literally the same game.

more lenient for when you're learning

?

I thought these investigations were actually worth something because you faggots kept raving on about them, bought this fucking game for nothing. You faggots owe me 20 bux.

>Guarding made actively worse
>Needs investment in multiple skills to not get raped by chip damage and unblockable hits
>Guard jewels require lv2 slots now
>Lance and Gunlance still laughably low MVs even though Capcom is clearly aware they're underpowered when all the later title update monster lances in Iceborne had way higher raw than stronger weapons to bridge the gap
Fucking why do they always manage to fuck it up?

I mean, you did ask to be immune to allied hits.
seems like a reasonable tradeoff even if the games have been removing tradeoffs steadily

In World other monsters randomly showing up for a bit had much more of an impact, so having random side monsters for investigations also changed them up a little
>dung pods
dung pods were most of the time very effective but you still got the occasional monster who said yeah nah fuck you im staying, plus uragaan rolling into the zone could fuck people up before they even do anything

In rise any time another monster shows up it's literally just free damage + knockovers with absolutely zero risk

>and if I need defender tickets I have other means.
i don't need defender tickets, but what are the other means?

>There is no illusion of doing something.
Of course there is. Kulve is a monster you can essentially auto pilot on especially post iceborne. You can do the bare minimum and kill it in an acceptable time frame.

Lmao. IB's endgame is not even investigation.

Kill yourself, retarded larper.

>post iceborne
We talking about base World vs Rise here.

>having trouble with two monsters
This isn't my first Monster Hunter game. Throwing a dung pod and running around in a circle for 30 seconds isn't variety.

Different teams
portable team is basically bunch of hacks who want to turn monster hunter into god eater or someshit

>and completely ignore the fact that it's an rpg.
It's not an RPG in any capacity.

If you weren't you'd know that the rampage weapons are the BOS for like half the weapons in the game meaning you need to do a lot of rampages for getting your best weapons if you actually use all of them like you should. I seriously hate the MH community on Any Forums. In other RPGs talks of minmaxing, getting to max level, grinding and getting shit meta is considered the norm but in MH you fucking DMC niggers like to ignore half the fucking game and pretend that it's just an action game while ignoring build variety.

Kill yourself

I would have to spend like another 30-40 bux for that.

Who the fuck buys World without IB?
You stupid?

It just sucks since World was the first time actually using your shield instead of sidestepping with a million iframes wasn't gimping yourself past mid-high rank
And being able to actually guard people behind you from breath attacks and lasers felt fucking sick

>getting a base game only when the G-Rank expansion is out
Oh no, he's retarded...

Someone who fell for your fucking lies. Never trusting this shit board again.

perhaps im biased because i played lance in world but i had a great time sitting in a mosh pit of monsters trying to block/counter as much as i could. Don't get to have that fun in Rise. I generally avoided using Dung Pods unless the situation was truly dangerous or aggravating

>Lance should get Clutch Claw Counter as part of it's core moveset
so that you fuckers can cart even faster?

when?

Attached: ENTER.png (968x513, 543.1K)

Attached: yes.png (645x491, 115.51K)

You don't even buy it.
Also

Okay look
>Different rewards
Wrong you get a higher chance of getting the same rewards.
>Different # of players
Irrelevant especially if you're playing solo like most world players
>Different time given
Also irrelevant if you can already defeat the monster in a shorter amount of time normally.
>Different # of carts allowed
If you cart in world of all games at all you should just stop playing video games altogether.
>Different maps
There are no exclusive maps.

So basically nothing in investigations changes how you approach the game.

Post your steam account and your screenshot that you just bought it and I'll literally gift you IB right now. Fucking larper.

Don't be retarded user I said "especially" not "only if you have iceborne".
English really is your second language.

If any weapon should have 20 kinds of counters, it should be Lance not LS
Clutch Counter used wisely was great for getting out of moves that normally had retarded knockback like a Diablos charge, and Lance had one of the quicker clutch attacks. Or you just drop off ASAP if its not safe.

>edgynogre
hopefully never

Why would you bring in IB when we are not talking about IB?

>You don't even buy it.
I did and now I'm trashing it. Fuck you.

