The great poke schism is upon us, which side are you on? Are you a PLA chad...

The great poke schism is upon us, which side are you on? Are you a PLA chad? Will you swear never to buy an old style pokemon game again should GF ever foolishly make one?

Or are you a SWSH fag who loves playing the same recycled shit over and over and can't wait for Masuda to take another giant steaming shit in his mouth?

>but what if I like both!?
No. No fence sitting. The time is now, you must chose.

Attached: arceus.jpg (1400x1400, 105.14K)

>No. No fence sitting. The time is now, you must chose.
We aren't twitter faggot have some actual nuance

>unironically expects another PLA in a reasonable amount of time
i dont mean this as a dismissal, but how young are you guys? are you new to pokemon? anyone who has been around since G1 knows that the way GF operates is they're going to go back to the Gen 3–8 formula and shit out several more disappointing rehashes of that formula, ignoring people begging for another PLA the entire time

then they'll finally put out another PLA-esque game, but a game that is baffling for seeming to want to be deliberately worse than PLA itself. but it'll change the shiny rate or something like that and end up guaranteed sales because of autists

I'm part of the 3rd group, people thinking realistically and expecting gen 9 to keep a legends-like Wild Area in the usual formula of linear gyms.

sounds like shit

This, kinda.

I want them to take the improvements they made in PLA to traversal and wild Pokémon and apply them to a game that takes place in the modern world with a classic “become champion and complete the dex” storyline.

Doesn’t have to be linear though. I’d actually like to see them make gyms scale to the level of your strongest Pokémon, so you can complete them in whatever order you want.

>Doesn’t have to be linear though. I’d actually like to see them make gyms scale to the level of your strongest Pokémon, so you can complete them in whatever order you want.
This. The formula doesn't matter but the takeaway from Legends is that Pokemon was made to be open world. I at least expect Gen 9 to be on the same level as Gen 1/2.

SwSh sucked balls. I will pirate every Pokémon game on my switch, but I’ll buy a physical copy of the good ones to support good products.
PLA is a good product. If they don’t adapt the series to this model while adding traditional competitive modes then gamefreak is braindead.

PLA is worse than Swsh

PLA doesn't even have towns

>buying or playing modern pokemon games
lol

Nah give us Legends Unova

Ok, Listen to me, have a game with the same gameplay as Legends set in Fiore or Almia where the culture has changed significantly in 15 years and you play as a normie poor that barely had access to poke balls on the road to entering whatever the equivalent championship is there

I stand with Masuda. Fuck open world crafting

Yeah, crafting and being pressured to catch multiple of the same Pokémon are two elements of PLA that I really hope they keep away from games set in the modern era.

This. I'm expecting a sweet wild area next gen and not the garbage we got. Give me 5-6 isle of armor's and I'll be set

I know that you can just buy the balls eventually in PLA but the most reliable way of getting money is witing for the distortions or doing lots of research tasks so it's not ideal imo

There will be both Legends and numbered games
So, yes fence sitting

>PLA doesn't even have towns
Neither do Alola or Galar.

Ok shitposter

>Ok shitposter
It's not a shitpost if he's speaking truthfully about the games-- of which you clearly haven't played if you're trying to argue that SM/USUM/SWSH have any more going on than PLA does.

On the one had you have a point that GameFreak would almost certainly prefer to revert to their typical design philosophy, but I think things are different now. In the past Pokemon had no real competition in the handheld space, but with the transition to consoles they're no longer the big fish in a small pond. They can be directly compared to other games now and it'll change expectations for future titles. Already GF is getting reamed for PLA's graphics despite it being a huge change in what GF has shown themselves capable of in the past.

If they try reverting to the typical GameFreak formula with this new audience they'll be eaten alive.

>Will you swear never to buy
What kind of tard actually pays for Pokemon games? Just pirate them.