Why are most of the new gen 8 pokemon so fucking terrible? this is the worst collection of new pokemon in the franchise

why are most of the new gen 8 pokemon so fucking terrible? this is the worst collection of new pokemon in the franchise.

Attached: 1643763277370.jpg (2881x4272, 1.86M)

For the Hisuan forms at least it feels the most like they were made to serve a purpose before being made as something that makes sense & can give a pleasing, interesting result.
More precisely, say they needed a Pokémon to turn into one that can climb like Sneasler does, they just looked around, tried to do the best they could and ran away with it.
That's how I feel

These are all amazing in LA! Fuck you. All you do is complain. Be a man and suck it up.

>galar dex sucks
>PLA's additions are mostly great with a couple of hard stinkers
I hope they never do that "programmers work with artists" design philosophy they went with in Gen 8 again

The starters are atrocious but outside of that I'd put the Pokémon above gen IV(bland) and gen V(awful).

Alcremie inciting goo girl fantasies but confectionary redeems it all...

not as bad as gen v

even the ones I like, something just seems off, I like a lot of fakemon better, it feels weird haha must be gettin old

I'm so fucking mad over Boltund's hideous design still. The legendaries are awful as well. I unironically like the common shitmon of Galar like Sandaconda and Orbeetle though.

PLA is the worst collection of new monsters yet, which is surprising since there are so few of them. You'd think that it would allow more polish to go int othe designs, but nope.

I never got the hate for Boltund, it is just another dogmon like every other dogmon before it.

Did you play BW2? It had the therians(admittedly better than the incarnates but that isn't saying a lot) and the godawful fusions?

Is it just me or does it bother me that the image only shows 3 Galarian forms

its just kinda weird and generic, they should've mixed in an electric eel or something to make it cooler like how arcanine is half-tiger

it manages to be the most boring and the most ugly

Yeah the legendaries are really bad
I already wasn't on board with the concept in the 1st place but the execution for them is hideous, especially the colors. Calyrex is so bad and the horses are literal tools for it more than anything.
I do like Eternatus but it is essentially a Necrozma with worse story integration, and Necrozma wasnt setting the bar that high

I mean sure it's just a greyhound, but it isn't like we haven't had generic dogs before. Like Stoutland is also just a dog and people think it's fine.

i liked most of the hisui forms and evos but yeah swsh mons are really bad, pretty much on par with gen 5 mons.

no when stoutland came out everyone fucking despised it, my friends would've considered it the ugliest of gen 5 if garbodor wasn't in the same gen, its just a whole bunch of stinkers have come since to drown it out

sure you're not mistaking it for Herdier user
Stoutland is based

You like choking hazard Dialga and armless centaur Palkia?

well yeah herdier is way worse, but if you compare stoutland to arcanine or houndoom its night and day, Stoutland fucking sucks and is a shit design, they should've went with a more classic design for Boltund and make it look more like a greyhound instead of just "Cartoon dog"

It's not as bad as gen 6

Houndoom doesn't even have ears lmao it's a shitass fucking design

yeah because pokemon are not just dogs retard

you're right man cutting off a doberman's ears and gluing horns onto it really makes it a fantastical beast