What are you actually supposed to do to trainers like Sabrina that use Espeon in Heart Gold...

What are you actually supposed to do to trainers like Sabrina that use Espeon in Heart Gold? It’s so damn strong and fast and it dwarfs all of the shitmons that you’re forced to use.

Attached: 6124D10F-3675-461A-B430-3ED15B270108.png (215x215, 25.36K)

>Sabrina
Sis, you’re literally in the postgame. Go catch a legendary instead of posting splash art on Any Forums.

>why does this postgame trainer use a fully evolved pokemon
this better be bait.

Use x items, noob

There's a whole ass type (Dark) dedicated to stomping Psychic, I hope this is bait and nobody is actually this bad

Skarmory and Umbreon can easily dispose of it. Kys.

>not having a Ttar by now
KWAB

Morty gave you the best ghost type move in the game 4 gyms in. Even if you couldnt trade evo for gengar youve still had access to gastly since the first gym and could have a haunter well into the high 50s at least that will 1 shot her entire team

>zoomers can't even finish HGSS
The absolute state of Unovabortions.

You're...struggling to beat a Kanto Gym Leader...that ISN'T Blue, in HeartGold? In 2022? Tell me how I know your first games were X and Y.
Well, putting my feelings aside, you have a few options.
>Remember that Red Gyarados? It has Bite, can live Psychic from Alakazam, and outspeeds everyone else on her team.
>If you set the DS Clock (Or Emulator Clock, it makes no difference) to night, Umbreon is a great counter
>If you started with Totodile, your Feraligatr should know Crunch, if not, there's a Heart Scale in one of the boats in Vermillion, just Dowsing Machine to find it while Surfing, then Move Relearner Crunch back onto him
>You should have the Shadow Claw TM (If you somehow don't, it's to the left of Mt. Mortar.) and Morty gave you the Shadow Ball TM. Both of those are good.
>You can always teach Return to your Fly HM Slave, hand them the Silk Scarf and go to town on her team. To level them, go around beating trainers with the Exp. Share slapped onto them (Since this is evidently your first playthrough, you get the Exp. Share from Mr. Pokémon.)
Hope it helps.
Bro the Unova games are way harder than the Johto ones. Ghetsis's Hydreigon clowned on me like 4 times, after I had beaten Red first try as a kid playing Heartgold (Black and White had just come out). My money's on OP being a Kalosperm.

Attached: Intimidate.png (500x476, 331.59K)

Typical kalosperm

>Bro the Unova games are way harder than the Johto ones.
lol
>after I had beaten Red first try as a kid playing Heartgold
No you didn't.

Throw a dark or steel type at it you fucking idiot. Umbreon, Houndoom, Scizor, Steelix, Skarmory, Magneton and shit even fucking Gengar would spitroast this dumb cat. Hell dude just use something tanky like Snorlax, Espeon is made of tissue paper. How are you this bad at the game? Christ dude they even literally hand you an Extremespeed Dratini. This better be bait.

>Ghetsis's Hydreigon clowned on me like 4 times
Fucking how? The only time a Pokemon game ever gave me moderate trouble was the Lurantis totem in gen 7 and Ultra Necrozma, and I still never wiped on either of those. The hell are you people doing where you actually lose in a Pokemon game?

Another psychic type like Slowbro/Slowking also fucks it up. OP must have a really bad team.

Lmao this Kalos child actually thinks Red is hard

This is why you were supposed to grab a Dark Type from the Safari Zone or evolve your Eevee into an Umbreon.

sabrina's espeon carries shadow ball, so other psychics aren't a solid answer.
but really, any physical attacker that isn't weak to psychic or ghost will probably just OHKO it.

My bad I didn't know we were talking about HGSS, I thought it was GSC.

Kek, dumb Kalosperm. Red is easy. Zoom zoom!

why is this pic so funny

Zoom zoom, Kalosperm, the Red fight is a joke, the Game gives you Lugia and Mewtwo, both at Level 70, not to mention you can easily get your starter and one other Pokémon (Crobat in my case) to just about 80 on Trainer Battle Exp. alone.
Look, my 9 year-old ass walked into that League with
>My starter
>Krookodile
>A Pidove under level 10 that I only used for Fly
and nothing else. And I still managed to beat it after the 5th try. The dumbass Gen 5 Exp. Formula barely lets you be overleveled so a team of 6 is actually the best bet in those games. Probably would have been harder if the game didn't GIVE you Reshiram.
>Skarmory
God that metal bird is so based. Why did it have to be a version exclusive bros? My favorite Pokémon in Emerald cuz that's the first game I had that would let me get one.

My starter was Emboar since apparently I just forgot to say that.

Why did they have to make 3 Fire/Fighting starters in a row?

Of all the Pokemon to struggle against, Espeon?

Use Feraligatr's crunch or something. Scizor is also an option. Or Tyranitar, since you're in the post-game.

>Why did they have to make 3 Fire/Fighting starters in a row?
Gamefreak has been creatively bankrupt since Gen 2. That's why most gen 2 Pokemon were just recycled gen 1 rejects.

I stomped red playing through silver as a kid, with only a shitty Feraligatr that only knew hm moves