Anyone else become a Genwunner as they grew older?

When I was younger I was big into the whole "umm all Pokemon are great" thing. I think it was gen 7 where I really dropped that illusion. Not that there aren't neat things in later gens, but I find I vastly prefer the art style and world of Gens 1-2 over the later ones.

Attached: 1639127178659.png (597x522, 270.32K)

The only reason someone wouldn't acknowledge that Pokémon overall we're better in the beginning is if they are loyal to the brand over the content. There are Pokémon "fans" who worship the company and the social aspect of being a fan of the current content over being honest. Objectively, the first 151 had the highest number of quality mons, they had a few stinkers like the Hitmons, Jynx, and Mr. Mine, but they weren't enough to outweigh the kino classics like Charizard, Mewtwo, Pickachu, Mankey, Bulbasaur, and so on. Gen 1 was the best, if it wasn't the best, the franchise never would have rocketed into success in the first place.

I think Gen 1 has the best designs overall and is the best set of games but most of my favorites are not from Kanto

For me gen 3 have better designs

>The only reason someone wouldn't acknowledge that Pokémon overall we're better in the beginning is if
huh?

There are definitely good designs in later gens, some of which can fit in with earlier gens (though it can be a bit shakey with some). Thankfully if you really like a Pokemon it's easy to mod them into older gen games these days.

>Is that typo?!
>Uh oh, ah, I can't read something if there's a typo!

Attached: bCZwaWQ9QXBp.html.jpg (174x225, 10.66K)

Nah I became a Johtoddler. Love the Kanto stuff but Crystal just does it for me.

No Pokémon are real after the sinnoh dex it’s all fanfiction

The only gen 1 pokemon in my top 10 favorites list is lapras but I'm in the same boat. I think the series would've died if they hadn't kept introducing more monsters but a growing part of me thinks focusing on the original 151 with things like regional varients might have turned out better.

Gen 1 sure gen 2 no thanks thats when designs became soulless kawaii merch trash, beta designs were the real mons

The more I think about it the more I realize the best experiences were all from RSE despite its shortcomings. Nothing else captures the same sense of exploration, earlier games were too plain and later games felt like theme parks rather than adventures.

I'm becoming a bit of an hardcore purist, I've learned all japanese names and have internalized them to the point they came to mind before the english ones and am teaching myself japanese so I can play Red and Green without being at the mercy of the localization.

Attached: Pocket_Monsters.png (1096x1187, 2.21M)

This gen 2 design are so bad, steelix looks like a retard compared onix, kingdra is so shit the beta desing was much better, babymons filler, scizor should be diferent pokemon and not scyther evo

nah gen 2 had the best designs

nah your design is so bad and you look like a retard

LOL

Attached: gen2art.png (1045x1125, 1.21M)

I like Heracross and Noctowl. Maybe Porygon 2. That's about it.

more like nice

Nu designs with nu eyes heracross eyes are bad, beta was better with a mask

yep definitely my favorite gen

nah your design is bad

>shitting on Steelix

No, I think Gamefreak does better as they go on but only when they get to work with given time. Gen 1 definitely lacks a lot and actually I didn't hate it when they pandered to it infinitely starting from gen 6, but with time this made me grow more and more bored of Kanto

I find it boring not bad but idk how explain

SOVL

Wrong. I hate the current "inclusive" anti-white content like shitskin champions in white region, I hate how Gamefreak completely subjugated to the demands of TPCI and Nintendo and their money-thristy jewry. I hate how they donate more dozens of millions to the very jews and subhumans that made me life so shitty, my country so decaying and my continent
and race futureless, so there's no way I'd support them.

But objectively, the new ludic content is superior than the past, and by far, and in everything except the over simplicity of today. They're overall also still too low compared to competitors and considering theyre the richest ludic company on earth and still make PS2 games. But at least it's PS2, and not NES/SNES like ever before 2013.

>They're overall also still too low compared to competitors and considering theyre the richest
Thats the fate for being the biggest multimedia franchise

That wasn't even beta heracross, that was a pinsir evolution