The specimen merely increases in side and becomes angry

>the specimen merely increases in side and becomes angry

Attached: 00-featured-pokemon-frlg-poliwags-pokedex-entry-and-evolutions.jpg (442x350, 50.39K)

>The specimen learns English as a second language
I will not tolerate any poliwrath bullying

average Any Forums user

Good thing Gen 2 saved all these shitty Gen 1 abominations.

And grew fingers, don't forget that.

I can point out the visual differences but this will be for naught as somewhere down the line another user will make this same thread.

>Saved
>Tacking on an aesthetically dissimilar evolution
Gen 2 sucks, get over it

Poliwhirl had fingers until RS, FRLG removed it.

Poliwrath is good though, you’d expect a tadpole to become a frog but instead it just turns into a bigger, angrier tadpole. It’s funny and charming.

It really doesn't change that much.
>Poliwrath is good though
The design is bro-tier but going from Water to Water/Fighting actually drags it down

>the specimen takes a dump on previously established patterns in a way that is extremely jarring

Attached: 23-20-15-1662432597828.png (610x358, 223.69K)

>How can we communicate that these two frogs are the same species?
>I know!
>Add a half-assed swirl on the stomach. And done!

There's no reason to get your jimmies rustled over a creature that has existed for over 20 years

I love polywrath much more than Polytoed
Love me a tadpole of frog all angry and badass with box gloves

It would be better without Poliwhirl. A lot of It Just Gets Bigger designs are like that because they have unimaginative middle forms. If Poliwhirl was something else or didn't exist, Poliwrath would be a lot better.
You can also see this with Charmeleon, Pidgeotto and Kadabra.
My guess is that GF decided they needed middle forms for balance reasons, but couldn't come up with good designs for them.

Nah, based type

>tadpole evolves into a bigger tadpole
>bigger tadpole evolves into a bigger tadpole, and it's pissed off because it wanted to be frog
SOULFUL

>My guess is that GF decided they needed middle forms for balance reasons, but couldn't come up with good designs for them.
It’s actually the other way around. A lot of two-stage mons had third stages that were cut to save data on the cartridge as has been stated in interviews and shown in leaks (for example, Gorochu). The Poliwrath line was just one that made the cut.

nah you suck faggot end your life

>Tadapole becoming a proper frog is taking a dump on the established pattern even though the established pattern was a tadpole that so stupid it failed to become a frog, (the ONE job that tadpoles have)
the absolute state of (you)

We know they cut 40 pokemon, and from leaks over the years we also know a lot of them were full evolutionary families of 2 or 3.
It's not like every single evo line was originally going to be 3 stages until the last minute.

It's not, but whatever.
Then why doesn't it evolve from Poliwag instead?

That’s what I said. I didn’t say every single 2-stage was gonna be a three stage, just that a lot of them were, like Pikachu, Zubat, Vulpix and Psyduck

The point is that it's a tadpole that never became a frog.
A 1996 pokedex talks about how it didn't become a frog.