Attached: fuckyourfuckingliesnigger.jpg (561x284, 31.15K)

>No timestamp on purchase
Lies

what retarded lancefags are you playing with? i literally never cart because guard 5 + guard up 3 means i can block even val's dive bomb

Eat shit fucking dishonest shitposter you are the reason why this board is in fucking ruins.

>means i can block even val's dive bomb
you literally can't. Ive tried

No we weren't. Not at all. I started this shit by talking about what Sunbreak will be like and my hope that it follows World's trend of giving new Monsters post release like Safi, Alatreon and Fatalis who combined added like 2-300 hours of game time for me with their fights, weapons and armours.

you're not a shitter right Any Forums?

you could complete this quest sub 15 right?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 138.25K)

There's an event quest that gives defender ticket 9, and I'm pretty sure apex raths drop defender ticket 8.
Rampages are still the best way, but I prefer hunting monsters over some gimmicky gamemode.

Spoken like someone who didn't play world. Even if you are a solo player, you are still incentivized to work with others to get more tempered investigations. Different tempered monsters meant more variety in what you found instead of the current loop which is Teostra or Narwa. Of course, there is nothing that changes YOUR approach if you are a fucking loser with no friends, but it gave other players more options which is objectively a good thing.

Holy shit the madman

anything is easy with enough people to help. did it in like 10 last time

Probably gonna need to wait for the next MH for big updates like that

Copium LMAO

you literally can tho, i did valstrax for the first time solo a couple days ago and played extremely safe because i'd already heard about the dive bomb memes, it took like 70% of my health through chip damage but i still survived

>post timestamp or full of shit
>nah ah
shameful display

>And being able to actually guard people behind you from breath attacks and lasers felt fucking sick
That IS pretty sick but it's not something that was really done. The reality was that you stood there and tanked all the hits with insane stamina while drawing aggro while your pals stood out of the path of the attacks to hit the monster.

Things like Behemoth just fucked on you so hard as a tank that nobody standing behind you was ever safe. There wasn't some practical reason to form an offence behind the tank.

All the late-game monsters they developed were all having fucking seizures with absurd hitboxes that you couldn't actually dodge as a group even if you wanted to. There was simply no fighting Jho on coordinated terms besides the standard artillery Rocksteady mantle cheese, which hardly counts because it was just too good.

not sure who to believe now

It was mostly good for big sweeps like AT Xeno
Or making a huge safe cone in Fatalis' breath if someone was already stunned or riding the ballista

Why is LS allowed to be the best defensive weapon? Why?

depends on the hp pool/scaling

It wouldn't surprise me. I love the new monsters added in Iceborne, I like Rise more than Base world but the upping the anti with every new monster in Iceborne kept me coming back. The monsters added in base World were steaming hot garbage so I completely agree that Rise > base World in terms of post release.

Because it defends your virginity

impeccable kamuran steel folded over a zennillion times, prease understandu

Cause it's fun.

>Spoken like someone who didn't play world
Sorry to burst your bubble but I have it on ps4 and pc. Everything I said is absolutely true and you don't need other players to find tempered hunts.
>Different tempered monsters meant more variety in what you found
It doesn't. It's still the exact same junk only you've been treated like a child.

>upping the anti with every new monster in Iceborne kept me coming back.
It also ruined the rest of the game thanks to powercreep.

How?
>it made them easy
They were easy anyway.

This is the most japanese MH yet even more than p3rd and you wonder why they wank LS?

Muh nipponese spirit
I liked fucking around with Critical Juncture in Gen but that shit was on a huge cooldown even with that Hyper buff potion
And then Brave LS came along and shit got retarded
If they had to deal with similar limitations where big attacks just led to a slow block instead of a counter I think it'd be fine

And now they are even easier.

>you don't need other players to find tempered hunts.
Finding other players with tempered hunts makes it faster. Because otherwise you need to go to Elder Recess to collect trials. And like I said, if you are a loser and plays without friends, fine. You can do whatever you did in World in Rise, but removing features which other players use is objectively a bad thing.

