Imagine these two games but with actual pokemon selection

Imagine these two games but with actual pokemon selection
Would they be the best?

Attached: 1647997398257.jpg (739x415, 59.41K)

No i like my team of johto shitmons

>pokemon but with zero exploration, a hilariously short campaign, dogshit character designs, and annoyingly slow battles
no

The limited selection is a big part of why they are challenging and their challenge is a big part of why people praise them at all, as it's one of their only qualities outside the battle animations.
So, I don't know.

but enough about X and Y

>dogshit character designs
nah, that's one of it's best assets

Attached: dccfgvq-6f6bd9bb-9f9d-4c2a-a62a-f8c2b8a9dc7c.png (937x764, 790.32K)

>The limited selection is a big part of why they are challenging
unless you have > 50 IQ and you just beat everything with the same 2 pokemon the entire game which the most efficient strategy in literally every pokemon game

So every modern Pokémon game then

But pokémon has been like this since Gen IV.

?
Sinnoh was the largest region yet when it came out and it featured so much "exploration" that people got sick of getting lost in HM hell mazes. It was the longest Pokemon game at the time.

Attached: 20190105_073826_IMG_0960.gif (1333x750, 930.8K)

XY took me 30-35 hours to fully beat
Colosseum only took me like 10 and that INCLUDES the retarded battle system where animations take 7 seconds to finish

For what it's worth, XG fixes XD's (fuck off) Pokemon selection. Even gives you two Alolan Forms Ninetales and Marowak, respectively to play around with if you want to.
>zero exploration
Just like XY, then?
>a hilariously short campaign
Just like XY, then?
>dogshit character designs
>calling the greatest pokemon character ever created dogshit
>and annoyingly slow battles
I'd rather have slow, fluid animations that have weight to them compared to the modern game's quick janky animations that look like someone playing with action figures.
>same 2 pokemon the entire game which the most efficient strategy in literally every pokemon game
Efficient, sure. But it doesn't mean you're playing it properly.

Attached: d96ct4n-aecf6c2f-cc1b-4179-a47b-cbc3dc339446.png (2400x2400, 1003.6K)

I took 89 hours to finish XY first time, precisely.

>half of Gale is still Citadark
>fights with more than 1 shadowmon still feel like enormous slogs

The selection for this type of game was excellent. The game puts more emphasis on teamwork than normal. You're saving Pokemon, not trying to build some ultimate team.

He's talking about the GC games not XY

Exactly.

Are there mod tools available for streamlined Poke Spot encounters/trainer/Shadow modifying yet or are these two just so neglected that doesn't exist?

Because all the HM hell mazes were filled with was golbats, gravelers and machokes.

>Dogshit character designs
>annoyingly slow battles

Sounds like Sinnoh to me.

You make some decent points actually.
I personally loved the challenge and the strange new setting/region

>I personally loved the challenge
where