/nuz/ - Nuzlocke and Challenge Run General

Scraping by with 2 Pokémon left Edition

>What are you running?
>How are you running it?
>How's your run going?
>Are you doing a weird ruleset? And if so, what is it?

Question of the thread: Which game's Champion is the toughest in a Nuzlocke?

Challenge Run Idea: Only Gift Pokémon are allowed.

/nuz/ resources
Mostly outdated, but if I add something new it will have (Updated) somewhere in it. Let me know if there's something that needs updated if you have something to replace it with.
Nuzlocke info
pastebin.com/8b3rHGuX(embed)
>Nuzlocke generator
nuzlocke-generator.herokuapp.com/
nuzlocke-generator.com/
>Guide to running the generator locally
pastebin.com/etNFB00r(embed)
>Links to official games (thru Sw/Sh)
pastebin.com/hsJ0TaJ7(embed)
>Romhack links
pastebin.com/GzWfs9Bz(embed)
pastebin.com/GfJ9zhqx(embed)
>Definitive emulator info (note that OpenEmu is the best option for Macfags period as RBY through B2W2 may all be played on it and all run smoothly)
pastebin.com/HmVC99sZ(embed)
>Difficulty list
pastebin.com/vvwTEgwJ(embed)
>Pokémon Nuzlocke images
mediafire.com/file/sxu318m9an5ulbm/
>Pokémon Bank sprites
mediafire.com/file/ueadxvt1f52m0md/
>Pokémon Home Sprites
projectpokemon.org/docs/spriteindex_148/home-sprites-gen-1-r128/
>Additional templates
mediafire.com/file/vmfck3jdowgn472
>(UPDATED)user's Level Caps Doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZOwQ2MnzKF-fJuSGEkTUIenGbPoZymS6jYrY6zIbzkk/edit#gid=1752410600

Previous Thread:

Attached: JustBarely.jpg (2880x2880, 444.52K)

I took all of my Ultra Balls and Net balls, but I managed to get Volcarona. Might not use it, but for the bragging rights.
>Are you doing a weird ruleset? And if so, what is it?
Healing during battles is allowed, but only if the mon I'm healing isn't out front is my go to.

Congrats on winning by the way! Steelix is GOATED. Which mon did it hurt the most to lose?

Attached: Black 2 Bogaloo.png (1456x876, 593.52K)

Congrats on winning by the way! Steelix is GOATED. Which mon did it hurt the most to lose?*

Progress: Fantina has been conquered--word of her failure will cause her to be shipped off back to Kalos where she belongs. What do you mean she didn't originate from there--

With Surf unlocked, a lot of water routes were opened up, new aquatic allies acquired--Silencer got nearly wrecked by Gyarados on three separate occasions. She upheld her vow, and changed her name from Silencer, to Loudener.

Fuego Ironworks was a fun little diversion, got a free Flamethrower I didn't have to throw Game Corner money at, and now I arrive at Canalave City.

Next time: I ass-whipped the son, now I ass-whip the father, I guess.

Attached: diamvengelocke09.png (1095x779, 259.64K)

Havent played again still the same team Hope for some good catch on route 3

Attached: nuzlocke-e083cf3a-7383-4609-a606-3652dc65a5a7.png (1320x600, 682.56K)

Also there are my teams for older games after US will try to emulate the remaining games, maybe will skip lets Go

Attached: InCollage_20220427_105415978.jpg (1080x4180, 3.29M)

Goddamn I look away for an hour and the thread already hit bump limit and somebody already made a new thread again
At this rate I'm not even going to be the new OP anymore.

My fucking starter. Every single Run I've done so far has seen my starter not survive to the Hall of Fame.
>LeafGreen
Boxed Venusaur before the League due to his crap moveset. He did technically live tho
>Emerald
Died to a Gym Trainer in Petalburg. I didn't know Slakoth could even learn Counter.
>White
I lost the run at Elesa. Logically neither I nor Pignite made it to the Hall of Fame.
>HeartGold
I had to sack Typhlosion to get some hits in on the 2nd Dragonite. I also miscalculated. It outsped Gyarados (which I did not expect) and landed Thunder, Steelix had to finish the job.
I want my starter to make it, damn it!