Either it's a super challenge or I don't give a shit. Any difficulty less than actually being hard is not difficult so the degree of easy it is is irrelevant. Only difference is how much of your time it wastes.

you must have had maxed out your hp pollen or some shit to do that because I got one shot through it even with max block skills

What did you name your critter pals?

Birds are a fucking mistake. Too many times, I seen randos make a beeline to the monster without getting birds and surprise surprise they all fucking cart. Should have kept Health decos.

I always name the cats I use after Super Robot Wars pilots
I just extended that to the dogs too

Feed & Seed

>Birds are a fucking mistake.
Yeah I hate them. They're such a stupid mechanic.

i named my dog Sasha after my albino german shepherd i had as a kid
i miss her

They probably would've made Health Boost a Lv2 jewel
Some of the Emergency missions really made me consider making meme full defensive sets just so I don't have to run around the map finding birds for five minutes

I'm honestly surprised they had the balls to remove nutrients and health boost skills.

Why are you playing Monster Hunter, a game for elementary kids then?

They have all been replaced with Birds. You basically get the same amount of HP with nutrients and health deco if you collect the birds. But collecting the birds are so fucking tidious.

>but the upping the anti with every new monster in Iceborne
What "upping the ante"?
Of the 10 "new" monsters that capcom counted on their site 3 were variants, 2 were ATs, 1 was a sub and 1 was just a G rank version of an existing monster. That's only 3 truly new monsters.

Play an MMO.

I hope Sunbreak just brings back another way to hit max HP cause endgame G Rank event bullshit is gonna be a nightmare if you have to run a lap around the map every time

I didn't fight Fatalis. But it's good that shielding was a strategy there.

But I think AT Xeno was just HBG with triple shield mods and I think that was enough. Could be wrong. Was tired with how lazy they were with the new hunts at that time.

Because I like hunting monsters obviously retard.

That's not even the argument

Kill yourself.

They are going to double down.
More rampage
More birds

>That's not even the argument
Nigger it was a fucking underwhelming list of monsters up until Alatreon and then they went back down from there with Fatty.

Play an MMO.

I meant they're better conceptually, not in practice. Skills that interact with or improve the unique features of weapons are usually too weak to justify over skills that increase damage on top of being too few in number, which is why set building in these games is boring.

She sounds lovely, user. Good choice.

You play an MMO.

That's not even the argument, are you dense?

I am, you should too. They do the things you want Monster Hunter to do but way better.

Guard Up shouldn't exist especially in its current state, and Offensive Guard should just be a high level bonus to Guard

>This is your modern monster hunter player
jesus christ, rise was a mistake
a final nail

>what retarded lancefags are you playing with
the average one by the looks of it

>If any weapon should have 20 kinds of counters, it should be Lance
Why?
so that you can whiff some more pokes and do even less damage?

Play an MMO.

>World haters are MMOfags
I'm not surprised.

Play a russian roulette

Play an MMO.

Yesterday, I realized that LS and GS have far more AND better defensive options than GL. That's not very cool.

In my opinion, Longsword attacks should do KO damage due to shockwaves when you swing the sword. Additionally, you should be able to create ranged shockwaves.
Who agrees with me?

yeah, and it should transform into a much larger longsword too

Do you even know what you said earlier?

While maintaining the speed of course

>rise was a mistake
World you mean. After all he's defending it.

Yes, I too desire greater power.

I will once (if) Ashes of Creation comes out. No other modern MMO is worth bothering with. Your turn.

The new monsters added after the initial release did a good job of upping the ante of with every new monster. This is unquestionable. Your personal opinions on the monsters are irrelevant.

The spirit combo should hit the entire room and also freeze the monster while you dramatically sheath your blade

Ability to teleport, stop time and cut reality as long sword WHEN?!

I like Rampages just fine, they're way better siege modes than we've ever had in the series before. But only if you just do them every once in a while. The problem is that they're the best way to farm materials used in talisman creation, and they get old really quick if you're just grinding them. They're too easy and too repetitive to do more than one or two every few sessions.

And the transformed mode should be an axe.

