Gen 9 reveal

>Gen 9 reveal
>shows some gameplay
>it's basically the same thing as SwSh and ignoring the updated catching mechanics and seamless transition into battles from Pokemon Legends Arceus
What are the chances Gamefreak does this, and what will the fan response be if it did happen?

Attached: junichi-masuda-pokemon-letsgo-cosplay-1.jpg (872x600, 67.61K)

100%
Fans will eat it up anyway

odds are this will happen if they were using arceus as a game to test the waters and were developing gen 9 alongside or before it, but I hope it's in the same vein as arceus.

Very likely and obviously there's going to be people seething and people also seething but trying to hide it by saying "O-OF COURSE THEY WOULDN'T KEEP ALL THIS S-STUFF IN IT'S A SPINOFF"

sounds perfect

I wouldn't mind having the old system back in place but I know it would be shit regardless because they'd just cut more moves/pokemon again.

Probably break sales records again too because every pokemon fan eats shit and calls it fine dining.

Attached: 53131ed90c38e6e89939d1d43ed3b8fc.png (770x744, 993.02K)

I can see them incorporating the seamless battle transitions just like how swsh had lets go overworld pokemon, but I can't see the catching mechanic being in gen 9. Even if it was, I feel like that mechanic only works well in a wild area and not a corridor like route, and I can't see gamefreak making gen 9 completely 3d.

It's definitely going to be full 3D. SWSH DLC and now PLA have been building up to it

Never underestimate Game Freak's ability to stumble, drunken and totally on accident, onto good things - even publicly acknowledging what they've come up with is pretty cool and good - only to never return to it again and stubbornly spin off in random directions without adopting the things that have worked as standard features for future games. Make no mistake, this is just something like dexnav on a larger scale: "Well, it was very interesting and we got the chance to test out some new features. We understand many people approved of the direction taken in PL:A and will consider implementation in future games if it makes intuitive sense" only to never try anything like it again. lmao

Attached: 1643941625309.png (872x600, 126.05K)

>what will the fan response be if it did happen?
"HAHA W-WE DON'T CARE, LEGENDS ARCEUS WAS SHIT A-ANYWAY! BASED GAMEFREAK! I HOPE THEY ALSO REMOVE ANOTHER FEATURE!"

PLA is Gen 9

Probably this. They take whatever stance is most convenient to "own those doomposters".

Generations need to introduce new pokemon.

Bro it's already happening, mainline games get brainstormed years in advance. Ohmori and his goons are probably already shitting out Gen 9 as we speak, Legends was just a pump and dump ploy to remedy people's opinion about Game Freak, there's no way they are going to waste their time doing something beneficial to the series like inproving on the Legends gameplay formula when they can just blurt out another game.

given how fuckugly the terrain is in PLA I don’t want seamless battle transitions, the traditional battle arenas at least look nice.
Honestly, I’d prefer if Gen 9 went back to the usual formula (or even doubled down on it) and Legends stuck around with new releases, too

Regardless of any hypothetical Pokemon game's quality, the media will give it unduly inflated scores because it's pokemon and it's nintendo and they're too craven to withstand petty fanboys, thus drowning genuine criticism. And casuals will obviously buy it anyway. A lack of any meaningful pushback will once again reinforce GF's pathetic development culture, and the lamentably outdated graphics, gameplay, technology etc. will continue to persist.

I like mainline better than Legends honestly, there are things in Legends I like better than mainline but I am already running out of things to do in Legends while in Swsh I had tons of fun with competitive now that it's accessible to non-hackers.

PLA has new pokemon
PLA is Gen 9

nta, PLA isn't gen 9 because the community generally agrees that a new gen happens when a new region made by gamefreak comes out, I honestly don't know what that other user was talking about with ne pokemon, every new mainline game nowadays comes with new mons. Also, Gamefreak doesn't even gens to be a thing, so its really just a community thing.

usum had new pokemon
usum is gen 8