Anyone else slowly turn into a genwunner?

Anyone else slowly turn into a genwunner?
The more time passes the more I realize that Gen 1 really was the peak.

Attached: e8ec0364df51996e01581849e7dfc8f9.png (609x867, 449.25K)

I think I kinda do?
I started this board by thinking Gen 7 was fine, Gen 4 was garbage and Gen 3 was goat
and now I'm here with everything after Gen 3 that isn't Gen 5 or PLA (except remakes and shit) being garbage, and Gen 3 still being goat

Yeah thats how truth works. Lies dont stand the test of time.

I wish that was true, plenty of awful lies are perpetuated for a long time.

If Gen 1 wasn't the peak then the franchise wouldn't have survived. The first thing is always the best part of any story, franchise, or piece of media. Anyone who disagrees with this is either stupid or a contrarian. A New Hope is the best Star Wars movie, people who say Empire is better are retards because Empire on its own would be a nothing movie, no one would care about anything in that film if it wasn't for the masterpiece of the first thing that already won them over. If you're a Gen 3, Gen 4, Gen 5, Gen 6, 7, or 8 fan, and you dislike Gen 1, you are mentally retarded.

And yes, Charizard will also always be the best mon.

Attached: smugizard.jpg (500x334, 33.36K)

Sorta. I always told myself I liked all pokemon games up until ORAS. But looking back, the only game I consistently find myself coming back to AND finishing is RBY.
I find myself only ever listening to remixes from the first game, collecting merchandise from vintage era, I only really play GSC to get to the part with Kanto, and half the time I can't ever make it through Johto. I also don't enjoy the anime past the indigo league.

Maybe I was just always a genwunner. But I still actually like most of the new pokemon up to gen 6... just not the games or other media they appear in.

no

Attached: 1642033216272.png (640x2112, 1.64M)

That Reddit writing is so gay.

literally no one complained about this shit until decades later. If they were really such huge issues it wouldnt have gotten popular.

They have to write a bunch of nonsense to rationalize the fact that they dislike Gen 1 because it is the best. On a subconscious level every person in the world knows the Gen that had Charizard, Gengar, Pickachu, and Eeevee is better than the Gen that had Fursuit humanoid #815, but on a conscious level these people are faggots and they have to suck cock.

Gen I and II were made with Tajiri's original ideas and message in mind. Everything after that was slowly losing it soul and become more and more marketable.
I want jrpg about catching and training fantasy creatures with some deeper meaning hidden in between dated, barebone mechanics, not a crap for mass, made by soulless company to sell more plushies.

Sort off. I think what made Gen 1 special was the fact that nearly everyone I knew was into it, which enhanced the experience. GO’s debut in 2016 was the closest we ever got to that feeling again.

Why do some people get their assholes so chapped by retro games being held in high regard despite their flaws to the point that they set out on crusades to decry the games and anyone who enjoys them??

I swear you never see this shit with beloved classic movies unless it's some political issue. They always say the nu-sequels/remakes/reboots are shit except a small minority.

Go is still the best new Pokémon game. It currently has a dex of over 700, lets you buddy and walk all of them, has Megas, shinies, PVP, legendries. It's a shame that it isn't given more attention by serious players.

Attached: polteasip.png (145x148, 27.77K)

Why would serious players give it attention? Last I checked it was just google maps with a pokemon minigame. It's a novelty that wears out fast, especially if just the sight of a pokemon isn't enough to make you happy.

Don't get me wrong it was fun that first year and a half but I haven't felt the urge to pick it up since 2018.

>Last I checked it was just google maps with a pokemon minigame
Delusional cope. It has NPC trainers for battling, global PVP, raids. It's more of a game than either PLA or Sword and Shield. The only reason you wouldn't be playing it is if you were morbidly obese.

Nop. I never managed to actually play gen 1 and never will because it looks and it sounds like garbage. You know how people complain about PLA graphics and cannot play? I have the same thing for RBY. Thats my barrier.

Gen 2 looks and sounds much better, so for me thats peak. If only I didnt had to fast forward speed to actually play, it would be the best gen.

>Gen 1 is the best one and everyone who knows I am wrong is a retard hurhurhurhur theres no such thing as improvment

Mate go fuck yourself

The peak is what you played as a child.

>Le improvement
Hasn't happened. Every Gen is weaker than Gen 1. From the art direction to the gameplay to the world building and sense of discovery, everything is inferior to Gen 1. You only disagree because you are gay.

Attached: lol lmao kek.gif (540x304, 2.5M)

funny glitches that people absolutely loved playing with at the time, that spawned whole playground mythologies and websites dedicated to them? literally unplayable!

unironically this.

I sometimes pretend to be a genwunner to falseflag

I started to kinda become one when the sinnoh pandering started to be a thing, now i can't play games post gen 2 except for B2W2

always this but no one in the Pokemon fan base is self aware

Not really, I've known Gen 2 was the best since I was 9.