Any of you made it as a day trader?

larpers welcome
seems kind of cringe from what ive seen on youtube but for poorfags like me it might be the only way to escape the wage cage.
got a few months on my hands, some money, willing to burn it.

Attached: 0846584064065406540.png (972x612, 157.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

coinsbank.cruises
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I made $1.5 million on robinhood options in 2017 on a yolo bet before they fixed the infinite money bug and never day traded again.

lol what happened

>the only way to escape the wage cage.
Its hard work to be a trader and it takes years to get good at it.
Some people arent made for it tho and will never turn a profit.

i know a few guys who claim to have made it but i havent seen actual proof over longer term except one guy but he did it with forex. i do know the stats for retail day traders and they are horrendous. its like 98% lose and for all retail traders its 95 or so. for amerfats its much better because regulation prohibits them of gambling their money away on high leverage.
i am guite succesful in swing trading, and i know a fair few who are too but only those of us who did it for a long long time or had considerable captial can live of it alone. this is because you always can have bad years, so you cant rely on monthly income from trading. you also eat away your capital. so swing trading for retail is a good way to get rich slowly but you need to learn it first. im not gonna say how but if you have the will and persistance you gonna eventually find out how it works

yes for me it was an incredible hard journey too to become profitable. its actually not very difficult but because of how the industry is set up and because ofthe personality most have that are attracted by this industry it is for most a very hard journey. i blew my account several times and was considering roping myself at least a dozen times. 3 very hard years

>Its hard work to be a trader and it takes years to get good at it.
i consider myself smarter than most people, ive made money in other places people are expected to lose in the past.
but i also know that those who are day trading are in the upper echelons of whatever global bell curve exists and im a massive noob with charts, im willing to give it a try though, plus im not really looking to make a long term career switch but rather i want to day trade to learn some strategies i can later automate.
i made money trading between 2018-2020 but it was far from day trading, was more medium-long term, basically trading news cycles but things changed in 2020 during covid once all the conferences were called off and shitcoin devs became desperate enough for $ that theyd tell even more lies than they did before, once shitcoins started doing things publicly again the strat stopped working.
basically youd just buy whatever shitcoin was announced to be making some presentation at an event, then sell it the day of the event on the expectation that it was going to be underwhelming. there were 2 losing months in 2 years.
also it doesnt actually work now, theres way too many shitcoins and the news aggregator sites are way behind, they used to be the goto place these teams would reach out to push their events.

i'm working on it.
so far the problem I see is capital.
I run multiple profitable strategies, problem is, they require at least 10k to 20k to be able to get a nice return over the year.
problem is, I dont have the capital so I get impatient and fuck shit up with leverage from time to time, except each time I underestimate the drawdown amplified by leverage.
the only times I could trade in peace was when I worked a day job at the same time. its like running a mean reversion strategy with a nice fixed income (thats your job) and running actual trading strategies with appropriate bet size.

the only way out of this is to find capital (and to run profitable strategies obviously).

day trading is fucking hard and its not the same as swing trading. swing trading can be easily automated too.
I recommend you stay out of day trading until you can trade larger (multiple weeks long) swings without leverage.

there are different kinds of people.
some people learn the easy way, they prepare, they study, they are risk averse, they do everything by the book.
then there are people like me together with probably 70% of the planet, who learn through mistakes,
in trading, this can be a painful process.

those who persist, even if they lost a big chunk of money, still gain an insight as long as they are ready to accept the insight and to work on it.
when (not if) you fuck it up during the process, you have to keep going if you want to succeed.
profitable traders are still here because they persist in "getting it" in some form, through mistakes and effort to avoid them those same mistakes in the future.

Biggest lesson for me is learn to get your life together first before trading. If you are a lazy undisciplined cooker slob you WILL fail. Of course I haven't worked on this and continue to piss all my money away, it is what it is. Wish I could get rid of this addiction. Honestly though don't trade if you're a chronic coomer

I do know that's it's possible to be a consistent profitable trader. in a server with a guy that has like an 80% win rate, pretty fucking insane. Picrel is his results from scalping ES yesterday and that's an asset he hasn't touched in like forever lol.

