Pokemon being a turn-based RPG isn't the problem

I don't understand why people fixate on Pokemon being a turn based RPG. It's like being annoyed that COD is an FPS or Mario a platformer; it's what the game is.

My problem isn't Pokemon is a turn-based RPG, my problem is that it's an easy turn-based RPG that railroads you down the same story and linear path.

All you have to do to fix Pokemon is:

>Difficulty; make a kid icarus uprising apporach where you can adjust the difficulty at any time.

>Exploration: Have HMs but without them taking up moves on your team (Rider Pokes) and have the towns/important locations within one large "wild area" so you can go and catch whatever you like to add variety to playthroughs.

Attached: Battle.png (512x384, 13.46K)

With that said, i've been enjoying legends or Arceus and appriciate some QOL ideas within it, but I hope we get a hybrid of new and old.

>wanting difficulty but not wanting to have to balance your movepool between battles and overworld exploration

Attached: HM haters be like.png (800x800, 389.16K)

Those are both good, but you're overlooking how long battles take to conduct. Notifications for abilities, weather, terrains, status effects, etc. etc. are too fucking numerous. Legends Arceus had the right idea in slimming that shit down.

Me too. Ideally held double battles, items, and weather stay. Terrains, abilities, Sleep, and Frozen go.

gym battles should be forced on set mode and lvl 50, with no items from either side and the gym leader having a slightly better move pool than what you can access before the fight. This way gyms would be harder but not so hard that reddit and twitter shit their diapers

>Have HMs
and just like the credibility of your post instantly went away.

I think they just mean let you mount your own pokemon like in let's go so you can feel like you're using your own pokemon to help you instead of the extremely detached and lazy mechanic of summoning a specific npc pokemon so they don't have to put in the work of doing the animations for every pokemon.

Attached: let's go.jpg (900x506, 306.15K)

>I think they just mean let you mount your own pokemon
like I said, the credibility of your post instantly went away.

>Have HMs but without them taking up moves on your team
>Retards still malding over HMS without being able to read
This is a good approach, HMs allowed for natural progression and rewarded exploration, something SwSh sorely lacked.

>and rewarded exploration
DPPt has less exploration than LGPE. Guess which game has HMs and which one doesn't.

Lol, no one's falling for this bait retard.

Both games are designed with HMs in mind, your point only proves that HMs can be effective.

>Both games are designed with HMs in mind
LGPE isn’t.

Do you need someone to physically squeeze your brain to get it to function? Think, for even just 2 seconds, about what OP is saying. Like actually. Look beyond the immediately apparent words that are being used and instead try to interpret the meaning behind the words, like most people learn to do around ~10 years of age.

He’s saying HMs should be put back in. Which is retarded.

This. There's no reason for the Intimidation notification showing multiple times, it's annoying especially in doubles.

DPPt has linear gym order but it has a lot of side areas to go to

LGPE has a nonlinear gym order and it has a lot of side areas to go to. Why should I want HMs back again?

>Have HMs but without them taking up moves on your team (Rider Pokes)
This is not the same as putting HMs back in the game you blind retard

>This is not the same as putting HMs back in the game
Yes it is.

LMFAO dude it's like you can see the words, you can sound them out with your lips but the actual meaning behind them just isn't apparent for you. Allow me to spell it out: OP is using HMs as catch all term for 'keys' that unlock the ability to overcome environmental obstacles, hence why he say (rider pokes) and clarifies that they wouldn't function like usual HMs. You gotta be underage there's no way people are this daft, it's like your brain just can't fire off the necessary neurons to make obvious connections. I bet if someone put a connect the dots in front of you and told you it was shaped like a dinosaur you'd think "What? No it isn't, it's shaped like a bunch of dots"
Unironically.

Attached: Oh.jpg (350x290, 67.23K)

Pokémon having minimal complexity to its battle system is a bigger issue. You can have turn bass RPGs with significantly thought out mechanics and complexities. Pokémon is mostly just 1v1 with the occasional 2v2. Pokémon are limited to just four main attacks, using an item, switching out, and running, that’s it. Even JRPGs from 30 years ago grant the player far more freedom and accessibility. Pokémon also barely makes use of status effects, multiple attacks from enemies or multiple enemies ganging up on you, and conditions such as terrain and weather. The battles start out almost always as a blank slate of sorts and then the conditions are set up. Enemies are restricted by the same 1v1, 4MSS, limited item usage, and condition-less battles that you are. Enemies rarely have inflated stats from the get go or multiple chances at attacking.
I am of the opinion that Pokémon should have significantly more complex turn based gameplay, with enemies that have higher stats, moves, etc. that exceed your own parameters (such as bosses having higher stats and health for their level like in FF, or using multiple moves and multiple turns, with possibilities of other enemies spawning in and having auto weather, terrain, etc. set up.)
Look at the first real boss of SWSH for instance.
Milo - Battle fought without auto weather, terrain, etc. - default conditions
LV 19 Gossifleur (with stats, health, and restrictions of the average LV19 Gossifleur) - Magical Leaf, Round, Rapid Spin
LV 20 Eldegoss (again with stat, health, and restrictions in place) - Magical Leaf, Leafage, Round (Max Overgrowth or Max Strike which sets up Grassy Terrain or reduces your speed but the transformation lasts three turns). Health is higher but other stats unchanged.
That’s it. You and the foe play on an even level playing field, with 1v1 turn based combat where you both have to make a single move each before the other can attack again. No weather, no terrain at default, nothing.

>OP is using HMs as catch all term for 'keys' that unlock the ability to overcome environmental obstacles
Literally every Pokemon game has this, so it’s clearly not what he’s talking about.

Eh, the game closes you off to many of these side areas when you get to them or roadblocks are set up to prevent you from fully exploring said areas. The only real flexibility you have with these games is the order of the third and fourth gyms and Routes 209-215. The game forces you down a linear chute. The remakes are especially guilty of this.

>Literally every Pokemon game has this, so it’s clearly not what he’s talking about.
>Literally says pokerides as an example
Reading comprehension reaching critical lows

And yet he’s bitching about lack of HMs anyway, so it’s clearly not what he’s talking about.