I am very curious how Home integration is going to work with LoA from a collection stand point

I am very curious how Home integration is going to work with LoA from a collection stand point.

Will the fact that Giratina doesn't need to hold his item mean we can finally have Shadow Form Giratina saved?

Will the Alpha Pokémon carry over into it, or will we get a form page for Alpha versions in the Dex?

I'd really like a heads up on how much I should be collecting.

Attached: pokemon-home-switch-hero.jpg (1920x1080, 472.18K)

>LoA

>Shadow Form

We have no idea yet and likely won't be able to answer these questions until the integration is out. I could just see the Creation Trio reverting forms whenever they're put in Home. Absolutely no idea on Alpha Pokémon. Totems were notably reverted in size when transferred from Gen VII, but this game lets you have any non-Legendary as an Alpha. That may be a bit too much to entirely lock out.

>Will the fact that Giratina doesn't need to hold his item mean we can finally have Shadow Form Giratina saved?
Maybe. They recently put out an update to allow Furfrou's different forms since it could finally have them in boxes in Go. Box did the same for Hoopa in gen 7.
>Will the Alpha Pokémon carry over into it, or will we get a form page for Alpha versions in the Dex?
Honestly probably not. When you transfer Totem pokemon to Home they just turned normal and didn't have a different dex page for them either. Obviously we don't know officially yet but my guess is the same thing will happen unless they continue to have Alpha pokemon in gen 9.

>Will the fact that Giratina doesn't need to hold his item mean we can finally have Shadow Form Giratina saved?

No, that's probably something to accomodate to PLA.
It'll probably be like Genesect from Go which returns to its normal form when you transfer it from there.

>Will the Alpha Pokémon carry over into it, or will we get a form page for Alpha versions in the Dex?
Very unlikely as its not the case in PLA already.

>I'd really like a heads up on how much I should be collecting.
Other than species themselves, the shinies if you wnant.

Its actually one of the few questions that can be answered because we have precedent.
>Totems were notably reverted in size when transferred from Gen VII, but this game lets you have any non-Legendary as an Alpha. That may be a bit too much to entirely lock out.
You're literally ignoring the exact same preceden you brought up.

Is it possible to play PLA and only catch new Pokemon? I figure I'll have to play PLA eventually to complete my living dex, but everything I've seen makes it look so grindy. I don't want to waste hours catching a hundred bidoofs just to be able to catch one of the dozen new Pokemon or regional formes.

No, though if you're not interested in Arceus you can skip it(that actually requires 100% the dex)
but you have to get to enamorus and, to get there, you have to win the plotline and a post-game quest so WILL have to go through a few older mons at times.
You WONT have to grind nearly as much as most people though.

What I want to know is how movesets will be handled. Since PLA lets your Pokemon have access to a bank of moves that can be swapped at any time, will Home be updated to save those moves? Or will they only keep the four that they have learned? This could be a deciding factor in whether or not this feature remains in Gen 9.

>LoA

It will go like this:

>Pokémon moved in and out of PLA get the green HOME ball we’ve seen in the leaks/trailers

>Alpha Pokémon get instantly reverted to normal sized Pokémon like the ones from LGPE/Totems were

>Any forms based on items are reverted and need to be unlocked in whatever game they get sent to

I hope they keep their poke ball I also love their icon the most.

All of the Pokemon in home display a height and weight already which was likely ported over from Go.

I'm sure they'll keep the size but maybe not the status. So if future games look at the size, they'll still be big/small.

Probably anything going in and out will have that green Home ball since they wouldn't have modern balls in PLA and they likely wont keep the ancient balls in future games.

Forms will just revert except maybe not Enamorus.

They have the best balls

Attached: 7805BD77-8E08-4E02-B114-0FDC17018AC4.png (300x300, 101.75K)

No. You'll need to progress through the game to get access to the areas where all of them are, and certain ones can be extremely inconvenient if you don't capture them as soon as you see them/have the right items at the time.

You wont have to do all the dex stuff but some Pokemon like Basculin's two new forms will require a bit of grind outside of any story stuff.

The ones from LGPE get converted when moved to SWSH, the same thing will happen to alphas. Home doesn't save their size once outside

I really hope not. I have try to keep an autism tier living dex including all forms along with shinies of all forms to the best of my ability. Hunting for all shiny alphas might break me. Not to mentioned that's a another 500+ spots filled from just alphas and shiny alphas.

>They recently put out an update to allow Furfrou's different forms since it could finally have them in boxes in Go. Box did the same for Hoopa in gen 7.
So you can have Furfrou forms and Hoopa's djinn form in Home?

lgpe pokemon don't lose their size though

Eh, its not impossible, but its more manageable to have each mon be a predictable size(4 moves max), specially since with TMs, tutors, eggs and so on a mon can have a fuckton of potential moves in the traditional games.

I don't see it happening, at most I see them warning you that it'll only have the 4 moves it currently has.

>they likely wont keep the ancient balls in future games
they kept some more specific shit

It wouldn't surprise me if they kept the status. 255 size is probably an alpha.

Furfrou yeah. Not sure about Hoopa.

im most interested in what ability's they'll have when they leave home, i hope its not hidden abilities like the VC games because those cant be fixed with an item.

VC transfers have their hidden abilities specifically to avoid Machamp having access to No Guard Fissure.

The difference with alpha Pokemon is that they actually have a unique marking Where other size differences didnt have one. So they're already a lot more legitimized it's pretty up in the air if they will persist through home or not and it could be a case that they would get converted only when transferred to another game but could still stay alpha in home and transfer in and out of PLA