I know everyone is just shitflinging at this point but I just wanna say I'll be fucking shocked if Ashes isn't a disaster on launch

>Sick of SnS
>Okay let's try LS
>Go do Valstrax with LS because why not
Holy fucking shit. This is so fucking easy and all I had going for me was the LS muscle memory from IB. How the fuck is this weapon allowed?

>DPS overlay for trannies but none for monster size
>no mod that disables auto mount

>The new monsters added after the initial release did a good job of upping the ante of with every new monster.
Which it most certainly didn't especially since they started with Rajang and went into Stiggy, a considerably easier monster even with World's nerf to Rajang. Then you have all of the variants which featured the same or very, very slightly different movesets making them incredibly easy to adapt and overcome.
This is unquestionable. Regardless of your personal feelings the dlc monsters waxed and waned in quality.

nexusmods.com/monsterhunterrise/mods/141

Safi > Alatreon > Fatalis are the only monsters that matter.

Disastrous launches are kind of a tradition in the genre at this point, so it wouldn't surprise me. I'm just hoping it's due to technical difficulties, rather than the game design being an irredeemable mess.

God bless user.

So is this basically it for the Rampage gunlance?

>dont care about attack so put sharpness III or IV for hueg sharpness at the cost of raw
>shells lose power if sharpness gets too low but it'll never happen now
>long 5
>whatever in the second slot like sleep I guess

Attached: tam.png (687x147, 17.27K)

Safi was in base iceborne, dipshit.

Safi is MR only what are you talking about?

I know that dumbass. It's the escalation of big last boss looking dragons. Safi for base Iceborne and then Alatreon before finishing on big dick Fatalis.

Yeah, I've been converted into an LS main for the PC version of Rise, and it really bothers me that LS doesn't inflict every type of blight with its spirit attacks. And if it's going to compete with top-tier weapons like the Hunting Horn and Gunlance, it have at least three times the amount of i-frames on Foresight Slash and Critical Juncture should only cost one wirebug and never expire even after you go back to attacking normally. Longsword just feels like shit to use in its current state and needs to be buffed considerably.

That's basically it for Gunlance in general. I put paralysis in the 2nd slot, but yeah, you got it.

Rise is really fun

Attached: 1643110253622.gif (400x371, 61.55K)

I just wish they'd stop doing GL dirty.

where did you get this picture of my cat?

Cool. Gonna try out evade GL and only block with the wirebug counter and see how it goes.

Attached: Cee8Z1aWAAAniSZ.jpg (600x800, 80.22K)

>muh special min max weapons
i hated them in 4
i hated them in iceporn
i hate them in rise
simple as

Attached: 1638415607016.jpg (960x967, 241.87K)

Also because your teammates see how kakoi you are with LS, they can get attack buffs as well just to keep up with your deeps. Like a true LS main.

It's like I'm talking to a children with you people.
Or illiterate spics, either way you people can't read or simply can't stick to a conversation.

Hey, take that picture down. I don't want user to know that his cat likes me more than him.

>he doesn't have a min maxed build and various other fun or comfy builds
Pleb

how do you do an overhead smash straight from a guard with GL? I do it by mistake but I cant tell what triggers it

>LS is OP
>nobody post sub 5 proofs slaying advanced quests

when did you realize shitters are the mayority of this thread

Glad it's not just me. They just feel really flavourless in general. Though as much as I don't care for rampage weapons, GL kinda needs all the help it can get.

Silkbinds. Don't think there's any other way.

>Let me get this straight, you think that using the Longsword, an overpowered weapon for scrubs, is fun?
>I do, and I'm tired of pretending it's not.

Attached: 2022_01_30_060809.jpg (1920x1080, 1.5M)

This

Attack is better than Sharpness IV as long as you don't ever get any attack-boosting skills like Attack or Resentment, otherwise white sharpness carries the boost further and results in more damage

>Silkbinds.
what silk bind? none of them say they do that and it doesnt involve any silkbugs

All of them, but you're probably thinking of the counter. Ground splitter and the counter both can lead straight into overhead slam (or stake). Hailcutter obviously ends with a slam as well.

Blast dash goes into a ground slam too and I use it for that alone but what counter?

The bug counter that you can't swap.

>reeee Valstrax is shit
Boomer moment