How the hell were you ever supposed to get this thing without a guide?

How the hell were you ever supposed to get this thing without a guide?

Attached: Tyrogue.png (260x240, 44.17K)

It was supposed to be a surprise and reward for exploration

Kiyo won't give it to you unless you have an empty slot though. What kind of surprise/reward is that?

He still tells you about it, all you have to do is go box a Pokémon and get some repels and go back
I missed it on my original playthrough but my friend told me about it and it blew my mind as a kid

>How the hell were you ever supposed to get this thing without a guide?
>my friend told me about it and it blew my mind as a kid

imagine that. a game that was created around the idea of "JRPGs but encourage socializing" has a social element. no wonder zoomers hate the older gens. you're all friendless weirdos

>how DARE the game have worthwhile exploration!!
>everything MUST be handed to me in the form of a 30% overworld encounter because of MY autism!!
Kill all zoomers.

>you're all friendless weirdos
only the terminally online ones
most of us are normal

Of all the pokemon in GSC to bitch about being rare, this isn't one of them, you're guarenteed to find him so long as you fully explore Mt Mortar.
The only pokemon that's stupidly rare in my opinion is houndour, but even then it's not THAT unreasonable to expect kids to hear about it through the grape vine.

houndour isn't rare...
it's a 20% encounter

kids used to find out about things through word of mouth, statistically 1 kid in every school found super rare things like this and then it spread like wildfire

It's not that it's rare, it's that it's obtuse.
>must go in the middle entrance, if you went in one of the sides and didn't realize that you can't explore the entire thing that way, tough shit
>must remember to come back after you have waterfall and the rising badge
>must go all the way into the deepest part of the cave
>then do it all over again because you had 6 pokemon with you
It's the last part that really gets me. If you forget and accidentally catch a pokemon while you're in there, tough shit, start over again

ya gotta want it son

Sneasel requires you to go to a specific floor in ice path at night to catch him.
Unironically hardest pokemon to catch would be heracross or foretress with no guide. Those things are a bitch
>lol just headbutt every tree for a few times
stfu faggot

5% in GS. And what I mean is how easy it is to miss, it's on one very small route in kanto and only available at night. And you never have any real reason to even set foot in the grass patch aside from searching for wild pokemon

user, there's no point. board right now is full of people who think the first two gens of pokemon were perfect untouchable masterpieces that were godlike in every way, we can't criticize games we played as kids because they can do no wrong

fpbp

I think you could've waited to see if I was actually gonna say that before calling me a faggot and telling me to stfu

>RARE POKEMON BAD
I'll never understand why zoomers out themselves like this

They're used to everything being waved in front of their faces . Just wait for new games to start using microtransactions for rare pokemon

Good question. I can't believe no one found out about Tyrogue until decades later. Gaming's bast kept secret?

PLA has pokemon that can be very hard to find and it came out in 2022.
Cope.

bro come on

I remember I was losing my fucking mind on how to get an azuril in emerald

Especially strange how it was in all the strategy guides but we somehow overlooked it every single time

>get Morty's badge
>find and explore everywhere, including Mt Mortar
>get to strength block
>play the game
>defeat Jasmine
>come back and get some useful items
>get Waterfall
>go to Mt Mortar
>explore even more
>get rewarded by getting a Tyrogue
I don't even know what else to say. I'm disappointed in you Any Forums, I thought you have soul.