Why do you play pokemon?

Do you strive to catch them all? Like to explore every nook and cranny of the regions?Enjoy the thrill of nuzlockes? Love competitive battles? Crave the sparkling noise of a shiny? Post it all here

Attached: pokemon_emerald_wallpaper_by_felixthecentaur-d5mevca.png (1360x768, 9K)

I wanna fuck em

fpbp.
fpbp.

I just wanna catch 1-2% encounter rates mons and play with them in-game and online.

Attached: 1-2%.png (489x317, 34.83K)

Comfy escapism.

Attached: 32i71q181s211.jpg (599x822, 360K)

Because I have nowhere else to go

Attached: meh b.png (800x601, 72.86K)

Pokemon is the only thing that i still follow to date
I got tired of every other series/games/whatever that i used to religiously follow and somehow i dont get tired of pokemkn

samefag

I never buy these games, but I do check up on whether or not there's any pokephilia stuff in them.
Some day, a Pokemon must finish what Latias started 20 years ago.

I like the classic catching mechanic and pretending I'm the Iron Masked Marauder. I like making a team to catch pokemon with low catch rates.

Attached: 437F7F39-73D6-4E68-9602-02B8D7997AC0.png (500x281, 167.89K)

I like taking my time and having fun with a bunch of Pokémon in every route before moving on to the next route/town, the bigger the Dex the better, stuff like the dexnav or kalos Dex kept me entertained for hours
>Enjoy the thrill of nuzlockes?
No, fucking no, who the fuck enjoys this

I'm a pedo who is sexually attracted to female trainers
And I like exporation I guess

Attached: 1633668310251.jpg (1422x2048, 424.35K)

nostalgia mostly

Attached: gigachadleaning.jpg (400x400, 16.22K)

I play Pokémon so I can pretend I’m a kid again, venturing across a vast unknown land, befriending mysterious magical creatures along the way. It’s really a mixture of
Everyone on this board constantly complains about little design elements like difficulty or graphics, and it’s not that I disagree with them, but for me it’s less important that the games meet the standards of the rest of the gaming industry and more important that these aspects are good enough facilitate what Pokémon does best: provide a sense of adventure and immersion.
The Hoenn games do this best for me personally, but I’m not gonna pretend it’s for some objective metric by which it’s a superior game. Rather, it’s little shit like the oceanic museum providing real ocean facts for those who give a shit. Like the hotsprings in lavaridge existing for no other reason than world building. Like the fact that they made something as crazy as a city of treehouses feel believable within the context of the Pokémon world. It’s always the attention to details like that, which have no effect on gameplay at all, that make me enjoy the games. I’m just simple like that

Attached: F878AB83-5424-41D3-B1FF-B315A6E03E62.jpg (736x522, 64.14K)

Catching them + level up. It feels like i am running an orphanage of 6 children willing to kill for me.

I like making a team of varied types and gameplay to take on the story with.

OP here, I agree supremely with your sentiment. Exploring the world is the best part of the game for me, and Hoenn's region design and worldbuilding is just incredible. I don't think any other region can compete in that department

Lol this is exactly the message sun and moon wanted to give you children.

Imagine them 60 year olds making a game where little children talk about rebelling to their parents

I like the idea and challenge of forming a team of 6 that has a ,if of special, physical and defense focuses that also have little or no overlap. Every member has a niche this way to me, feels more like a cohesive team.

>Do you strive to catch them all?
You can't anymore.
>Like to explore every nook and cranny of the regions?
All empty in every game.
>Enjoy the thrill of nuzlockes?
ROMhacks are better if you crave difficulty.
>Love competitive battles?
No, everything is powercrept to hell and back and every VGC ruleset is fucking garbage.
>Crave the sparkling noise of a shiny?
Unironic retards. Just hack them in.
>Why the fuck are you even here you bitter faggot?
Misplaced nostalgia.

Attached: 1621102284.popodunk_dancerlopunny_jpeg.jpg (550x843, 353.69K)

Funny you should say that because it’s how I made my latest sapphire team.
>Sceptile
Fast special attacker (With decent physical attack)
>Sharpedo
Fast physical attacker (With decent special attack)
>Torkoal
Physical wall (With decent offences)
>Claydol
Special wall (With decent physical bulk)
>Exploud
Mixed tank (Hard hitting normal stab kinda makes up for Sharpedo not getting physical stab)
>Sableye
All arounder (I just like him)
Plus I got 2 three stagers, 2 two stagers, and 2 single stagers, and the only type overlap is Sableye and Sharpedo both being dark, but I allow type overlap if they don’t share any weaknesses