Historically has it been worth it to buy box sets of cards for the big 3 (Magic, Yu-gi-oh, Pokemon)...

Historically has it been worth it to buy box sets of cards for the big 3 (Magic, Yu-gi-oh, Pokemon), let it sit there for a few years unopened and then flip it?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 295.75K)

no

Nobody wants to buy unopened cards from a random guy when they could just buy them from the store for cheaper and know they're not fake or tampered with. You don't even know what you have so can't just say it's more valuable years later just because. Most cards you get in a Pokemon pack are bullshit starter cards and energy or whatever, that could be the entire pack with nothing else in it. So not only would it be garbage but it'd also be old by the time you sell it.

Just buy crypto, dude. You might actually get somewhere.

>Nobody wants to buy unopened cards from a random guy when they could just buy them from the store for cheaper and know they're not fake or tampered with.

What stores carry box sets that are that old?

I wouldn't buy the new boxes. They might end up good though tbf.

Cards form part of a diverse portfolio.

I like Dead CCGs at the moment.

Attached: All-the-Metals-We-Minedaaaaa.jpg (3120x1708, 2.17M)

I bought a box of modern horizons 2 last year for 250 euros, now you can buy it online for 190 euros through card game dealers or through amazon for 220 euros.

I think magic might be dying but I can't really tell. This is the first time I've bought sealed product like this. Magic just prints too much sealed product for an investment to really be worth it.

Attached: 81Ysfho9m7S._AC_SX425_.jpg (425x372, 33.77K)

oversaturated market, so no more chance to profit unless 80% of current investors vanish. there are millions of unopened product sitting in warehouses right now, and those will never sell, at least not for profit

>Pokemon
>a few years
Unironically the most profitable moment a booster box in Pokemon is valuable is when no one has the cards and everyone knows the meta. A few years means you’ll hold a bunch of cards out of rotation and only usable in expanded tourney play I.E. when no one wants your box bc everyone just wants specific singles that already exist.

Magic sealed product does very well like 85% of the time. They're printing so much and releasing so much now I can't say for sure but a lot of sets from like 10 years ago are doing amazing. We could be seeing over-saturation soon but I imagine shit will still do fairly well especially the really draft desirable sets

I think MH2 is being hardcore long term printed. Pretty sure they're still printing it right now as I type this. Once they stop printing it it should start to go up slowly over time. A lot off killer cards in it that are basically modern staples. Wizards is powercreeping the shit out of eternal formats now though so who the fuck can say.

Any Tcg local store in your area
Is pretty much your same strategy but as an official store you pay taxes but have a play base of fat cucks that will buy your cardboard bags

>I think magic might be dying but I can't really tell.
It is. People are getting massive burnout from all the tranny shit and powercreep. Its going down after this last milking of nostalgia with the new Dominaria set.

Guess that's the problem with my perspective; I don't have a dedicated TCG store anywhere near me. A TTG store like 2 mins from me but they only stock new booster packs which you can pretty much get anywhere. If I wanted to buy a box I could get one at a comic book store like 15 mins down the road, but again only new ones. There used to be a place at my mall that would have been my best bet but they closed two years ago. I've legitimately never seen old boxes in brick and mortar.

it's the next stamp collecting. you're way too late. even with wholesale prices, connections and insider info like alpha investments it's getting less and less profitable.

the big 3 are mtg, pokemon and xmen, retard

I reccomend getting sealed "specialty" products like this Metazoo x Ebay limited time lunchbox.

Collectors boxes from MTG. Mario Pikachu from Pokemon, The Eevee Mega Collection box, etc. Secret Lairs with a cool twist. I noticed that kind of stuff does slightly better.

Attached: s-l1600.png (1170x1207, 1.92M)

>Any Tcg local store in your area
Every TCG store in my local area is just inflating prices to what they can get off the web if they were selling it there. No one sane offers an in-store discount anymore when the majority of purchases happen online because people don't want to go to in-person stores.

Agreed, it has great staples like the fetch lands and cabal coffers. As long as the game holds steady I can probably make a very nice profit. But its very likely that they might print another set of fetch lands before these boxes have had time to accumulate value.

>is powercreeping the shit out of eternal formats now though
That's also something I'm worried about, but since the set is mostly known for its lands I think it shouldn't be too much they can power creep it.

My in-person store offers okay prices and the owner is a nice guy that's given me more than enough in loyalty rewards. I do agree though, why shop local when I can buy on eBay if the value isn't there? I can't afford to pay you for "sentiment" or whatever unfortunately.

hnnnngh all the low iq takes in this thread are making me bullish as FUCK. thank you saint rudy thank you!!!!