Release one of the best modern pokemon games ever made

>release one of the best modern pokemon games ever made
>only update it once with new Mass Outbreak shit
>no DLC
>no future updates
>just let the game die into irrelevancy

Why is Nintendo so fucking retarded?

Attached: 71HYKF4rO9L._SY445_.jpg (275x445, 36.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-1tMDSDuK2Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because they need da money for da refugees. you must buy the NEW PS2 pokemon game that is coming this same year.

Arceus walked so SV could run. I wouldnt have it any other way

Attached: 122CDCB1-77E0-419E-9F22-A95A6568D81B.jpg (1066x805, 38.25K)

not realy, they were co-developed
only Gen 10 will be taking cues from Arceus.

>Nintendo
There's your answer OP

This, why are people so fucking retarded and not understanding how game development works

You say that, yet no other ongoing first party IP has the issues pokemon has. FE's been solid, Xeno's been solid, bingbing wahoo's been solid, zelda's been solid, kirby, etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=-1tMDSDuK2Q

I mean, we all agree that someone high up in GF hated this game, right? Everything about its release was bizarre

>just let the game die into irrelevancy
What kind of zoomer garbage mindset is this? It's a game, it was released, it's complete. Games now can't even go a month without constantly updating or they're "dead", fuck off back to Fortnite zoom zoom.

Pic unrelated?

It's a spin-off.
>but dey called it mainline!
don't care

>Nintendo
Why are YOU retarded?

That said, it is easily the best single player experience Pokemon has had in over a decade, if not longer.
We’ve already seen that SV is missing shit from PLA. Move animations are just as bad as SwSh again.
True, but honestly this is why Gen 9/SV should’ve been a 2023 release instead

But if they released 9 in 2023, then PLA would have had to be the holiday release this year and it might have actually sold well. How embarrassing would that have been

Why did you use a picture of Legendary Kusoge Arceus for your New Pokemon Snap thread?

>Move animations are just as bad as SwSh again.
This really baffles me. I don't really get it. it's not as if Arceus's more basic animations were tailor made to the pokemon or anything. They could have super easily just repurposed them. Why don't they?

Didn't PLA remove a lot of moves? Thats why then. Its easier to animate everything when you have less moves in the game.

The game was certainly a neat proof of concept. As a product it needed a lot more polish and it would have been nice if series-standard features Iike multiplayer battles and breeding had been implemented somewhere down the line.

I guess we will have to wait and see whether GF make another one, integrate more of its features into the main series or just declare, 'sorry, only Sinnoh has history and capturing without battling.'

I think the simple answer is that they just silo off their teams to speed up production, you pretty much never see new things shared across games they release close to each other. It's McDonald's style game production, they have a deadline and they just push the games out in whatever state they happen to be in come release day. And why not, every mainline release sells great

>SV could run
While on steroids in the video game version of the special olympics?

More like Arceus limply tried to drag the corpse of Pokemon out of the pit of mediocrity before SV dragged it back down