The original anime under Takeshi Shudo is still the lens I use to view this entire series 20 years on...

The original anime under Takeshi Shudo is still the lens I use to view this entire series 20 years on. Nothing in the entire multimedia franchise has come close to this fully realized vision for the series. Pretty much every other piece of media is too far removed from Satoshi Tajiri's original intent of the series, getting too caught up in the critters and their marketability and battling, forgetting that this is a series about catching bugs, discovery, the wonders of nature, and the joys of travel.

The original run is Pokemon at it's best. And I will never take you seriously if you look at this post and can only think "reeee kanto muh genwun".

With the release of Legends Arceus, the winds of change are upon the Pokemon series, and it's the perfect time for the fanbase to start giving the Shudo anime the credit it deserves. Maybe by some miracle this masterpiece can become the framework of the series moving forward it always should have been.

Attached: 1538071301719.png (480x360, 233.74K)

reeee kanto muh genwun

Pokemon Go saved the franchise. There I said it

I agree to some extent, my biggest issue going forward was that at a certain point it stopped be a silly video game pitch anime and more a...well franchise. Like he games, the anime, and the like really took a shift that was gradual but notable around generation 3. Things like Brock being seen as potentially offensive the like all really stemmed from the franchise getting big, and we really only escalated from there.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't start enjoying the series again S/M, however. Not the same but markedly better in the silly stuff/having fun with it department even if it was stupid meme faces and references for a good chunk.

Fuck Satoshi Tajiri.

>le I played with le bugs when I was a kid :)

He had a good idea sure but he's not wholly responsible for the entire franchise. Pokemon has NEVER been better.

Attached: 1537811755544.jpg (638x480, 25.16K)

I don't think it's going to happen. It's a lot easier to convey that in anime but the 3D games so far are so stiff and still using abstraction. They always feel "off" in some way. I think New Snap conveyed Pokemon as living beings well but it's an on-rails game

Dangerously based

Yeah and USUM+PLA revived it.

Thank you based Iwao.

Attached: 1643465462650.jpg (800x954, 311.74K)

Kanto and Johto need a soft reboot. Hoenn is uncertain due to May's VA being out of the Voice industry.

>usum
>pla
>revived
You do know what revive means, right? There’s a whole item that describes it for you, you know.

This episode fucked me up as a kid

>Tajiri's original vision
>1st anime season
>similar in the least
When's the last time you replayed gen 1?

Attached: 1433954917411.jpg (482x313, 46.93K)

I don't understand how Hoenn is related? Hoenn is decidedly outside of Shudo influence.

Honestly we just need a new anime. Ashnime is good for sales and brand recognition, but it lost the magic a long time ago
A new spinoff series with a focus on atmosphere, and a decent story + characters would be amazing. But there’s no profit to be gained from it, so it’ll never happen.

Attached: 1BC1CBD4-BD84-4A95-8C36-B1277EDB3F37.jpg (735x1095, 232.66K)

pretending USUM is good now just because the PLA director did it

What vision can a string and ducktape gameboy RPG convey exactly?

>pretending
gen 7 was always good. ive been saying this for years. usum genuinely couldve been the best game if not for a few issues

>Actually really good tier
Original series, XY, Generations, Twilight Wings, Origins, Poketoons, the Bidoof short

>Goofy fun tier
Johto, DP, SM

>Eh, it's okay
Advance, Orange Islands, Evolutions

>Pretty bad
BW

>Fuck you
Journeys

Attached: 1642267989224.png (311x272, 140.61K)

Comfy thread?

Attached: 14111231.jpg (1489x900, 1.7M)

>Shudotrannies
Yikes.

Fuck off faggot, Kanto anime was perfection.

>Literally ANYTHING but shudo in actually really good tier
>Shudo outside of that tier
Mhmm, it's cringe.

The only logical conclusion for XY praise existing in the first place is people who have never even seen the most basic of shonens.

Journeys was the most fun ive had watching since the anime was doing the Johto region. I havent watched all of Journeys, mind, but it wasnt as boring and samey as most everything from Advanced onward

That's pretty much what the online shorts are, but TCPi is doing the bare mininum giving them 10 minutes at most

Every time Journeys hooks me in with some fanservice angle I tune in, am immediately greeted with the degradation of the anime, and don't make it 5 minutes in.

No content.

Journeys doesn't feel like Pokemon, it feels like an extension of the ads
Granted the anime always kinda was that, but now it's somehow even more blatant.

Making gen 8 an after thought really removed, forgive the term here, soul from the series.

>Giving money to one lady
this is beyond sad, even for simps like you.