/XMR/ Monero General

Welcome to the Monero General, dedicated to the discussion of the world's leading decentralized P2P privacy cryptocurrency!

Monero is secure, low-fee, and fungible, meaning users can send XMR around the globe despite corrupt governments or broken financial systems. Innovative privacy features such as Ring Signatures, Stealth Addresses, and Ring CT ensure that Monero's blockchain is obfuscated -- In other words, the financial history of all Monero users is encrypted from the prying eyes of adversaries on a public blockchain, with transactions being visible only by a user willingly providing a view key.

Monero has also improved upon the scaling downsides of current popular cryptocurrencies. To avoid high fees, dynamic block size ensures that the size of the blocks will increase as the amount of transactions increases. Further, the mining network algorithm RandomX establishes that anybody with a CPU can participate in mining, preventing the ASIC miner domination that creates a high barrier to entry. Lastly, the mining network will be preserved by Tail Emission -- instead of the block reward falling to zero like with Bitcoin, the block reward gradually approached 0.6 XMR in June 2022, where it will forever stay. This constant linear inflation means the inflation rate will asymptotically go to zero while continuing to provide an incentive to miners to maintain the network.

If you still have questions, feel free to ask and a MoneroChad will be with you shortly.

XMR Redpill: yewtu.be/wq6w03E2DS4

XMR Stats: moneroj.net

USE Monero: cryptwerk.com/pay-with/xmr/

OFFICIAL WEBSITE - getmonero.org

WHERE TO GET MONERO?

>KYC:
Kraken
Binance
Bitfinex

>Non KYC:
LocalMonero
Morphtoken
Bisq
Kucoin
Tradeogre
Crypto ATMs
see: kycnot.me

>Mining
archive.is/TWOah

HOW TO STORE MONERO?

>Desktop
Official Gui/Cli
My Monero
Exodus
Feather

>Mobile
IOS: Cakewallet
Android: Monerujo

Attached: 1643875352375.png (1568x1188, 1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/ZGefPef.png
i.imgur.com/4c0uSE4.png
i.imgur.com/4lMKh00.png
i.imgur.com/maACmmT.png
i.imgur.com/E60JeMG.png
xmrvsbeast.com/p2pool/monero_nodes.html
reddit.com/r/MoneroMining
web.xmrpool.eu/xmr-monero-easy-mining-guide.html
monero.hashvault.pro/en/getting-started
supportxmr.com
pst.klgrth.io/paste/tzm4s
pst.klgrth.io/paste/bjbx3
pst.klgrth.io/paste/daxte
pst.klgrth.io/paste/ke2k8
pst.klgrth.io/paste/c7na4
moneroinfodump.neocities.org
moneroinfodump.neocities.org#MoneroIsUntraceable
moneroinfodump.neocities.org#MoneroReplacingBitcoin
moneroinfodump.neocities.org/#RecognizingTraceabilityFUD
moneroinfodump.neocities.org#CipherTraceFail
moneroinfodump.neocities.org/#MuhInflationBug
moneroinfodump.neocities.org#BuyAndStoreMonero
moneroinfodump.neocities.org#BitcoinBlackpill
moneroinfodump.neocities.org#ZcashBlackpill
moneroinfodump.neocities.org#PirateChainBlackpill
anarkio.codeberg.page/agorism/
monerica.com/
moneromarket.io/
reddit.com/r/moneromarket/new/
monero.com/marketplace
cryptwerk.com/pay-with/xmr/
acceptedhere.io/catalog/currency/xmr/
cakepay.com/
coincards.com/
monerosupplies.com/
pst.klgrth.io/paste/fs7ax
pst.klgrth.io/paste/8cunb
pokerggxmrvzecuo6afhucjwdljuve5eoavxdxdr6zedyejd6mvz5wad.onion
xmrpoker3icphjr7c6dgct3by44ph4xvxrds4jzwjkjh7h2owdf6icyd.onion
ccs.getmonero.org/donate/
magicgrants.org/funds/monero/
getmonero.org/community/workgroups/
monerochan.art/
youtube.com/watch?v=YQ_xWvX1n9g
cryptostackers.substack.com/p/bitcoin-is-not-a-store-of-value
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

PREVIOUS THREAD:

Attached: 162614854231641471.jpg (1298x900, 577.95K)

delete this and use the new pasta for fuck's sake

Exodus is closed source trash

START MINING IN P2POOL
>START MINING IN P2POOL
START MINING IN P2POOL
>START MINING IN P2POOL

P2Pool combines the advantages of pool and solo mining; you still fully control your Monero node and what it mines, but you get frequent payouts like on a regular pool.

