Amazon Merchant

Amazon used book merchant here. Ask me anything.

I'm following certain channels and groups that claim to be doing 1M/yr USD in gross sales doing online arbitrage.

Hows your business going?

Attached: photo_2022-09-08_15-45-19.jpg (1280x960, 340.32K)

what channels and groups have you found most useful in growing your business?

how are the comics sales this year? I've been trying to sell my large omnibus for marvel and they aren't selling at msrp even if they're mint

>1M/year
That's fantastic news! Congratulations, user. You're an inspiration to us all.

How do you deal with many book publishers being gated? Do you buy pallets of books and sell in volume or do you look for higher margin? How long have you been doing this? Do you ever source from thrift stores and book sales?

Is this real? My grandfather left us some comic books and they are going for thousands so is this a real thing?

>1M sales
>$10,000 PROFITS

>Negative growth when get audit raped by IRS next year

Because Marvel is played out, and also turned into woke SJW garbage. Nobody with two firing synapses to rub together wants to purchase that dogshit.

>doing 1M/yr USD in gross sales doing online arbitrage
what kind of profit margins is that?
also how does that work? finding a buyer that will pay X price and a seller that will sell below X price, then buying from the seller with the buyer's shipping address? Or buying it yourself and shipping to yourself, then selling when someone wants to pay more? Or doing like brand thing?
Feels like it's easy to get caught holding the bag if the buyer doesn't pay or refunds it, or scams you, or possible to lose money reselling if you can't buy a higher buyer, or getting snagged on hidden fees, but idk how this works.

Where do you get your inventory

Become an erotic fiction writer, shit is half assed but probably can make you money if you add in the right kinks.

What a disgusting waste of paper

are any of those star trek books actually any good?
i assume it follows the general star trek guideline of 50% of them are absolute trash

any problems with mold ?

i throw a bunch of old books away ecouse of mold

im going to guess one of those was your spelling and grammar book!

The Amazon Launchpad by flip4miles & field of profit. Regular FBA podcasts where people can ask the top dogs questions about anything.

I just started this, but I'm doing new books that I got for free as my initial step in.
But I have thousands of used books.
What kind of stuff sells? Who are you following to learn this stuff.
Literally just started. Sold 5 books.

But I have a pick and pack from another business already set up.

>gated
I don't know yet. I've come across several highly profitable restricted books. Might have to sell them off amazon.

>Do you buy pallets of books and sell in volume or do you look for higher margin? How long have you been doing this? Do you ever source from thrift stores and book sales?

Just started last week really. Thrift stores are my only sources right now. Luckily there's a lot of them in my area. Got at least 3 full boxes (10-15 books each) worth in a week in a half of sourcing every 2nd day.

>reported profits

I havent yet looked into it that much since I'm just trying out used books for now. However, in the bits that I did, it appears to take advantage of a few arbitrage apps that you set search terms/filters for to quickly identify profitable products from your home PC.

Thrift shops, garage sales. Going to look into library selling off old stock soon. Big chain thrift shops are really nice.

No idea.

As far as I know you could get into serious trouble listing a book as free unless you have permission from the publisher. I follow Fields of Profit on youtube. I haven't sold a book yet but I've scanned at least a couple hundred so far. The profitable ones seem to be Uni level textbooks, health/medical books, with some odd spiritual/sports/business books. Novels and such are universally a no go. Look into that youtube channel and consider using ScoutIQ for scanning, and InventoryLab (if based in US) for streamlining listing/shipping along with financial record keeping.