If they could just work abilities and held items into the PLA battle system I would be 100% on board with ditching the...

If they could just work abilities and held items into the PLA battle system I would be 100% on board with ditching the old battle system entirely in favor of the new one. It's an upgrade in so many ways.

Attached: 1615252146403.png (740x370, 329.68K)

It’s impossible to sweep people in this game. Whenever they throw in a new Pokémon that Pokémon always gets to go first. It’s so bullshit. My 30 level higher Garchomp doubles every single turn on their Shitmon but they always get a single parting shot in before they eat dirt. So dumb

>It’s impossible to sweep people in this game.
how in fuckland is this an issue

held items can eat my poppy anus forever
Never needed for single player experience except *maybe* battle facility autism
I only want abilities for the field effects cus I’m Even more autistic than compfags

No it's dumb. In addition to the stat buffs are overly simplified and turns not happening at the same time means there's no prediction or risk assessment in selecting a move.

Yep. This is utter shit. Worse, you don't even get a chance to switch pokemon before they attack. Instead they just revenge kill.

means glass cannons at best can kill one pokemon

I don’t get why all the exp is at the end of the battle with trainers
>trying to level ursaluna in the last few boss fights
>takes out their first
>sends their second in
>instakills luna
>now gets 0 exp for it

imagine the meltdown from compfags if they kept this system for online battles

It's cool that they mixed stuff up for one game but I'm not sure whether Strong and Agile style give all that much depth. IMO if this system had multiplayer battles I think Agile just devalues priority moves and Stong probably just buffs slow strong Pokemon? Agile also benefits moves that do 4x damage as the small penalty doesnt matter if you get to hit a Garchomp with an Ice attack first. It changes the balance, which isnt necessarily bad, but I dont think it adds much depth your competitive choices.

Another consequence btw is that, hav8ng the choice to lean into a Pokemons strengths in terms of Strength/Speed might be a valid directing, but it doesnt currently allow you to lean into defense.

...and?

the battle system sucks, you're effectively competing to see who gets lucky enough to revenge kill until the other guy runs out of guns

so they're finally living up to their name?

Lucky? There is no randomness in turns user, it depends on speed

Most pokemon would just keep choosing the same option that leans into their strength, except tough ones would pound with Strong until the HP is low enough to try and get a faster hit in with Agile. This idle how it would go 99% of the time. A defensive style might change that calculus and add some predictive complexity though.

The system is fun against the AI because it's so bullshit and unpredictable so it leads to tight and difficult battles like against Volo. But for PvP it would be a nightmare. If they continue to make single player only games then sure keep the system and add items and abilities back in

>old battle system sucked because it made speed too powerful
>new battle system makes speed three times more powerful but now things are great haha

>this is an issue
if you guys want to be spoonfed your win why do you not just play LGPE??

The battle system wouldn't be so bad if we had field clearing moves. Being forced into 3 on 1s while having access to things like earthquake, surf or Discharge would make it fairer imagine if the horde battles in the gen 6 games didn't allow you to attack multiple targets at once

actual orgasm if it happens

Good. Sweeping fucked up pokemon.

KEK

The action order feels so messed up in this game. I swear I've seen it completely ignore the table on the right side of the screen and give the opponent 3 turns in a row dozens of times.

>Pokémon attacking twice in succession
>upgrade
No. I agree that it's interesting for a spinoff like this and I wouldn't mind other legend titles but it just don't work for the main games.

... how so?
Maybe it doesn't work from le smogon perspective
but it's genuinely pretty fun and challenging, and might work in casual PvP too but we don't know yet because GF are faggots that didn't put PvP in PLA
I swear to god if you answer artificial difficulty-