P2Pool has no central server that can be shutdown/blocked because it uses a separate blockchain to merge mine with Monero. There's no pool admin that can control what your hashrate is used for or decide who can mine on the pool and who can't. It's permissionless!

Decentralized pool mining (P2Pool) is pretty much the ultimate way to secure a PoW coin against 51% attacks. When P2Pool reaches 51% of the total network hashrate, Monero will be essentially invulnerable to such attacks.

>YOU CAN NOW MINE IN P2POOL DIRECTLY FROM THE MONERO GUI WALLET!

If you have a PC or laptop:

1. Download Monero GUI
i.imgur.com/ZGefPef.png

2. Pick 'Advanced' mode
i.imgur.com/4c0uSE4.png

3. Set up your wallet
i.imgur.com/4lMKh00.png

4. Keep the default Daemon settings "Start a node automatically in the background"
i.imgur.com/maACmmT.png

5. Once sync'd, go to Advanced->Mining and pick 'P2Pool'. If you have a laptop or low-end PC (~50 kH/s) pick "Mini" pool, else pick "Main"
i.imgur.com/E60JeMG.png

>YOU CAN USE P2POOL-COMPATIBLE REMOTE NODES IF YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR OWN LOCAL COPY OF THE BLOCKCHAIN
xmrvsbeast.com/p2pool/monero_nodes.html

OTHERWISE SWITCH TO A SMALLER POOL, IT TAKES YOU 30 SECONDS AND YOU CAN JUST SOURCE A DIFFERENT CONFIG FILE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO FUCK UP YOUR EXISTING ONE.

Many inexperienced miners think that big pools give better profits which is not the case. Your profits in the long run depend ONLY on your hashrate, NOT on the pool's hashrate.

reddit.com/r/MoneroMining
web.xmrpool.eu/xmr-monero-easy-mining-guide.html
monero.hashvault.pro/en/getting-started
supportxmr.com

Attached: P2Pool.png (1568x1080, 888.07K)

Shit, forgot to update the copypasta. Yes, don't use Exodus!

as long as we got the warning in in the first few posts it's fine like this.
Reporting in
##################################
IRC- pst.klgrth.io/paste/tzm4s
Aliases- pst.klgrth.io/paste/bjbx3
Extras- pst.klgrth.io/paste/daxte
Nodes- pst.klgrth.io/paste/ke2k8
Mining- pst.klgrth.io/paste/c7na4

Attached: 1620261867754.jpg (1200x1145, 266.53K)

*****/XMR/ Monero General Info-Dump*****
>*****/XMR/ Monero General Info-Dump*****
*****/XMR/ Monero General Info-Dump*****
>*****/XMR/ Monero General Info-Dump*****

Learn more about Monero's key features and excellent future prospects, have some common misconceptions dispelled and discover the cold hard facts about Bitcoin, Zcash and PirateChain. Also featured is a noob-friendly buying, storage and wallet guide.

>Monero: it's what new Bitcoin users think they bought. Every feature, explained
moneroinfodump.neocities.org

>Why Monero is so untraceable: a rundown of the powerful stealth tech Monero utilizes
moneroinfodump.neocities.org#MoneroIsUntraceable

>The Writing on the Wall: Monero replacing Bitcoin as the new standard
moneroinfodump.neocities.org#MoneroReplacingBitcoin

>Breaking News: no, Monero still isn't traceable
moneroinfodump.neocities.org/#RecognizingTraceabilityFUD

>Vaporware: why nobody is worried about CipherTrace's magic crystal ball
moneroinfodump.neocities.org#CipherTraceFail

>Very Clever Math: how we can verify that the XMR supply isn't being inflated
moneroinfodump.neocities.org/#MuhInflationBug

>Pssst, wanna buy some Monero? Follow these simple how-to guides
moneroinfodump.neocities.org#BuyAndStoreMonero

>Bitcoin: The Original Non-Fungible Token
moneroinfodump.neocities.org#BitcoinBlackpill

>Why Monero is Better than Zcash: the "privacy coin" criminals won't touch
moneroinfodump.neocities.org#ZcashBlackpill

