Pokemon Worldbuilding

This error from the Pokemon twitter really got me thinking. Pokemon lacks a lot of connective worldbuilding within regions. We know nothing about PokeEarth or what even the Pokemon League is. When I read this tweet I was excited that we'd finally see an official from the top of command chain, someone above even the champions weve been facing so far, but it seems shes just the chairwoman of the Paldea league specifically. I would really like for GF to delve more into how the world actually runs

Attached: chairwoman.png (732x367, 56.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pokemon.co.jp/ex/sv/ja/character/220907_01/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The fact its a national pokedex tells you what we have seen is a small portion.

champion-rank seems a more paldea exclusive thing, never seen it referred to before
probably to do with the school shit, probably multiple champ ranks in the region

Every region's League seems to be its own independent organization if Alola is anything to go by.
Though it begs the question of how the 8 gym and Elite Four tradition started.

>Pokemon lacks a lot of connective worldbuilding within regions.
Fuck i meant BETWEEN regions

Because connecting regions (more than the connections that exist) would make everything limited going forward, which is also why its a bad idea for the planet to be a 1:1 to the real world in the first place. It works better for the storytelling to have some degree of isolation with a few connections here and there, which is what most jrpgs do really. If anything pokemon has more connections than it should.

The site bio confirms she's just the best on her region.

Can't really build a world when the world inexplicably grows a new country every couple years.
It's not like TES or something where the borders of Tamriel are set in stone and we just see a different part of it each game, the Pokemon map is undefined and future regions simply don't exist until their debut Gen

>Can't really build a world when the world inexplicably grows a new country every couple years.
We're talking about pokemon user.

wut?

What you described doesn't apply, for multiple reasons.

elaborate

>You will live in the pod
>You will eat ze bugs
>You will adhere to the regulations and guidelines of a single, global, PokeEarth League

>Though it begs the question of how the 8 gym and Elite Four tradition started
user you already know the answer KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Champion rank has been a thing since like gen 5 or 6. It's the game's messy way of explaining how you can be Champion after beating the game, but there's still a different Champion hanging out at the end of the Elite Four taking challengers instead of you.

Really, Pokemon's never done a good job at explaining how the Pokemon League works, despite it being such an important part of the games.

>pokemon.co.jp/ex/sv/ja/character/220907_01/
Ok, japanese site only says Champion-rank instead of specfying within the region.

Its basic knowledge, really.
>Can't really build a world when the world inexplicably grows a new country every couple years.
This literally doesn't happen.
Regions aren't equivalent to countries. We know at least 6 where that isn't the case and they do not "appear" "inexplicably", its known why we haven't seen them before and they were always there. In fact that IS why its better that there aren't many details as to how the large world works.

>Champion rank has been a thing since like gen 5 or 6. It's the game's messy way of explaining how you can be Champion after beating the game, but there's still a different Champion hanging out at the end of the Elite Four taking challengers instead of you.
Do you have sources on this?

By design. They don't want to get bogged down with continuity. Leave that to nerds.

Why is it that we as 10 year olds can beat the league and become champion as seen in SM but we never see any 10 year old champions?

>This literally doesn't happen.
But it literally does. New Pokemon regions are never referenced in-game until they exist in OUR universe
>its known why we haven't seen them before and they were always there
Where is this ever stated?

Go ahead and explain in-universe why Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova are represented in the PWT but Kalos/Alola/Galar/etc aren't
How come Oak was unaware of all the Gen 2 Pokemon despite Johto literally being the neighboring region thats connected to Kanto?
It's because those regions literally do not exist in canon until their games come out

>its known why we haven't seen them before and they were always there
NTA but GF just doesnt try to mention any regions we havent seen yet. There were absolutely zero hints of Paldeas existence when Hoenn had released

That would actually be a nice twist, now I want this

Recent games have been including explicit references to the next region, so they clearly do exist in canon. There's no in-universe justification for regions not being referenced, only the out of universe "obviously can't include characters we haven't made yet".

Well sure. I could buy that the Indigo Plateau is the oldest institution. It's said to have worldwide renown in the Kanto games, written when it was thought to be THE League of course.
Being the oldest is a good way of reconciling the lore, explains its prestige without undermining the other leagues.
Iris.

>But it literally does. New Pokemon regions are never referenced in-game until they exist in OUR universe
Pokemon is not real user.
And no it doesn't happen, just because something isn't mentioned doesn't mean it doesn't exist. We had this rodeo with mega evolution already.

>Where is this ever stated?
It doesn't have to. It was shown to work this way.

>Go ahead and explain in-universe why Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova are represented in the PWT but Kalos/Alola/Galar/etc aren't
Because characters from there didn't go.

>How come Oak was unaware of all the Gen 2 Pokemon despite Johto literally being the neighboring region thats connected to Kanto?
Actual retcon, but the fact that Johto is right there should clue you in.

>NTA but GF just doesnt try to mention any regions we havent seen yet.
And?
>There were absolutely zero hints of Paldeas existence when Hoenn had released
Not sure when I said otherwise but ok.

She's 12.
Doesn't count.

I don't understand what you're even arguing user, you keep saying the same thing I'm saying but posing it like you're opposed

Attached: elmo.jpg (744x438, 17.48K)

Autism speaks.

Retard, the pokemon league is the league of the region and Paldea has a category for champions.

>I don't understand what you're even arguing user
Well yeah, the problem with text is that it requires reading. SOmeone who can't understand a franchise for kids wont be much good at that.
> you keep saying the same thing I'm saying but posing it like you're opposed
Probably because I'm saying the opposite thing.

Sword and Shield had split off Let's Go sometime before December 2017 and at that point it was just a starter town, a bunch of 3D objects where things were supposed to be, and textures from Sun and Moon. There's definitely long term planning, but by the release of a mainline game they only have ideas. That totem thing in X&Y only ended up being a cheap souvenir and the battle facility hyped up by the hiker was just a tree.

Attached: 1656427839060.png (273x364, 60.07K)

>Where is this ever stated?
>It doesn't have to.
So... its doesn't?

>Because characters from there didn't go.
Yes, which is what I just said. The entire universe is contrived around all future regions mysteriously not engaging with anything until they just happen to start existing.
Like Oak can appear in Gen 4 but Rowan can't appear in Gen 1

>Actual retcon
Yes, which is what I JUST said holy shit

>And?
>Not sure when I said otherwise but ok.
Your ENTIRE post is saying otherwise. What level of schizo is this

Its boomerfag, user.