Spend early youth playing in shitty bands

>spend early youth playing in shitty bands
>eventually grows old and realize this is fucking gay
>start an indie record label from previous settlement and crypto earnings
>give artists 1 album deals in which they can continue to renew or even rollover
>they're all happy for it and get praised by them and other people from the music community
>regularly have sex with these artists too
>realize they become much more agreeable with team during negotiations after I ass fucked them

Did I just unlock the secret on how to run a successful business?

Attached: 1663268033171393.png (677x713, 122.01K)

Do you use lube on them?

Only on the men. The women just get spit.

Do you wear your little hat when doing so?

What do you do aside fucking?
What's a album deal?
t. clueless

We pay higher royalties and have licensing deals instead of long-term deals. A lot of the artists that work for us are young retarded commies who don't care about money so they don't get large advances but have to work their way up which they think is fair because again they're retarded commies.

OP here again

Small business advice thread I guess

AMA

A one-album deal is extremely generous. The music business is 10% music and 90% business.

Attached: There's A Riot Goin' On '71 - front cover.jpg (600x572, 131.02K)

>old and realize this is fucking gay
Nah, good art is always valued. You're just a Fag.

men, women or both?

OP what would you advise a producer experienced in audio production (mixing entire albums of bands, making my own music, sound design for a few small films) to do in todays music industry? Are labels like yours in demand for in house producers for your artists? Or do artists mostly work with their own producers/produce on their own?

So far I just freelance and work by word of mouth mostly and I have plenty of experience, but demand comes and goes and would love to make it more consistent, would appreciate some thoughts.

Invest in building your own studio and production skills. There should literally be zero reason to hire a producer in 2020+2 with today's resources unless you're looking to shadow or have someone as an advisor.

Honestly working Steve Albini was a true watershed moment for me but not because of what I learned from him but because I wanted to punch out that faggot sperg everytime I heard his voice

We mostly pay in royalties and give next to nothing in advance. We do offer them contacts to other agencies for self-promotion.

I already have my own studio and would humbly say I have more than decent production skills for various departments.
I'll work harder though

Working with Steve Albini? huh

Yes, keep trying to learn new in things production as this is what the pros do. They know they're replaceable so they keep building their skills to stay on top as music evidently changes with the tides. Albini is a whore in Chicago. He'll work with anyone for a flat fee.

Not op but someone who briefly witnessed success in the 90s (million dollar record deal, pic/blurb in rolling stone, scene darlings, etc); in my experience you have to make money consistently for a while, 6 months to a year, before the "gate-keeper" jews notice you and decide they want their cut of the money.
For us, we could do 1000 bucks in t-shirt sales on a Tuesday night in fuckin Idaho.
Anyway, once the (((gate-keepers))) show up, you can either play ball and get moved up the ladder or keep doing what you're doing and stay at the level you're at.
These guys will chew you up and spit you out, though. At a certain level it's just all about squeezing profits and laundering money; once you realize how it really works the idea of "artistic integrity" or whatever is a fuckin joke
Also, I can only speak from my own experience. I have at least one friend in a very successful band where they were pretty much only playing locally, got noticed by the "right" agent who saw potential $$$$, and they pretty much skipped all the working your way up part.
All in all, it was fun. Fucked a bunch of hot girls, did a bunch of drugs and drank mostly free booze, made a bunch of money and blew it all, and traveled the world and got paid for it.
At the end of the day, though, the fantasy of what you think it's going to be when you're a teenager and the actual reality of what it is, are two very different things. The fantasy is better.

when is the next mbv album coming out?

You should sign me. I’ll save rock music, produce my own stuff, and do heinous things for publicity

Attached: 894B5B6C-7E9C-4CDF-9275-F8C14387794B.jpg (558x467, 126.09K)

Do you find artists can blow up on twitter?
What’s the best way to generate capital as a label and as an independent artist?

Are you interested in a duo? I’ll be the one who is always retarded high on drugs and occasionally comes up with lyrics/Melodies that retard normies will slurp up

Sounds like a deal

Attached: 1651069661162.jpg (640x640, 48.38K)