More than that, I'm asking myself which run I want to tackle next. I'm torn between
>White, Round 2
>Platinum which I've never even finished normally (furthest I've gone is Wake)
>Ruby or Sapphire since Steven is a much tougher fight than Wallace. Guts Swellow can't just lay the smackdown.
>An additional challenge run on LeafGreen, like a Monotype HC Nuzlocke or something to that effect. That game went unjustifiably well for how poorly I played.
Very much open to suggestions at the moment.

Well fuck it, I'll just post this because I thought it was a neat idea
>Challenge Run Idea: Purified-Locke. Only pokemon that are available as shadow pokemon in the colosseum games allowed

Attached: 1637782486633.jpg (2200x1503, 585.94K)

Hmmm, do the pokemon need to come *from* colosseum, or just be the same species?

I'd just see it as same species, not coming straight from the games themselves. That seems like an extreme excess of extra effort. I suppose if you wanted, you could do the former for the most "real" experience.
But after thinking abut the limitations some people go through to nuzlocke the Colosseum games, I just thought it would be neat if one of the "limited selection of pokemon"-type runs took the Colosseum/Gale of Darkness options as the list of possibilities.

I'd say go PLAT. You've just finished a gen iv game why not another one?

Okay, It begins. I'm not gonna play much of this today. Just gonna pick Chimchar and get an encounter or two.
As I promised myself, I'm banning Gyarados. He's just too damn strong. He can't carry me through THIS run.

Attached: Platinum.jpg (2400x1080, 1.09M)

Fantina was tough, as expected. Getting through her with only two deaths isn't bad though, especially since I was considering benching Graveler anyway.
Maylene was a total pushover. I thought her level cap was 30 instead of 32, but even with my team being pretty underleveled she took almost no effort.
Also the Nuzlocke generator doesn't seem to work properly with Rotom. The default form's sprite gets used for all forms, and it tries to change Rotom's type despite all forms being electric/ghost in gen 4.

Congrats!

Good luck. I don't blame you for banning Gyarados. I'm trying not to use it unless I feel like I really need to.

That seems like a lot of hoops to jump through when you could just play Colosseum/XD. They're difficult games, but there aren't that many weird rules or limitations to nuzlocke them.

Attached: Platinum Nuzlocke 3.png (1170x1184, 249.46K)

What's a fun challenge I can do in gen 1 or gen 2 (playing on a PSP) that isn't a Nuzlocke?

It's looking good bros.

Attached: nuzlocke-a08127c9-f415-4981-8c7e-01469e40b90d.png (1200x600, 207.04K)

Great encounter rolls! Not too often you can even get both of those Legendaries on a randomizer team. Be careful with them though. As far as Uber-Tier Legendaries go, Mewtwo and Rayquaza are actually kinda frail. A random Groudon could mess things up big-time.

>Looks at Emerald
>Fucking Dustox
Did you...Protect stall Drake's Salamence?
Picrel is (You) user, I wouldn't have had the fucking balls.

Attached: Gigachad.jpg (680x763, 33.41K)

Shit, I thought Elesa's normal mode cap was 38 instead of 36. I guess I'll just reset, it's still early game.

BB2 Redux is fun, thanks to the user who recommended it last thread. I never played any of the later gens, so a lot of this stuff is new to me.

Attached: midgame banded guts flareon.png (256x384, 9.18K)

>
Put my Firered Omega nuzlocke run into the generator. Got all my encounters after beating rival but losing trapinch straight after catching it is going to hurt with Koga up next, hopefully Swalot can be useful in that fight. I can't afford to lose many more top tier pokemon I think.

Attached: nuzlocke-69c5a1a6-1863-4278-99d6-3a8a5936bbf0.png (1200x1342, 617.87K)

Unfortunaly she wasnt Very useful on the E4 but before she was pretty good moonlight and protect help a Lot but her attacks were pretty weak so she mostly toxic stalling

I think I need to just avoid trainer battles with Rangers. Have lost two strong team members to them now, first Archen, and now Krokorok. At least I caught a Scraggy on Route 18 as a possible replacement.