"But it's fun!"

But is it? It is really? If you removed the "pokemon" themselves, could you honestly say you'd be just as invested in any of these games, let alone the franchise? If that alone kills it for you, then you're not having fun, you're just swimming in recognizable nostalgia.

Attached: d6051b09a4083289a4fd2e32c7dd94c17a0c3481af24df5e921a3a74bf4054e9.jpg (250x250, 6.98K)

It's fun. Shitnnoh is my least favorite region and I hate most of the designs. I shouldn't be having fun but I am. I even have a Bibarel on my team.

>But is it? It is really?
Yes
>Without Pokémon it's not fun
Without a ball Football isn't a sport, just men running around in strange patterns for 90 minutes
What's your point?

why do you think gen 5 is good OP?

>If you removed the "pokemon" themselves
wow nice goal post moving

So you're saying that I would enjoy Pokemon less without the Pokemon???

omg my life is a whole entire lie bros....

What the FUCK are you even talking about? What are you even trying to say?

The only thing fun is having 6 alpha lopunny. Combat is okay, boss fights are ASS and I hope to arceus they fix the new mechanics to focus more on actually battling. it's a step in the right direction but also feels like just a tech demo that should have been bundled with BDSP

based child

Fun is subjective.

What are you even trying to say?

Pokemon is in the NAME why would you want to remove the Pokemon in Pokemon. Make it make sense.

What im saying is these games are shit, done better in every aspect by other franchises, and every time I see people comment "but it's fun!/im having fun!" they can't seem to provide any explanation beyond "it's pokemon".

Football can be done all the same with a different, similar in every way ball. But if you swapped out the pokemon we have now for say temtem creatures, but with the same gameplay, writing, music, etc, then suddenly there'd be zero interest. Ergo, no one likes pokemon for the games, no one's having fun with these games, they're just obsessed with the IP.

Why did you suggest removing pokemon then?

You might as well say "You probably wouldn't enjoy Mario if you couldn't jump" like no shit sherlock.

Bad argument.

>done better in every aspect by other franchises,
what other open world monster collection game can I play and how is it better? please tell me user.

Who exactly are you talking to? The voices in your head?
What you're saying is just the ultimate cope the average subhuman from Any Forums tells themselves to justify Pokemon's success. I play other monster catching games, and I come back to Pokemon anyway, and it's not because it's shit.

Then maybe just say that outright instead of saying whatever that word salad was.

“every time I see people comment "but it's fun!/im having fun!" they can't seem to provide any explanation beyond "it's pokemon".

Do they need to break it down any further than that? If you were to ask some kid the street why he’s having fun playing basketball, what would you expect him to say? That shooting balls in hoops is fun?
Why would anyone ever need to elaborate on why they’re having fun?

SMT
Better plot
Smarter turned based battling
Better writing
Collectible monsters have actual character rather than a handful of static animations to convey their """"""personality"""""""
>but open wor-
Pokemon isn't open world, they're open zones, just like SMT

>>” recognizable nostalgia.”

......so um, just nostalgia? LMAO wtf op? Are you ESL or something?

But I'm not playing Pokemon for the writing or plot.

How is removing mario's ability to jump analogous? The obvious parallel you're dancing around is removing mario as the MC, but they've done that before and people still liked it, almost as if good gameplay is the driving factor for a fun game.

>my definition of fun is the only one that matters!
>what do you mean you're enjoying it?
>stop it its trash
>ST-STOP
>YAMEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 436326161613.jpg (1000x1000, 75.92K)

>SMT
not focused on exploration or collection. no thanks.

That's exactly OP's point You're all praising a mediocre game because "it's pokemon" and that's all you care about. There isn't anything stand-out about PLA and we all know it, we just wanted our fix of catching 'em all until gen 9 releases

>no argument
that's all I needed

Attached: 1623828357336.gif (480x418, 118.23K)

Better question is would you still play Mario or Pokemon if it were on a Sony console. If the answer is no you're an addict and need help

user, all you DO is explore and collect, what are you talking about?

>Better plot
Literally no one likes SMTV's plot.
>Smarter turned based battling
It's practically the same with how you have to hit weaknesses. It's not even that smart it's just a constant back and forth of buffs/debuffs, healing, and attacking.
>Better writing
You already said better plot, are you just trying to pad out this list?
>Collectible monsters have actual character rather than a handful of static animations to convey their """"""personality"""""""
I don't think you've played any SMT game if you're sincerely saying this. The 3D animations of Nocturne and SMTV aren't particularly amazing, DQMJ is way more expressive.

Ok, I seem you're suggesting the brand is the only reason we play it. You had a really clunky way of saying that. And it's still a shit argument because I play other monster taming RPGs. I also don't give a shit about Pokemon Mystery dungeon, Ranger, Snap, Dash, or whatever other dumb fuck spinoff they've put out.

Shit argument.

>user, all you DO is explore and collect
But it's not the game's focus. The focus is on the shitty story.

imagine having shit taste