Why does the difficulty level in this game feel so ____good...

why does the difficulty level in this game feel so ____good? has to be the way gym leaders jump in power compared to other entries

Attached: 61XjZ8DvaFL._SX466_.jpg (466x467, 50.09K)

I found FRLG one of the most player-friendly games here. Difficulty is not overly hard but is not piss-easy and VS seeker with places like Nugget Bridge and routes around Fuschia let you grind new team members very easily.
It's not perfect game - GF was trying to hard to play it safe and stay faithful to originals. But for sure it's one of the easiest Pokemon games to get into. It has even that actually phenomenal interactive help system.

Truly the HGSS of Gen 3 games.

I wish Erika wasn't so piss easy, and that I could use bros like crobat or espeon, but other than that FRLG is super solid. Always feels like I can try new stuff when making a team.

Attached: 1642264124404.jpg (512x512, 155.43K)

every game in the series except USUM and PLA have the same level of braindead difficulty so I have no clue what you're talking about.

Attached: ez.jpg (3189x1885, 2.21M)

>pokemon are super overleveled in all of these images
>none of them are of FRLG
huh? nigga? nigger even?

bottom left is FRLG and it's when it was right after I finished SS Anne.

this isn't the first time this guy has posted, he's a verified retard that must have just come back out of a coma or something. I remember these awful nicknames.

>why does the difficulty level in this game feel so ____good?
Because it's one of the easiest games and you're a pansy.

>TH-THE NICKNAMES!!!!
I'm sorry your favorite games are poorly designed.

Ehhh...
Honestly i find discussion about "difficulty" in jrpgs extremely pointless - it's to fluid and depends on your playstyle, choice of Pokemon and how much grinding you are willing to do.
"It's too easy" and "It's too hard" are both retarded answers and both are wrong and right, depending on who you ask.

Oh please, let me guess, your idea of difficulty isn't the gym battles but a single ebin superboss in post game? or is your answer USUM because of Totem Marowak and Ultra Necrozma? Spikes of difficulty in an overall easy game do not equate to the game being hard, it's just blips.
The levels of battles actually push pretty far ahead of you in FRLG (particularly the rival battles, gym battles, and rocket admins) hence why they have a more difficult curve.
>but pokemon games are easy
no shit, all pokemon games are easy because they are made with kids in mind, I'm comparing this game to other entries in the series

It really is a great game.
Only issue is not being able to evolve things like Crobat, Blissey or even trade eggs until post-game.
I get why they did it but it really fucks me up the wall because I like to trade over an egg of something not found in the region in place of my starter in subsequent playthroughs.
They'd probably be my favourite mainline games overall if I could just do this.

Look at the projection on this kid.

>nothing of note to say

Well yeah there's nothing to reply to.

You know there's no spike if you actually fight the trainers right.

Another thread ruined with gen war baby fights.

untrue in the case of FRLG, and I'm assuming that's what you're referring to. for instance, the first rival battle is against two level 9s in an area of level 3 Pokemon. second rival battle has pokemon near level 20 and you likely won't have anything at that level yet unless you have been grinding one pokemon only. Not to mention, trainers actually switch out their pokemon in this game from time to time, something far more uncommon in later releases as the AI has been dumbed down save for "special" trainers and battle facilities.

>untrue in the case of FRLG
It's very much true.
>the first rival battle is against two level 9s in an area of level 3 Pokemon
Which your starter should be either above or at most one level below.

>49562374

Attached: 1624316346745.jpg (2592x3834, 2M)

>(mid)-boss is stronger than random grind fodder.

Yeah dude, that's how it works. It's your first day playing any jrpg?

why would your starter be at that level unless you already entered viridian forest and came back(without switching pokemon, by the way)? did you actually play the game?
from what you're telling me, as soon as you got into the first patch of grass you grinded on rattatas and Pidgeys to level 10. and even if you did, you are still going up against two pokemon (one of which being Pidgey, so if you picked Bulbasaur you're probably going to get shit on).