Jobmon debate

Am I the only one who doesn't have much of an issue with "jobmon" starters? I agree that the themes could've been more subtle/less on the nose, but they don't get me riled up like a majority of people here.

Attached: FinalEvos.png (1600x801, 233.85K)

only ledditors who made up fanfics about pokemon being animals get mad about it

I don’t hate them in general but they feel more like one-off characters rather than living creatures in an ecosystem. Can you picture a group of Incineroar just hanging out trying to survive in the wild?

I don't care about themes really but some variety would be nice
Would it kill them to make one humanoid cereal box mascot they can shove in all the marketing, one waifumon for the coomers and one monster for the kaijufags or something like that?
When all 3 starters are basically identical it gets very boring.

Decidueye is the best starter and only Fuecoco has the potential to beat him but that'd be hard especially with how they fucked ghost tuphlosion

I like them more to be honest. Your starter gets their own little story arc alongside your own.

Charizard is the real jobmon starter. Throw a few pebbles at it and it jobs instantly.

Attached: stealthrock2.jpg (480x360, 67.4K)

I don't mind them as long as they don't look out of place in the wild.

Empoleon looks tailor made for an arctic setting but Cinderace looks tailor made for a fuckin sports stadium

Them? No. Rillaboom? Absofuckinglutely.

>level 5 chikorita.jpg

No I fon't care either, a Pokémon can be pretty much anything, I just comes down to if I think it looks good.

I wouldn't mind "jobmons" if they looked cool. These designs are just too shit for me.

Pretty much this. I cant see shit Blaziken, Incineroar or Cinderace lving in the world

The idea of an entire species only having one personality is kinda off to me.
Like, a Pikachu can have any personality, but Incineroar will always act like a heel wrestler.

heel wrestler isn't a personality user, there are many different heel wrestlers that are all unique

I was being general for the sake of not having a wall of text, but the dex pretty clearly outlines a personality for Incineroar.
>This Pokémon has a violent, selfish disposition. If it's not in the mood to listen, it will ignore its Trainer's orders with complete nonchalance.
>Although it's rough mannered and egotistical, it finds beating down unworthy opponents boring. It gets motivated for stronger opponents.
>Incineroar's rough and aggressive behavior is its most notable trait, but the way it helps out small Pokémon shows that it has a kind side as well.
Every Incineroar is violent and aggressive. Every Incineroar is prone to be disobedient and rebellious. Every Incineroar loves fighting strong opponents and has a sense of honor when it comes to not beating down weaker opponents. Every Incineroar has a soft spot for small Pokemon.

Meh it's not like personality is actually expressed in-game anyway, Pokemon are functionally just a bunch of numbers
There's nothing at all stopping you imagining your Incineroar with a different personality

still not worse thaN machamp, machamp has a fucking belt and boxxers

At least normalfags like H-Typlosion and aren't divisive about it.

Attached: Balan_Wonderowl.png (370x534, 109.75K)

They are animals, you disgusting furry/pedo enabler.

I don't have a problem with the "job" part, my issue comes in when it starts to feel more like an individual character you'd find in some RPG than a species. Or if it's like Decidueye and functionally doesn't work.