Catching Pokemon in the overworld isn't a bad feature, but building this game around just catching is. It's useful...

Catching Pokemon in the overworld isn't a bad feature, but building this game around just catching is. It's useful, no doubt, but it gets boring after a while when the shallowness of this gameplay starts sinking in.
Sure, you have other research tasks, but those are usually even worse or feel more tedious than that.

I'm not having any fun with this game, and while I'm not saying it's a completely horrible game, it's not what I would call a good game.

Attached: 6414123_sd.jpg (618x1000, 789.06K)

They should let us wrestle the wild pokemon with the dodge roll and either subdue them or face the consequences

That sounds just as bad since it just puts even less focus on using Pokemon. It was already bad enough when the noble fights felt like it was more effective to not even use Pokemon at all.

What are you fighting in the "noble fights"?

The fights where you dodge and throw stuff to deplete the HP.

Yeah, it feels like it's lacking in strategy or at least reason to form a strategy. I'm not really sure what the best way for it to be addressed is. Having pvp could help, but there are concerns the battle system wouldn't work well for that because of the turn order. Maybe catching could be made more involving with set pieces requiring more stealth or requiring specific conditions to catch some Pokemon like what World of Final Fantasy does?

>Maybe catching could be made more involving with set pieces requiring more stealth
This is tge problem though. There has to be more than just catching, and making more stealth doesn't fix the problems in other areas.

The issue is more you don't really have much to much with the Pokemon you catch other than catch more Pokemon. Everything else is very limited or it doesn't really matter which mon you use.

Well said.

This. I need some shitty filler trainers to beat then it magically won't be shallow anymore.

Okay retards here's how to have fun in PLA
You need to be a certain type of user to enjoy this game it seems, so here goes;
>SLOW THE FUCK DOWN
>get the fuck off the shazamdeer and walk motherfucker, you're in the Pokemon world now, enjoy it.
>look for cool scenery as your goal, rather than catching 15 starly and bidoof
>explore, there's some cool shit to see if you just SLOW THE FUCK DOWN
tldr slow up nigga.

I don't really see the problem. It's not like previous mainline games were so much richer in content. People put WAY too much value in trainer battles when the vast majority of them are so effortless that you forget them all together. There should be more variety in how to catch different species of Pokemon but I think focusing on catching Pokemon was a good idea and I'd like to see this concept done again with more effort.

It's about depth. Not necessarily the amount of content.

This. I need some shitty filler trainers to beat with my overleveled starter then it will magically have depth.

Why not enjoy a game with better scenery?

Unironically yes, catching is boring, I want to battle pokemon

That's retarded. All you need is catching Pokemon to fill up a collection like my backlog of games.

I just hate the dodge/throw battles. Its lame, every other game mechanic is decent but could be better.

>catch alpha growlithe I've been looking for so I can evolve
>seconds later fall from cliff and die
>lost a satchel with rare candie
>not_on_my_watch.jpg
>reset game
>try to catch alpha again,
>it doesn't respawn anymore no matter what I do.
I go back to the village, sleep many times, visit different regions, etc and come back but it doesn't respawn but the other one that always appears with it does respawn, I have catched it like 20 times but the alpha is gonne, what the fuck happened? did this shit get bugged?

A lot of the alpha Pokemona are rng.

I slowed down, found some 'secret' places. They are all hallways. They got the whole 'ruins' theme going on and they only use it to railroad through the story.