Game is about pokemon battles

>game is about pokemon battles
>let's make every major boss a shitty bootleg darksouls ripoff where you run around in a circle and throw bags at it

Attached: pla-avalugg_0011_Background-770x433.jpg (770x433, 14.71K)

>the bags miss 90% of the time unless you’re literally within kissing distance

Attached: A0AA6AA3-E75E-423D-B4D4-B8DA3A16DE77.png (343x399, 164.62K)

Ngl I actually got filtered by this battle. I ended up choosing the option where Avalugg keeps its damage after you faint

>game is about pokemon battles
>let's make every major boss a shitty NPC where you do nothing but click A three times

Attached: 1635709687498.jpg (2048x1522, 585.76K)

Attached: chinlet.png (988x764, 720.69K)

Apparently holding down the trigger makes you throw it further and the game didnt think it was important to tell you this at any point

Me too, I could not dodge those icicles that fall from the air

jesus really? yeah I wish I knew this when facing every noble beyond lilligent

When you look up they are easier to dodge, but in later stages when he adds spikes... Ugh.
I did the same.

Dodging has a shitton of invincibility frames.

>Kleavor - Bane/10
Make it run into the tree, throw bags, never use pokemon
>Liligant - Tutorial Boss/10
Dodge out when it jumps, never use pokemon
>Arcanine - 6/10
Dodge into all attacks. if it leaps high, stay out of middle. If it has balls on its head, hit it with balms to stop the attack, never use pokemon
>Electrode - 8/10
Always be moving. Balm when you can. Absolutely use pokemon when you can
>Avalugg - 6/10
Would be higher if the camera didn't automatically center itself in a way that blocks your view of the hardest to dodge attack. Always look up, don't stand in fire, use pokemon 3 times.
>Palkia/Dialga - 4/10
Circle strafe and mash R2. Never use a pokemon.

I would like more bossfights, with more mechanics please. Most of these were fine, but it would have been cool to have like, cover mechanics or some sort of field interactions.

Wow wish I knew this before I beat it

Like, the lock on trigger, or the prep throw trigger?

You’re missing one ;)

I didn't even know Pokedex entries were filled after 10 points. I learned this the hard way with the Starly quest

I haven't done post game yet. Unless you mean the bear.

speaking of ursaluna, did anyone else have issues with it avoiding every attack?

For the Post-game rematches I'd rate Arcanaine higher because I found it much harder just because of how aggressive you have to be to throw balms at it/bait it's movements.

>Arceus starts out pretty good
>moves are decently challenging to dodge
>gets a bunch of new moves for it's second phase
>last two sections of the health bar just repeat the first phase attacks
Did they forget to finish the fight?

Attached: 1600214769907.png (512x512, 65.51K)

>shitty bootleg darksouls ripoff
You faggots have been crying about wanting this for years.

I wish there was gyro aiming so I could easily adjust my throws up or down as positioning changes

It has 7 attack patterns, it just chooses them randomly after the second phase. Unless you suck major ass at throwing balms or you intentionally stall the fight you'll just never see all of the patterns in the same encounter because you'll win before it can even do 8 move cycles.

if you hold down the prep throw trigger it'll quickly "charge up" to the max throw distance
you can test it with something like a pokeball, tap the throw button and then hold it for a second or two and the distance will be significantly different

The game is about exploration and capturing Pokemon. That's why the amount of mandatory battles is the same as a couple of routes between two cities.

I got three cycles of shockwaves followed by lasers before i beat it
That just felt really anticlimactic after phase 2