>The Lowdown on PirateChain: why this Zcash clone is considered a scam
moneroinfodump.neocities.org#PirateChainBlackpill

>LATEST UPDATES

- added Proof-of-Stake update to Zcash Blackpill
- added list of available desktop/mobile wallets
- expanded all sections with more relevant info, graphics & videos
- added easily linkable headers and sub-headers (link icon to the far right)
- added a new section about traceability FUD

Attached: TakeThePill.jpg (560x558, 65.5K)

The Jews fear XMR. Every time you buy XMR, the Jew screams in pain. The nosy Jew wants to know your wallet amount but he can't. Stand against the glowie Jew, stack your XMR.

The Jews cannot stop the parallel economy. You can live off XMR using gift cards. Food, stuff from Amazon, gas, plane tickets and hotels. You will never need to cash out your XMR. You just buy the things you need with XMR.

Jews have been kicked out of 110 countries because they're slimely subversive little fucks. Sam Bankman-Fried (born March 6, 1992) is such a Jew that steals funds from his customers.

The Jews hate people who own XMR.

Never forget what this is ultimately all about.

anarkio.codeberg.page/agorism/

>Help grow the circular Monero economy: buy/sell goods & services with/for XMR!

monerica.com/
moneromarket.io/
reddit.com/r/moneromarket/new/
monero.com/marketplace
cryptwerk.com/pay-with/xmr/
acceptedhere.io/catalog/currency/xmr/

>Live off XMR with Cake Pay (currently US only)
cakepay.com/

>or with CoinCards (currently US & CA only, UK, EU & AUS coming soon)
coincards.com/

>Monero stickers for guerilla marketing
monerosupplies.com/

Say buh-bye to Bitcoin and support the growing number of Monero-only darknet markets/vendors.

# = recently launched, exercise caution

>AlphaBay
>Archetyp
>Asur Market
>Chimera Market #
>Cloud Market #
>Dark Matter #
>Darkmoon #
>FilthyFellas
>Mellow Market #
>Pygmalion
>Retro Market #
Onion links: pst.klgrth.io/paste/fs7ax

Anonymously exchange BTC for XMR using a reputable darknet service

>Kilos
>Majestic Bank (exercise caution, possibly exit-scamming)
>Elude
>Infinity Project
pst.klgrth.io/paste/8cunb

>Poker Club: play no-limit Texas Hold'em in real time with 2-8 players over the safety of Tor with the privacy of Monero! No user account required.
pokerggxmrvzecuo6afhucjwdljuve5eoavxdxdr6zedyejd6mvz5wad.onion

>XMR Poker
xmrpoker3icphjr7c6dgct3by44ph4xvxrds4jzwjkjh7h2owdf6icyd.onion

>Want to support further development? Donate to the Monero General Fund or MAGIC Monero Fund
ccs.getmonero.org/donate/
magicgrants.org/funds/monero/

>Have a particular set of skills? Join a Monero Workgroup and (potentially) earn XMR!!!
getmonero.org/community/workgroups/

>Want more Monero-chan? Donate to the Community Art Fund
monerochan.art/

Attached: CypherpunkManifesto.png (1920x3246, 1.47M)

>The irrational exuberance of cryptocurrency investors

Irrational exuberance is characterized as a hype-fueled mania that causes investors to massively overestimate an asset's real-world value. In this delusional state, investors tend to become so smitten with expectations of greater profits that they disregard the assets’ potentially weak fundamentals and drink the proverbial Kool-Aid.

This then leads to them recklessly and repeatedly buying into whatever asset is currently rising in the charts, thereby triggering and/or sustaining an asset bubble. This bubble is kept inflated solely by the mass delusion that the market price is justified and will only keep going up in future, effectively becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy. Note that bubbles can last for years, especially in an age of easy investor on-boarding. However, when history inevitably repeats and the bubble bursts that optimism invariably turns into panic as the asset crashes back down to its real-world value.

In finance, the "greater fool theory" suggests that one can sometimes make money through the purchase of overvalued assets—items with a purchase price drastically exceeding the intrinsic value—if those assets can later be resold at an even higher price.

In this context, one "fool" might pay for an overpriced asset, hoping that he can sell it to an even "greater fool" and make a profit. This only works as long as there are enough new "greater fools" willing to pay higher and higher prices for the asset. Eventually, investors can no longer deny that the price is out of touch with reality, at which point a sell-off can cause the price to drop significantly until it is closer to its fair value, which in some cases could be zero.