Attached: unknown_17.png (2558x1598, 257.39K)

>so far the problem I see is capital.
its a problem and a painful one at that. couldnt imagine how frustrating it must be to have strats you know work, that you cant follow through on.

I want to make 1% a day, but i'm scared of trying it. Obv i wouldn't invest as much, but still enough for some nice weekly returns

Attached: 1656333821372.gif (498x266, 2.43M)

when I started having good systems, I was executing them by hand, it worked well, I waited for every candle to properly close to make any decision (daily or weekly), it was disciplined.

problem is, if you are a poorfag, no amount of discipline will help you cope with the fact that a 10% gain is 100$.

when a 10% gain is $1000 or $10k thats more like it. helps being disciplined if you know what I mean.
poorfags blow up all the time because they dont want to spend time working for peanuts when they can have a day job and get more.

i'm not complaining, I know I need to get my personal finances in order. aka. get a fucking job. lol

maybe its like that guy said earlier, its something that some people just seem to 'get'.
im actually apprehensive about moving forward with any ideas given the volume of shitheads on youtube selling courses, guides, trading group access etc.
presumably they do this because theres a large enough volume of retards/losing traders out there who are desperate enough that they can make money on them and presumably, they arent making it pay for themselves. if youre a profitable trader and making good money, surely the last thing you want to be doing with all your time is dealing with a bunch of dickheads.
thats not to say i would ever go down the route of joining any paid groups, the whole eco system around the day trading world makes it seem like a massive meme

>i made money trading between 2018-2020
>but things changed in 2020
Bro please listen to yourself. You made money when the market was going up, then got wiped out in the first bad year. Please don't try to imply that shitcoin devs are any different than they've always been. You're just not as good as trading as you have deluded yourself into believing.

i dont believe in talent as in,
>just picked up trading and instantly understand what its about and becomes profitable in 6 months.
sure, there are people like that, but those are unicorns.

even a high iq has to study for a long time, a low iq person will have to study even longer.
then there is also luck, success is not linear. there are crucial moments of mental realization, capital acquisition etc. that change the course, but you have to be there, for them to happen. you have to put in the hours does not matter how fast you "get it"

many famous traders say that they are never really easy about it.
they are always at least a little uneasy about the thing.
its never really smooth sailing, no matter how much you try to think it is. there is always something that can come and bite you in the ass.
the best traders just get better at avoiding the traps. market traps, mental traps, government traps, tax traps, legal traps, hell, your fucking internet connection can fuck shit up

>Bro please listen to yourself.
i never claimed to be "as good as trading" as youre implying, im just saying it made money.
2018 and 19 was dogshit for virtually every coin besides 3 months in the summer of 19, the markets in general were shit in the run up to covid, for months.
i gave a pretty barebones description of the trading strategy and a good fundamental reason why it died out, it also wasnt some secret as there was multiple news cycle threads on here through the whole bear market. before covid news aggregator sites like coinmarketcal would be the goto place for coins announcing events and planned technical updates, look at the events listed on there now, their listing dates are all days behind social media like twitter and its impossible to track 3000 twitter accounts for one announcement every 3 months.
the news events are still a major player in the boomer markets, look at the volume spikes around the earnings reports, especially on mid to low cap stocks you can see a few days of volume spiking to 3-4x the normal volume theyd see in a session, theres a compounding effect from those who are actually interested in whatever scam company is releasing earnings taking up positions before and after it that attracts day traders looking for volume, increasing volatility further, which attracts more people. the same thing used to happen in crypto, if there was some rando conference in singapore where the eth foundation were speaking, the other 30 coins represented over the event would all gain interest in the market, as each announced their attendance people would start to take up positions before and during the events.
it wasnt rocket sciense. fucking hell there was literal 90iq niggers trading the "crypto cruise" events successfully, there wasnt much skill to it.

>fucking hell there was literal 90iq niggers trading the "crypto cruise" events successfully
kek
they still have a site up
coinsbank.cruises

I made $10 day trading but they got eaten up by taxes so I'm down hard