Get super jelly of the wfh techchads on here bragging about having an easy job doing 2 hours of work a day and earning...

>Get super jelly of the wfh techchads on here bragging about having an easy job doing 2 hours of work a day and earning six figures
>study CompSci and programming
>Find out it's a highly competitive field with huge burnout rates and rife with alcoholism
>4-5 hours a day is the cognitive limit for cerebral fields in a day, and even doing that amount of actual work in a day can cause brutal burnout if the pressure is on
>horrific stories of people burning out and not touching a computer for five years are common

Okay, so what else has Any Forums lied to me about?

Attached: 1661656666990297.jpg (400x400, 20.17K)

get on adderall it’s the modern investment banker field

The key is to pretend you are accomplishing more than you actually are

no doubt user. for every 1 story where user types 2 lines of code all week and gets paid $200k, there's hundreds of other people working hard to earn their bread.

This. Most everything you read on here is a work of fiction.

>dude just burn your receptors by wageslaving on pharmaceutical amphetamines

Okay well first of all no LARP I make $220k gross and have a stake as a marketing leader in a tech startup.

Since I work with a European company, I start work a bit earlier, but here's my day.

>online at 8 am, meaning I am drinking. Coffee and browsing Any Forums and chat
>lead a standup 8:30
>Couple meetings if necessary
>11 am, they are all logging off so I take a 2 hr lunch break
> come back and do high cognition work for 2 Hrs
>listen to an ebook about my domain and play with baby daughter
>another hard day of work complete

Sometimes if i have a particularly demanding task I will play video games for hours before having a beer and doing what is required

I literally outperform every other peer in my discipline in terms of effective output per week, leadership, and project management.

All while essentially working a 30 hour week.

Really smart people figure out how to maximize their brain output. For high cognition it's equal parts tomfoolery with actually sitting at the grindstone.

thats fair, but that's still a good amount of work more than most larpers here would have you believe. you also work hard in a different way to optimize your output.

based fellow gigabrainchad

bump

i did this for a long time and its very hard to figure out if i fucked my motivation up with the pills or if this is just my base level

>4-5 hours a day is the cognitive limit for cerebral fields
>me getting ready for my 28 hour shift in the ICU tomorrow
>t. Med fag

lol. lmao.

i do this as well. did not work one bit today but tomorrow will hash out 50% of the work i plan to complete this week. needed a break

analyst at a tech startup, 161k

You fucked the hormonal balance of your brain for years and you think you got out without any permanent damage? Nah, you're fucked and if you think otherwise then you're just in deep megacope from your brain damage

probably, i do prefer life without them either way, just wanted to chime in and agree with the guy saying it wasnt a good idea

Any field where people are earning 200k+ is competitive. That's how it actually works in the real world. Why in the fuck would a company throw that much money for 2 hours of work when they could easily find people who'll work almost 24/7 for that amount of money? These larps never made any sense from business perspective.

>just have to look after some sick people while chatting up nurses
lmao must be the least cognitive work there is, that's why you're doing shitty shifts

> lol, lmao
If you were smarter you’d realize this implies you’re not using your brain much at work.

>didnt pursue front end development

ngmi

>so what else has Any Forums lied to me about?
I was told that nft games like deo arena were a stupid way to waste time, and now I realize that it's playing 2 hours a day, like any work or gaming session

You need to git gud.
You are working at normie level not at autism level.
You really need at least a decade experience. Sperging over your field due to autism.
Then you get the job and realise everything is basic as fuck and everyone else is a moron.
There you finness you way into doing the same work load but secretly do it in 1/10th the time.
But you need to be capable to do so.