Gen 3

Not quite to gen 1's level but still easily the 2nd best roster.

Attached: gen3art.png (800x1434, 1.24M)

What I like about Gen 3's Dex is that the Pokemon felt very much like Pokemon. Gens 4 and 5 started to take me out of it.

Gen 3 mons looked like plastic toys to me the first time i saw them.

Still better than the abominations of later gens.

it's a good dex.
it's stylistically unique but still fitting with gen 1 & 2.
gen 3 is the sweet spot where the total Pokemon feels like the perfect amount.

Agreed

1 >>> 3 > 5 > 2 > 4 > 6 > 7 > 8

I miss gens with big dexes

Although gen 2 is the one made thinking about toys

Based. For me its 1>3>2>6>7>5>4>8

When I see this, I feel "soul".

1 > 7 > 3 > 2 > 4 > 6 > 5 > 8

I kinda hate Hoenn. It’s like a playdoh looking version of Kanto. A few do shine though like Beautifly/Dustox, Torkoal, Altaria, Tropius, Metagross, and all the legendaries.

Genwunner here. This post has my blessing

They’re my family.

Attached: 7F5318DB-9474-4CB8-B216-A3DD55985499.png (600x491, 196.98K)

5>3>7>1>6>8>2>4

Holy soul.

I like how colorful the Dex is. It feels weird that the very next Gen it became mostly blue, black, purple, and grey. I also like the fact that it has a lot of cute Pokemon (Numel, Wailmer, Gulpin, Whiscash, Cacnea, etc.) yet doesn't overdo it like Johto. It also has a few tough-looking/edgy Pokemon, but not as many as Sinnoh and Unova. In that sense it's like a sweet spot between Gen 2 on one side and Gen 4 and 5 on the other.

I actually like the gen 3 dex more (it’s my absolute favourite) but I can definitely appreciate that the gen 1 dex is the most iconic and probably the best for most people, for me it’s probably tied for second with gen 5

this is when the artwork became soulless

The last good generation.

Haha no.

Ugly starters. Whole dex is shitmons except for Gardevoir all the way up to Salamence. It's a trainwreck of a generation. Almost killed the entire franchise. No amount of nostalgia can change that.