The amount of people on this board saying they should do away with online altogether in future titles fucking disgust...

The amount of people on this board saying they should do away with online altogether in future titles fucking disgust me. Where did you all come from?
This series would be nothing without competitive play. It's what revived the series in Gen4, what kept pushing the games to add new systems for building the team you want, and is ultimately what people buy these games for. What would even be the point of playing it you can't build a competitive team and play online eventually?

Attached: IyaPan-01_01.28_2018.09.03_13.27.26.jpg (1920x1080, 255.41K)

It’s contrarianism from shitters

>What would even be the point of playing it you can't build a competitive team and play online eventually?
To play the game and have fun

>what people buy the games for
nope it’s not
Your little comp community pales in comparison to mass amount of rpgfags and casualfags who play for the single player (or coop) experience

they're retards who somehow think PvP is what makes the games bad and not the dogshit gameboy reskin overworld gameplay where you do nothing but walk in corridors while mashing A against shitty NPCs and run in circles to find random encounters

>It's what revived the series in Gen4
Well being able to play online at least was. Crazy how the online set up has gotten worse and worse after it was perfected with PSS.

Y-Comm is better than PSS

How?

How? Because I don't need to add people to my friends list on the console every single time I want to interact with anyone.

How a 3DS game has better Internet feature than a console game will always confuse me

>This series would be nothing without competitive play
Competitive does nothing but hold the games back. Why should these games be dictated by a tiny subsection of autists?

>Competitive does nothing but hold the games back
name a single way it's held the games back.

>compcuck is an anime poster
typical. take a shower,

Comp would be more fun if people weren't so shitty & elitist to beginner players

Attached: 1644041450342.jpg (598x507, 56.44K)

Nigga PLA did fantastic for a game with no multiplayer beyond trading
Your time is up, competicuck.

So you think link codes are better?

i never play online

All compschizos should be rounded up and shot. You subhuman freaks have held back the series long enough with your autism. A single player game needing to account for multiplayer in its balance is cancer.

You have to find the right people. A lot of people first time with competitive is with some random on Showdown

Competitive is soulless garbage. All of you fuckers just cheat anyway and don't play the game. I'm glad it's being done away with for a REAL game.

PvPfags unironically ruined pokémon with their minmaxing autism.
EVs and IVs were never meant to be discovered and altered on purpose by the players. They were there to have variety so no 2 pokémon would ever be the same even among the same species, giving a subtle sense of personal experience and hereditary traits.
Now the series gradually adapted to your autism and it's too late to fully revert back without changing and deleting core content. Having no PvP allows PLA to be what Pokémon is actually supposed to be. Free of minmaxing, hours of breeding, external injecting, and most particularly, fanfic meta.

Good post.

While PvP is about as toxic is it gets. It’s an integral part of modern gaming and is Pokémon went away from that it would hurt the franchise.

>ultimately what people buy these games for
Evidently not. I don't think they should get rid of it but I wouldn't mind seeing it go, or at least get relegated to its own game. Why not just make an official version of Showdown that can be constantly updated with new Pokemon and mechanics, and lets you import teams from other games? Not having to worry about keeping that shit balanced in the mainline games allows for way more mechanical freedom in designing them. Stagnation for the sake of the competitive community is a lame fucking excuse.

It’s not like competitive is suddenly going to go away when they’ve been adding more QoL for it every generation. Shitters can cry about muh Landorus but it’s not going away

>Where did you all come from?
It's the newest Discord PSYOP.

>integral part of modern gaming
lmao
It's integral for the people that do nothing but play online trash all day, not people that play real games.
>hurt the franchise
No it wouldn't. PLA is beloved and will be far more healthy for the series than comptrash.

I'm going to guess the arguments are
>competitive took away huge amounts of resources from the story
Doesn't make sense because the assets are mostly the same anyway.
>something something legacy Pokemon ruining things
Also reused assets and most of those aren't in the story anyway.

It's easy for you if you get to make up the arguments instead of just reading the fucking thread, huh?

>Complain about competitive in the game
>Unable to enjoy the singleplayer experience because there is competitive
>Game is literally as easy as it gets, even if you ignore every competitive aspect of the game
>VGC meta is completely different from singleplayer experience
>PLA has no competitive and it really shows
>People want competitive to be removed

Why are there so many retards running around crying about competitive? It is literally the only thing you can do in the game after finishg the main story.
There is no harm for players when the game has competitive.

>natures and stats make me angry
>its so complicated and breeding takes forever
>im scared by numbers bigger than 10

Just dont fucking play competitive then. Tiny brain people running free and are allowed to voice their opinion. What a said time to be alive.

Attached: 1501589884701.jpg (960x954, 42.25K)

Having to consider the competitive aspects of the franchise drastically limits what the devs are able to do with battle mechanics. There can't be any significant or drastic changes because it would completely change how people approach it competitively. The changes made to combat in PLA never would have happened if the game had PvP. Whether you like these changes or not, the fact that they were able to make them at all is enough of an argument to do away with PvP, or at least take the focus off of it.

There's no reason for competitive to be put in a separate game because it runs on the same framework as the story mode and uses pretty much the same assets. Wanting then separated is just fucking over consumers.
>Not having to worry about keeping that shit balanced in the mainline games allows for way more mechanical freedom in designing them.
Do you seriously think the games have ever been well balanced?

How do low IQ monkeys like you even manage to breathe? PLA is fun BECAUSE it didn't limit itself to being balanced with competitive trash in mind.

>Level 5 pokemon have above 80hp
>Every move deals insane amounts of damage
>Your level 50 alpha pokemon will be killed by a level 20 pokemon with 2 moves
>Every pokemon is now a sweeper

Healthy and fun.

Attached: 1492081665282.png (554x445, 398.08K)

Everything 'new' about PLA is a mediocre imitation of better games. No reason to rate it over other open world action-adventure/RPG games unless you're addicted to seeing Pokémon. Pokémon's distinct gameplay identity is tied to its combat.

>It is literally the only thing you can do in the game after finishg the main story.
AHHH WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO STOP PLAYING WHEN I'M DONE WITH IT, I HAVE TO BE ABLE TO PLAY IT FOREVER!!!!

>Pokémon ever having balance in mind
lol

>He thinks the game is balanced

>AAAHHH IM FORCED TO PLAY COMPETITIVE WHEN ITS IN THE GAME
>IM LITERALLY UNABLE TO JUST IGNORE IT AND MOVE ON
>IM NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT MY SAFETY HELMET

Attached: 1492083070201.jpg (332x332, 12.82K)

>Your level 50 alpha pokemon will be killed by a level 20 pokemon with 2 moves
Thanks for making PLA sound even better than it is.

>There's no reason for competitive to be put in a separate game because it runs on the same framework as the story mode
But if you put it in a separate game then it doesn't HAVE to run on the same framework. You could have a mainline game with radically different combat mechanics but still be able to import that team over to the game with "normal" Pokemon combat and use it for that as well.

No it's tied to the monsters dumbass. The Pokemon are what make Pokemon pokemon. It's in the name.

Levels not mattering as much? That sounds kino to me.

So? PLA is just a shitty rehash of game and concept that came out years ago. Games like Fallout have unbelievable depth, where PLA does not and isn’t even pretty

You can play pokemon snap at any given time, if you dont enjoy jrpgs, but enjoy looking at pokemon.

>it's bad because I can't shitstomp everything
Funny how people complain about a lack of difficulty but then also complain when wild Pokemon manage to still be threatening despite a large level gap in your favor.

Let's do it the opposite way then. Different mechanics can be in side games.