What is the point of playing RB over FRLG?

What is the point of playing RB over FRLG?
What is the point of playing GSC over HGSS?

This is a genuine question. I have played both version and I prefer the remakes, but I often see anons here who detest the remakes but don't say why besides just preferring the originals (likely out of nostalgia). I would sincerely like some input on why, say, a newcomer to the series or perhaps a younger pokemon fan should play the GB and GBC entries over the GBA and DS remakes respectively.

Attached: 2458564723842.png (1215x1211, 2.41M)

The games are simpler and have such nuch music

>nuch
nice

i prefer the music in both of the remakes, less so in GSC/HGSS but i honestly really like the FRLG OST over the RB OST. music is pretty subjective though

If you actually get into the minutia Crystal and HGSS go in complete different directions addressing the distribution complaint from GS. So if you only plan to play main story and not bother with battle frontier+the postgame crystal CAN be the legitimate preferable experience.

Nostalgia.
I wouldn't recommend the originals to newcomers unless they somehow both love retro games and have never played pokemon.

One word: Soul

Attached: 1536967505064.gif (540x440, 66.98K)

what about soul?

Attached: a25872456df4538.gif (500x375, 54.8K)

RBY has more SOUL due to wacky spritework and trainers using whips. FRLG is inoffensive boring cartoon.

GSC aesthetics are sublime, especially the Pokémon sprites that are unique for both Gold and Silver.

That intro with the Unowns is pretty kino ngl

You play Red or Blue because the original glitchy game has a ton of fun exploits like catching Mew before Misty and battling Prof. Oak and also provides more challenge than most games that procede it from pure jank and limited movepools.

To play stadium, otherwise no fucking point.

As someone who grew up on all of them, I prefer the remakes. But the main thing I believe that keeps certain people playing the old games is the original battling mechanics such as certain types being special or physical not just moves, the special stat being both specA and specD, the speed stat being tied to crit chance, statuses being much more grievous, or other lesser things like original hyper beam mechanic, etc, etc.

There are things that I like better in G/S and there are things that I like better in HG/SS.
What I dislike the most in HG/SS is the fact that you can't buy coins at the game corner and instead you have to play the shitty Voltorb Flip to get anything is one of the really bad change. I much prefer the GB soundfont over the HG//SS soundfont for music, but the changes that I like are the better teams for rematches in HG/SS, Pokémon that follow you but that's pretty much it. I still prefer gen 2 mechanics over gen 4. I still have the same save file as over 10 years ago in HG.

I'm on the fence of starting over a new game or just keep playing on this same save file.
One thing is that there are events that I'll never be able to get back and my PokéWalker is long dead.

Attached: IMG_1333.jpg (3264x2448, 1.54M)

pirate chads win again
i have like 10 save files, cope buy cuck

RB and GS are completely irrelevant now. There’s minor arguments for Yellow and Crystal but otherwise they’re not worth it

This is a strange question to me. I think there's always some value in playing original games even if they have modern remakes. It gives a better understanding of a series' history, mechanics and evolution. Some people might also prefer the simpler graphics, soundtrack, or the old battle system (before Abilities, Natures, etc.)

Attached: Majora's Mask.jpg (2048x1536, 269.91K)

>What is the point of playing RB over FRLG?
Glitches
>What is the point of playing GSC over HGSS?
Pre-split Typhlosion/Ampharos

>the old battle system (before Abilities, Natures, etc.)
This. I like being able to catch a Pokémon and add it to my team, not being forced to catch five or six of them just to find one with a non-shitty nature and ability so I can actually use it.

pokemon games are made so even kids can beat them, you never had to go for a good nature on your pokemon unless you really wanted to, I didn't pay attention to natures at all when they came around.
don't blame the game for your autism