Now that Gen 8 is coming to an end, what are your feelings towards Dynamax and Gigantamax?

Now that Gen 8 is coming to an end, what are your feelings towards Dynamax and Gigantamax?

Attached: B81A6FBF-8246-40E4-B33F-9C6B9AA364C6.jpg (2048x2048, 688.09K)

i'm glad the embarrassment is over

best gimmick they’ve made so far because it’s not retardedly tied to items and it actually increases the skill ceiling in PvP.

also the gigantamax designs are legitimately good, I hate grimmsnarl and duraludon with their regular designs but their gmaxes are some of my favorites.

Not a terrible fan of the mechanic but I have a macro fetish so I'm obliged to love it on a conceptual level.

Dynamax trash, Gigamax Badass

They sucked.
>completely broken
>lore is dumb (they don’t even grow it’s just a projection)
>lame version of Kaiju fights due to the limited space the fight takes
>the one good thing thing (that all Pokémon) fails because some Pokemken get special snowflake versions while everyone one else just gets bigger

The OST used is kino but the gimmick sucked

Meh.
I feel Mega evolution was cooler.
But for a game mechanic it was kind of cool.

Personally I'd like to see it return but drop the GIANT side of it. Just have them be "surged" or something Press a button pokemon goes kaioken has the same effect as gigantimax without the giant looks.

absolute worst gimmick ever created

A stain in the franchise.

Cynthia and Lance look disgusted at how the hack anime writers forced them to use Mememax rather than let them Mega.

Z-Moves were more kino.

It has to be the dumbest most braindead idea both in concept and in-game.
FPBP except the embarrassment is only beginning, hats sounds even worse somehow.

They'll bring it back to the games before Z moves
>t.2024 user

Megas but worse

>Cynthia
OH NONONONO

Having no gimmicks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>megas >>>>>> z-moves >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the dobson button

worst gimmick so far, more forgettable than z-moves or primal

Same bro

As a dynamic it was boring.

But many of the Gigantamax designs were perfect for being treated like giant Pokemon (Nobles, Totems, Titans) being part of their environment and serving as bosses.

For example it would have been funny somewhere in the story if we had to climb a big tree to get an item relevant to the story, but when we took the item the ground moved and we discovered a gigantic Snorlax that went into combat mode.

Or for example that at the beginning of the story we were warned not to enter the forest at night since there is a troll prowling the area, and when we ignored that, the trees began to move and the earth trembled we entered a escape sequence (Dodging obstacles) and if we fail we will face a G.Grimsnarl several levels above ours, already in the postgame this would not be a big problem and from time to time we will be asked to defeat several of these enemies giving us the Trollhunter title.

I know that these ideas can be terrible, but my point is that the world of Pokemon has enormous potential, but it seems that the managers always take the easy way out.

Attached: 163fe13ed8a1ba61cdd6f5342f004447[1].jpg (1080x1349, 213.12K)

I liked most Gigantamax designs but as a mechanic it was pretty shit. At least Terastal has some slight element of risk/reward to it, even though I'm not a huge fan of the oversized "crowns"

i think allister is cute

I feel doing anything past Megas and Z-moves is retarded

Marnie tentacle raped by Gigantamax Grimmsnarl will never be canon :((

Worst gimmick so far. Too generic and results in some extremely busted interactions because it doesn't take up an item slot.