So any new mainline Pokémon that isn't like this game will be instantly bashed and shelved by the normies

So any new mainline Pokémon that isn't like this game will be instantly bashed and shelved by the normies.
So either Gen 9 is DOA or it will improve the foundations laid by legends.
I'm glad this is finally happening.

Attached: arceusblog-1629293739600.jpg (1920x1080, 138.23K)

Swsh was shit on and they bought it anyway

>th-this time normies will turn on the series, i swear
You've been saying this for a decade. It isn't happening.

There was no Legends back in SW/SH and Let's Go still wasn't what people were asking for.
Legends changes everything.
Let's go backlash was so hard at the time that GF had to clarify it wasn't a "mainline" game and SW/SH wouldn't be like Let's Go.

They didn't do that to Legends.

Attached: 1639403948383.jpg (1242x1223, 153.63K)

It would be neat if a possible Gen 9 was visiting a sparsely populated region with maybe a few towns and a singe major city. Could have all the tech and modern stuff without issue and have the big explorable regions with little need to make specific routes between places. If they made another Legends game, I'd like a 1950's pokemon game a about the creation of Team Rocket

Another Kanto game :l?

>Implying every new pokemon game won't be instantly bashed and shelved by toxic manchildren anyways

They could literally sell you a baf of shit inside a game box and you'd still buy and defend it online
>W-Well let's be fair with Gamefreak a-at they've given you the fun of discovering at what type of creature those feces belong to! I say it's well worth the asking price!

BDSP sold 14 million in 3 months, there is no risk

It doesn't have to be Kanto, Team Rocket has a major presence in the Johto region as well. And a neat old timey Japanese Aesthetic to go with it.

> by the normies
Not really. Normies will just do what the shills tell them.
They'll pretend to have hated PLA if necesary, like its happening now with SWSH.

Don't delude yourself, you know very well it will just get praised for going back to its roots or whatever, the main series has no salvation anymore.

Gen 9 will likely feature legacy battles, but will take world design notes from PLA. Expect similar wild area zones like PLA with routes connecting them. I'm hoping they not shitty gen 6 - 8 routes and that they at least make them like narrower/smaller stretches of the wild area/pla maps that utilize free camera control in their design and actually bring back dungeons.

People shat so much on the inconsistencies of the legacy battle system in SH/SW that I think it will be the other way around.
PLA battle system will remain but the game won't be open world, more like SW/SH.

The fact that there are whispers of GF releasing it's own smogon (stadium) so they can experiment more with the mainline games makes me think old turn based combat is done for in the mainline games.

>overworld battles would be like PLA
>there's a battle facility where classic battles take place
>it would hold tournaments with trainers from the game and have an online function for friends to join in
Would be cool.

I honestly think they'll wait for new hardware, we'll likely see some of the more minor things like sleep and freeze reworks, stats boosts being capped and statuses being a number of turns long and carried into gen 9. Maybe styles will return and they may add a wide style so they can debloat the number of moves that are just types with different BP and shit. I think the battles in the overworld may remain, but I see them holding off on overworld battles and styles for another Legends game on new hardware so that the game can look better and be the GSC to PLA's RGBY.
Will be interesting to see what happens, and I will enjoy the Any Forums melties regardless.

Yes. Now that legends is out people will stop settling for mediocrity and we will get better games.

Attached: 1641467380081.png (415x522, 374.07K)

New hardware's not coming for a long time mate, Switch was recently stated to be "just in the middle of its lifespan", which is codeword for "chip shortages are still fucking us in the ass and we're going to ride this cash cow until it stops printing money."
At EARLIEST we'll see Nintendo bring out a new handheld in 2027, but I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if we're waiting even longer so long as crypto's something both China as a nation and the megacorps want to pursue for more profit at the expense of everyone else.

nah, it won't go that long unless they release a dock that can upscale to squeeze out some more life out of it.
I honestly expect new hardware to be announced in '24 - '25.

>Inconsistencies of the legacy battle system
Lol what that is literally the first time I've heard that. Also
>PLA mons have abilities coded in
>Still doing VGC tournaments on Swsh
>N-no guys they're gonna keep the same system

Come on.

PLA is the worst game in the series.

I expect routes to be integrated in the Wild Area itself. You just follow the path if you want or wander around

>stats boosts being capped and statuses being a number of turns long
Pokemon is slowly morphing into an smt game mechanics wise

I've never played this game, and I'm never going to play it. It looks like a complete turd, but I despise it for one and only one reason: the new regional forms. They're insultingly bad. The new Pokemon and forms in SWSH were shit, but they weren't AS shit. I didn't play those games either, but they didn't make me as angry. FUCK this game. FUCK what they did to perfectly fine Pokemon that should've been left alone.