/shw/ Shiny Hunt Weekend

Unown Edition

>What are currently you hunting?

>How are you hunting it?

>Previous successes?

>What missing Pokémon would you like to shiny hunt in a Legends Arceus DLC?

Useful Links

>Encounter Calculator (Up to Gen 7)
github.com/AngefloSH/PokemonEncCalc/releases

>Catch Rate Calculator
dragonflycave.com/calculators/gen-iii-iv-catch-rate

>Encounter Trackers

>IOS & Google Play - Pokétch: Shiny Counter
apps.apple.com/us/app/pokétch-shiny-counter/id1438600685
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.poketch.app&hl=en_US&gl=US
>Browser Based Shiny Tracker
shinytrack.night.coffee/

>Gen 2 Shiny Breeding Guide
noseclub.bluwiikoon.art/gscshinyeggs.shtml

>Gen 2 DV Calculator
psypokes.com/gsc/dv.php

Previous Thread:

Attached: Untitled-1442.png (1000x1000, 1020.92K)

Finally got myself a shiny croagunk in PLA. Now I only hope his ability is dry skin for the next game. Anyone know how to check that?

Attached: 1618576566777.png (600x690, 352.18K)

I'm more of a lazy shiny hunter in PLA. I just go for any outbreak I see and if I don't get a shiny, maybe I'll find one in the next outbreak.
That being said, last night I ran into my THIRD Shining Hisuian Sneasel.

There he is.

Attached: unknown (22).png (694x764, 590.44K)

after catching two shiny goomy in one batch last night, I woke up this morning to find I had won on the lottery (not jackpot, just £60) I decided to try another hunt, and got a shiny Growlithe in the first attempt.

gif is me right now

Attached: lepper.gif (400x226, 513.88K)

Grats user!

thank ya kindly!

trade it to someone with CFW so they can view the stats in PkHex and send the boi back to you afterwards, but thats a lot of effort, just go catch more of the same shiny, you'll surely hit one of the right abilities eventually.

planning a soul silver team, need advice
by advice i really just mean someone convince me a better hunt than a bug contest scyther
i mostly want gen 2 cross evos or just straight up gen 2 stuff

Attached: download (3).png (245x171, 14.79K)

Trying to hunt for a shiny Gardevoir in an outbreak. Up to 200 resets. Feels bad man.

Caught this giant gummy bear and a budew on my stream yesterday, had to get clothes to match.

named the teddiursa Haribo

Attached: shiny green.png (1839x1039, 3.11M)

two in one weekend? last thread hit bump limit in 24 hours
lets see how long it takes the touristfags to shit this one up with their 1/150 shinies

shiny hunting was so popular on swsh release we were making shiny hunt general threads during the week not just the weekend so no idea what’s triggering you now

The base Shiny odds should be reverted to the pre-XY rate to make up for wild spawns being way faster with overworld encounters.

Okay, I am officially a leprechaun.
Found another Goomy Outbreak while watching peacemaker, headphones on listening to the tv so not focused on the sounds from the game.

Then this happens -

Im naming it John Cena.

Attached: JOHN CENA.gif (270x152, 3.89M)

>Im naming it John Cena.
are you sure about that?

Was doing a growlithe outbreak. After however long I couldn’t take it anymore and i’m not sure shinies actually really exist. Maybe my party is how these mons have always looked.

pretty sure.
watching a show with John Cena, it came out of nowhere.

>comes and attacks you from behind to tell you "hey bitch, am a shiny, go get me"
Good name choice, attacking you from behind out of nowhere, that's the typical wrestler's move and you literally couldn't see it, his time was now.

I feel like shiny rates this time around are at a sweet spot where they aren't so rare that you'll probably never find one but not so common that you'll find them every 40 minutes. I know people hate the fact they're so "easy to get now" (especially when you max out the requirements with a full dex and perfect entries and such) but it's still really exciting to find them, and there's still very rare shinies to get like alpha female Combee. I dunno, I think it's more fun than ever to find them because it feels like a hopeless soul-draining grind when you're trying to breed for one and it takes too long and you wonder if it was even worth it. I never got that Sinistea...

Anyways, I got a random shiny Aipom a few days ago and then got spooked by a random shiny Lumineon, but now my friend and I are in a bit of a race to see who can get a shiny Duskull first so we can evolve it into a Dusknoir.

On an unrelated note, has anybody ever encountered a shiny during those balloon races? Pokemon still seem to spawn, so shinies do too, right?

Holy shit lol, not only is this incredible but how could you have the balls to play this game without sound when it's more important than ever? I always get paranoid I'll miss a shiny, especially when my friend heard the sound but couldn't figure out where it came from because it was a Petilil hiding in the flowers, and it would have been super easy to miss if he didn't pay close enough attention. I'm haunted by the idea of missing a shiny since I always zoom through everything when I'm in a hurry to get somewhere. It makes me go so far as to play with headphones.