Dexit ruined the franchise

Dexit ruined the franchise.

Attached: Can't move Feraligatr to Sword.png (1280x720, 385.6K)

no it didn't. take responsibility for your feelings.

Why is gyarados and onix in every pokemon game besides 2.

gyarados is a chad
onix is a token weird cave monster

KANTO privilege

In a game like SWSH, it still feels arbitrary.

Actually gyarados was not in BW, damn. They really love him. He's been in every other pokemon game
Steelix is based

I only played to collect them all and complete living dexes.
The tea pot pissed me off and same with hat pikachus.
Dexit was the last straw.

can't u get him post game

The franchise was already ruined but Dexit was a big enough aftershock that people finally stopped arguing about pokemon designs and took notice of the real issues.

sometimes I have a chuckle thinking about Feraligatr getting BTFO just because of how many times you've posted this image

This, it was just the final nail in the coffin for normies, slowly being radicalised by an obvious drop in quality across all media.

Dexit saved the franchise.

It's a good image to represent how Dexit ruined the franchise by showcasing how a long-time collection of Pokémon from numerous past games is now fractured, so I think I'll be using it a lot more, actually.

>The franchise ruined the franchise.

Hot take: the franchise wasn't sustainable and was going to stagnate under GameFreak regardless of their decisions. The balance between what fans want to see and what the normalfags chasing trends want is too big of a gap, and pokemania was already dying down during gen 2. The franchise isn't ruined, just adapting too much to modern children.

>The franchise is ruined because I don't like the thing they did
You'd have a point if the franchise wasn't steadily growing, or if your argument wasn't that doing what nearly every other game in the genre's entire history has been doing from the start is somehow irreparably damning.

SWSH still gives you an abundance of Pokémon to catch, raise, and breed, Pokémon of a wide variety of types, abilities, moves, and stats. Just from the base game alone, you have so many Pokémon. You have to understand that Game Freak has made over 1000 Pokémon, both species and forms such as regionals, and each Pokémon had to be designed, programmed and rigged with animations. SWSH was the game where each of the models got updated HD textures and unique animations for battle and camp. Hundreds of Pokémon, many of whom had gender or form differences, and the scale is well over 1000. Add the human characters and the models of various items such as buildings, and you realize how big of a scope SWSH had to deal with. Pokémon is juggling with so much at once and the Dexit is the price for having constant releases. Otherwise, we would get every Pokemon but a new game every 4-5 years. The Pokemon brand feeds on constant updates to survive. It is a merchandising brand that uses video games on the side to stay relevant.

Yeah it sucks that but I’m already used to the regressed number of Pokémon with each game

Wow never seen that Game Freak PR response. I'll add it to my document. Thanks

It's the same models and animations from XY, copy/paste

Who cares? I transferred my Pokémon from RSE to DPPt and then to BW and then to XY and then to SM and now I can't transfer some of them to SwSh. The game sucks and the most important thing about the series is ruined.

Models, yes. Textures, no. Many animations were reused but every Pokémon got at least one new animation in camp or battle.