This effect is often further exacerbated by herd mentality, whereby people hear stories of others who bought in early and made big profits, causing those who did not buy to feel a fear of missing out.

youtube.com/watch?v=YQ_xWvX1n9g

Attached: History-of-Asset-Bubbles-Past-40-Years.jpg (800x531, 64.61K)

>No tail emission = Bitcoin is fucked

Right now, at the current hashrate, miners break even on energy expenses at a BTC price of $22K. Post 2024 halving, that break even point, at the current hashrate, goes up to $44K. If BTC does not go to $44K, miners will be unprofitable and hashrate will have to drop (miners going out of business) to reduce the cost of securing the network, also reducing the security.

If you know anything about the power of 2, you already know that things get very big, very fast. If we’re 3 halvings into 32 total halvings, then the estimated break even point for miners at current hashrate going into the last halving would be:

$22,000 * (2^27) = $2,952,790,016,000 per BTC

$2,952,790,016,000 per BTC * 21 Million total Bitcoin = $62,008,590,336,000,000,000 BTC Market Cap

The block rewards shrink so fast that after enough halvings Bitcoin would eventually require a $2.95 trillion price per Bitcoin and a $62 quintillion market cap to sustain the current cost of $7.15 billion/year.

Even if these numbers were somehow realistic, can you imagine securing a $62 quintillion market cap on only $7.15 billion/year of hashrate? LOL.

And that’s assuming energy costs do not increase at all over the next 120 years, which they will.

So basically BTC mining will eventually become so unprofitable the hashrate (network security) will shrivel up UNLESS it is subsidized by BTC transaction fees.

cryptostackers.substack.com/p/bitcoin-is-not-a-store-of-value

Attached: BTC-halving.jpg (550x1198, 267.21K)

the reliance on centralized exchanges is an issue. what is being done about this? bisq is great as its the only decentralized on ramp for us dollars i know of, but it's a bit different and maybe difficult for some people to wrap their heads around. some more conventional dexes would be good too.

perhaps this is more an issue of the dexes themselves not supporting monero, maybe monero is weird and some way and compatibility with existing dexes would be a hassle to work out. i don't know i'm just guessing. but the most important privacy coin relying almost entirely on centralized exchanges is not good.

the centralized exchanges many of them will cuck themselves to regulators even before a regulation is passed its disgusting.

for me, a guy who refuses to ever use centralized exchanges, bisq is my only option. and it will take me hours if not days to figure out how it works and i'm lazy.

for a guy with some bitcoins who just wants to buy some monero without using a cex and without having to learn how some complicated stuff like bisq works there aren't many options. no point in calling me a retard, i already know i am one.

monero is important as the other privacy coins make compromises. i want to make clear i'm not fudding in any way or concern trolling. without monero the whole space is pretty much fucked and the dream of crypto is dead

So let me try to understand, comparatively.....
Ethereum is basically now like Facebook/Twitter/YouTube, in terms of acceptance and backing? And Monero is like.... the Kiwifarms?
What I mean is, have the big boys now decided that Ethereum will be the chosen one that will be artificially propped up (in the mainstream consciousness at least) as the socially acceptable CRYPTO for the modern world?

Attached: uncle jack.jpg (500x375, 19.8K)

the big boys are shady as fuck doing all kinds of illegal shit. when cbdcs get rolled out and cash is banned whats going to be their go to? the world runs on crime. the duopoly of monero is that the most evil and the most good alike will use it to either commit their globalist crimes or keep themselves safe from globalist criminal elite. this is the future of money, nothing else could be.

There are already 2 separate Monerocentric DEXs in development, and they in turn will be forked off into many more.

>for me, a guy who refuses to ever use centralized exchanges, bisq is my only option. and it will take me hours if not days to figure out how it works and i'm lazy.
>for a guy with some bitcoins who just wants to buy some monero without using a cex and without having to learn how some complicated stuff like bisq works there aren't many options. no point in calling me a retard, i already know i am one.

Just use one of the darknet swap services listed here:

Attached: 167689346266.png (696x1002, 208.66K)

great answer thankyou i am satiated

I replied in the other thread, but just watch the videos, it makes sense.

need a monerochan version

Attached: JunTogawa.png (968x702, 726.15K)