So now that a week has passed and the honeymoon phase is ending for me...

So now that a week has passed and the honeymoon phase is ending for me, I kinda realise there is one thing I legit don't like about PLA, and it is how battles are for the most part completely unnecessary, even when you battle the nobles you don't need to go into turn based combat, it is actually optimal to never start a pokemon battle agaisnt the nobles because that way you can beat them faster.
Besides the few times the player is forced to battle agaisnt story related alphas, legendaries or one of the few trainers, you dont need to engage in battle at all in this game and when he does the battles are most of the time going to be one sided for the player because of items and a full team of 6 pokemon.
Even if this game has some alright battles in the post game like Ingo and Volo+Giratina battles are for the most even more simple than the ones from the classic games.
Yes I understand the focus of this game is catching pokemon and exploring the world but I would like better battles or that at least battles felt important to the gameplay.

Attached: battles arceus.jpg (640x360, 40.42K)

That is one issue amoung a huge sea of issues.

Shut up, the game allows you to play how you want to play, if you enjoy battles then battle every mon before you catch them. If youre complaining that theres not enough battles thats entirely a (you) problem

im just frustrated at how long it will take to complete the dex, on top of my full time job and other outdoor activites

Always complaining. Just shut up.

That’s the biggest reason I don’t like PLA, pokemon is about battles for me. Catching is boring

I battle a lot in order to fill up the dex.

It’s all they ever do, then they wanna backtrack & say they aren’t just doing it to complain. If that were the case they wouldn’t do it all the time & I’d respect them more for being honest with themselves about it. Also, they played it anyway.

Then play showdown chud

I agree, it’s so annoying. Honestly I don’t think a perfect game could exist. People will always find something to complain about. I just really enjoyed the game. There wasn’t anything I could pin point out. Sure I could look for things, but from what I played, it’s perfect in my eyes.

>I kinda realise there is one thing I legit don't like about PLA, and it is how battles are for the most part completely unnecessary
I don't know how you guys can say this if you played the game.
I heard about using heavy balls on alphas but for super strong alphas I feel it just takes too long and wastes a lot of heavy. You're better off just entering the fight regularly and using super/ultra balls.
I don't think there's any way you can catch pokemon without battling in Time Distortions too. Pokemon spawn in a group and instantly aggro, even if you were to try stealth catching them time distortions are temporary and stealth catching definitely takes up more time than just regular catching.

I dislike the PokeBall effective range mechanic. I don't understand why it ever just bonks them instead of catching. That's pretty much all I've got for complaints. The graphics are indeed ugly, but it never got in the way, so I care about as much as I care that my phone only had boring color options

yeah it's pretty dumb that effective range is a thing
the game should reward for doing sick shit, but I understand they introduced that so that you can't just catch shit from too far up, but it's still kinda retarded, because as long as the Pokemon loads it's that you're not that far away lel

That was one of the things BotW did incredibly well. It blew my mind that I could shoot an arrow way across the map and then go find where it landed and pick it up

I already beat the game and that is how play most of it until I lear how much more optimal it is to just use stealth and stun items.
Also I'm just having this realization about battles now that I watched people stop the nobles without ever engaging them on battle.
It is good the game gives you option so you can approach it with different playstyles, but I can't stop questioning of why would I play the game a certain way if there another optimal way.
And I like game, I really appreciate how it made catching pokemon more fun than the old games.

Lol this shit is out of hand now, it's been like this since Swsh made improvements to the battle system but now the entire board is just writing some revisionist history where battles are just some side autism thing and everyone that likes it needs to fuck off.

>why would I play the game one way if there’s a more optimal way
personal preference? “Muh more options” for players? Some people fucking hate stealthing and shit so they can brute force battles for captures. If you get frustrated that you keep aggroing it you can just say fuck you and engage in battle. Alpha blissey is a massive fag I want to grind for exp and it’s so much faster to battle and one shot with close combat than it is to jack off in the bushes repeatedly wasting cakes and leaden balls
Noble battles aren’t necessarily shorter without mons, if you throw in a mon that can one shot the health bar with SE move then it gives you an opening while the noble is “stunned” and you deal more with the balms

You shut up. There's no reason criticism shouldn't be allowed on this board.

its literally personal preference i hope you like exp all bc why would i ever play bdsp, swsh, or sm without exp all because thats the optimal way. why would i play bdsp without affection boosts when thats the optimal way.

Noble health pools are gigantic. The battle is definitely worth speeding things up.

Avalugg in particular. You basically cant attack him reliably outside of when hes reeling from a Pokemon battle.

The window to battle avalug was so small I kept missing it so I had to defeat it entirely by throwing balms in between dodges

You don't have to be here.

We chose to be here so we can tell you how annoying you are.

There are plenty of gaps between his attacks where you can throw balms if you stick towards the front of the arena. Electrode is worse in that regard.