Kanto for the first time

Despite being born mid 90s I never got to play Kanto. Which is the superior version to try? FRLG or Let's Go

Attached: images.jpg (554x554, 53.35K)

FRLG is the more traditional experience, Let's Go isn't nearly as bad as this board makes it out to be but it's a decidedly different kind of game, for better or worse. But you really should just play RBY, they hold up surprisingly well as long as you know to expect heavy jank going in.

LGPE. But I think both games are fine.

Play the original GB games then play FRLG if you're still interested
FRLG is good but you don't get the same sense of scale you get in the original GB games, for lack of better explanation
Play on an emulator with 8x speed if you have to

FRLG. LGPE is fun though.

Play both Yellow for getting all the starters and FRLG for a more traditional experience + better postgame
LGPE is a baby game

These, basically. People forget just how much RBY pushed the system to its limits, which is something that can only be said for gens 1 and 2 (and maybe 5). It had bugs, sure, but you could really feel how ambitious it was.
LGPE is something to play only if you want to replay Kanto but mixed with Go mechanics. It’s good, but I wouldn’t recommend it for a first playthrough.

FRLG since Pikachu surf minigame isn't in LGPE

depends on what you want
if you pick FRLG you get
>bigger pokedex
>sevii islands
>play as red like in the original game
>gen 3 gameplay meaning there is no physical/special attack split
>Pokemon breeding
>safari zone
if you pick let's go you get
>easier game
>a cute pikachu or eevee that you can pet
>play basically the same story as a new protagonist
>smaller pokedex
>mega evolution
>1 of your pokemon can follow you out of the pokeball and you can ride some of them
>completely different catching system
>relatively easy shiny pokemon
co
>can transfer pokemon from pokemon GO as long as they are in the LGPE pokedex
>you'll meet a younger version of one of the sun and moon characters there's also alolan forms

honestly my only problem with let's go is that the new protagonist that replaces red should have had his own story in a more modern version of kanto but instead all he does is exactly everything red did in the original game, meaning the red of this world just had an earlier completely different journey that we know nothing about

Attached: __pikachu_red_and_chase_pokemon_and_3_more_drawn_by_seijun__463fa661a4236f5c5f1563612862fef8.jpg (2048x2026, 668.21K)

Red and Blue

Whereas FRLG is a toddler’s game?

RBY>LGPE>FRLG

Yellow

FRLG, it's not braindead easy like Let's Go but has much better movepools than gen 1. That, and having island-hopping adventures in the Sevii Islands is kino.

LGPE sucks, costs the most and treats you like an actual retard, I'd suggest FRLG, easy to emulate, and there's some extra goodies at the end of the game too.
Like the other anons said though you can't really go wrong with the originals either. I was thinking of replaying Yellow myelf.

RBY if you want the genuine gen 1 experience, FRLG are decent substitutes with reasonable updates and quality of life fixes. LGPE are very different games that happen to have the same characters and story.

I'd say try RBY for the authentic experience then try FRLG if you find it too dated. If that still doesn't work for you, try LGPE.

>treats you like an actual retard
so like FRLG?

Why Poketards speak about consoles when they don't even know anything about videogames? Gen 5 is a piece of trash that could fit in a GBA. The GBA had better sprite animations and even full blown 3D monster battle games. The Nintendo DS had enhanced Nintendo 64 games, monster collectors with XY overworld graphics and first person 3D games, retarded gen 5 is a SNES game at best. Gen 1 is a NES game 2 decades after the console came out. Although its at least true that it pushes the autistic gameboy. The other generations that do are gen 6 and gen 7, gen 7 with the overworld too and cutscenes, but mostly the 3D models that are advanced even for 3ds. In fact they needed to remove triple battles from gen 7 due to that and there being the trainer models that made them 6 in total in a double battle. Gen 5 looking good for Nintendo DS is your poketard autism not playing other games not even on the Ds.

>LGPE are very different games that happen to have the same characters and story.
Except they don't, LGPE basically retcon the originals and act as if the Pokedex took a year longer to come out, leaving the original Kanto trio to have their adventure without it. Which isn't a bad thing, I honestly prefer it this approach to retreading the exact same story again. But it's wrong to say it's the same characters and story.

I was talking in very broad strokes. Obviously the protagonists are different and there are changes to the narrative. But fair enough, it isn't exactly the same story.

>RBGY
>Trainer-Fly your way to getting a Mew before the second badge
Even for long time fans, there's reasons to go back to the originals.