Is it true bros? Does Arceus promote colonialism themes?

Is it true bros? Does Arceus promote colonialism themes?

Attached: 20220203_233534.jpg (1080x1675, 227.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vice.com/en/article/g5qd7b/pokemon-legends-arceus-review
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's not till Pokemon Legends Kyruem

It's pretty ethical colonialism I think, like Galaxy team is totally respecting the boundaries set by both clans.

I mean, it IS about setting up a colony. But thats probably not what the author means

I’ve dreamed about invading a land populated by natives who’ve been there for centuries and just subjugating the fuck out of them with my beaver monster

Considering it’s set in a colonial frontier town, yes.

I mean it’s based on mainland Japan colonizing Hokkaido. No matter your stance on colonization that’s literally what’s happening in the game

Don't know, don't care, fuck off.

A lot more ethical and happy than the historical colonization of Hokkaido, that's for sure. There's a lot of parallels between the Japanese treatmetn of the Ainu people and American treatment of Native Americans

Those people want to believe that the past didn't exist.

40 years of Kawaii culture has allowed people to forget that the Japanese were savagely cruel and soulless creatures until we enlightened them with two Atom Bombs.

It really is amazing how they were able to reinvent their image post-World War II. Plenty of Westerner Zoomers today will try to pretend Japan was innocent good boy, which is something almost no one unironically does for Germany.

Americans are more brutal
>two nukes
case in point

What's amazing is Americans thinking they aren't the worst atrocity to ever exist

Considering a major point is made about Jubilife coexisting with the older clans on the island, it's at worst still a pretty damn optimistic version of colonialism.

Shouldn't have killed almost 2,500 Americans by bombing Pearl Harbor and also declaring war on them if you didn't want to risk the consequences of war.

Fair play to them, they rode their economic miracle into a new future and have benefited massively from it.
Some of the stories I’ve heard and read from WW2 especially though were fucking wild, when I was a kid my Granfather told me they found a Japanese camp in PNG that was full of bones and other cooked human remains in pots. When I grew up I looked it up and that shit wasn’t even due to starvation half the time, just a lack of meat or for morale.
My understanding of Hokkaido is they worked thousands of the natives to death, and going off what they did in Malaysia to P.O.Ws I can only imagine how cruel it was.
>muh Americans
I was taking the piss with the nukes, a massive tragedy but it did save the country from complete ruin via and invasion that would’ve killed millions.
Americans are bastards and they have a shocking history, but the Japs were a whole different level of fucked up. I’ve never heard of American battalions butchering and eating a POW every day as a form of psychological warfare.

Link if anyone is curious. I think he makes some solid points.

vice.com/en/article/g5qd7b/pokemon-legends-arceus-review

No, Ricardo is just a twat

>contreras

>colonialism in a world the majority of humans were either born into or dragged into as a means of survival

Ignore this stupid faggot, whats the fastest way to spam friendship up in this game?

Attached: 1642933076832.jpg (658x960, 69.98K)

Attached: Screenshot_20220204-063134_Chrome.jpg (511x549, 95.76K)

>A lot more ethical and happy than the historical colonization of Hokkaido, that's for sure
The same can be said for almost every time colonization happened because there always ended up being a famine, genocide, forced relocation, and/or exploitation of some fashion almost every time it happened.

You're not wrong